Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Minimum of 4 United flights/segments for Premier Status-Post your questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 2, 2017, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Wooglin
UA waiving four segment requirement for non-U.S. residents (in 2021 for 2022 status) expired

UA Premier four (4) segment rule
To be eligible to qualify for any Premier level, you must fly a minimum of four paid flight segments on flights operated by United and/or United Express during a calendar year.
  • Four (4) paid or award (not award) flight segments operated by UA/UX (Award tickets qualify as of 2023)
  • Flight segment needs to be credited to UA MP to qualify
  • Codeshares operated by UA qualify
  • Codeshares operated by other airlines / partners do not qualify
  • Can be on any ticket stock (do not need to be sold by UA)
  • Basic Economy (N) fares do not now count (regardless of elite status) (BE segments now qualified -- starting Dec 2018)
  • A flight segment is each flight between two airports as purchased (direct flights -single flight number with a stop - that credits as 1 PQF, counts as one segment)
  • Original Routing Credit, when applicable, can be used
  • The requirement is waived for Chase MileagePlus Presidential Plus Card or a Chase United MileagePlus Club Card primary credit card holders ceased in 2020
  • Not required for Lifetime status (aka Million Miler status)

Related thread: Hitting the 4 UA Metal Segment Requirement - how to find cheapest option?

Print Wikipost

Minimum of 4 United flights/segments for Premier Status-Post your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2022, 10:18 pm

Concerning a GOLD level on UA (Premier Gold), I do read the following "con"

>>
  • Cons At least four qualifying segments need to be flown on United Airlines

So my question is, can those flight be on another airline in Asia but booked on the UA website as a codeshare, or do these need to be real UA flights? UA has actually no flights in Asia where I live beside some flights landing from the USA in some cities and returning.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Oct 17, 2022 at 11:45 pm Reason: moved to subject thread
Old Oct 17, 2022, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyertalk_member
So my question is, can those flight be on another airline in Asia but booked on the UA website as a codeshare, or do these need to be real UA flights? UA has actually no flights in Asia where I live beside some flights landing from the USA in some cities and returning.
The flights must be operated by UA.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2023, 2:59 am

4 min United flights - Premier Gold

To get to Premier Gold status, it says "Minimum of 4 flights operated by United or United Express." I'm now looking at flights on the United website and it says "Operated by Republic Airways dba United Express." Would this count towards one of these 4 flights?
Old Jun 29, 2023, 3:06 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Yes, that flight qualifies.

(I thought the thread title meant 4 minute duration United flights, and was very curious what that was about! 😀...I need coffee....)
lowfareair, jsloan, uanj and 12 others like this.
Old Jun 29, 2023, 4:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by flyerflyerflyer3
To get to Premier Gold status, it says "Minimum of 4 flights operated by United or United Express." I'm now looking at flights on the United website and it says "Operated by Republic Airways dba United Express." Would this count towards one of these 4 flights?
Yes, any United Express flight qualifies for the 4 minimum, regardless of who operates it. (GotJet, Republic, etc)

Originally Posted by narvik
Yes, that flight qualifies.

(I thought the thread title meant 4 minute duration United flights, and was very curious what that was about! 😀...I need coffee....)
Same, and I have coffee in hand.
jpezaris, narvik and HoyaSFOIAD like this.
Old Jun 29, 2023, 7:29 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Is there a selection I can make on the UA Web site so that the customer service agents I speak with by phone don't have to constantly remind me that my United flight is actually operated by Republic Airways? I know who the operator is. I don't care. I care more about the type of aircraft, seat configuration (favorite seat on a 175 and E550 is 4A or on a 170 2A), and on-time performance.
Old Jun 29, 2023, 8:23 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM / Hilton Diamond / Bonvoy Gold / Hertz PC
Thought for sure a new SFO-OAK route was opening up to get around bridge traffic. Guess there probably wouldn’t be time for an inflight cocktail.
marks88 likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2023, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by tarheelnj
Is there a selection I can make on the UA Web site so that the customer service agents I speak with by phone don't have to constantly remind me that my United flight is actually operated by Republic Airways? I know who the operator is. I don't care.
Contact your congressman and senators; it's a legal requirement following the Colgan crash.
jsloan, SPN Lifer and tarheelnj like this.
Old Jun 29, 2023, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tarheelnj
Is there a selection I can make on the UA Web site so that the customer service agents I speak with by phone don't have to constantly remind me that my United flight is actually operated by Republic Airways?
No. The DOT requires that the operating carrier be disclosed to you at the time of ticketing.
SPN Lifer and tarheelnj like this.
Old Nov 14, 2023, 11:15 am

Programs: UA *G MM, SPG LTG, AA, LH
I'm sure this has been asked before, but is the 4 flights on UA minimum also valid for Million Milers to receive (requalify for) Gold status for next year?
Apologies for not finding the answer. Thanks!
Old Nov 14, 2023, 11:39 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by roesner
I'm sure this has been asked before, but is the 4 flights on UA minimum also valid for Million Milers to receive (requalify for) Gold status for next year?
I had one year (during Covid) where I did not fly 4 segments, and my Gold status (based on MM status that I achieved several years before) did NOT lapse.
Old Nov 14, 2023, 12:49 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by roesner
Apologies for not finding the answer. Thanks!
MMer status is exempt from the four-segment requirement.
roesner, jsloan, SPN Lifer and 2 others like this.
Old Nov 14, 2023, 1:44 pm

Programs: UA *G MM, SPG LTG, AA, LH
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
MMer status is exempt from the four-segment requirement.
Thank you and thank you for moving my question to the appropriate thread! Much appreciated.
Old Nov 28, 2023, 12:24 am

Programs: LH SEN,Flying Blue Platinum, BA GGL, Accor Diamond, HHONORS Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Does all redemtion tickets on UA metal count towards the 4 qualifying legs/year or do they need to be on UA ticketstock? In my case I would like to book UA flights on SAS miles. thanks
Old Nov 28, 2023, 12:34 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by mattanapura
Does all redemtion tickets on UA metal count towards the 4 qualifying legs/year or do they need to be on UA ticketstock? In my case I would like to book UA flights on SAS miles. thanks
Any 4 operated paid UA segments credited to UA (or redeemed as UA award). So paid segments on non-UA ticket stock credited to UA count.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.