Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated CDG connection time/logistics/lounge - UA back in Term 1, new *A lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 16, 2021, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Consolidated CDG connection time/logistics/lounge - UA back in Term 1, new *A lounge

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2023, 8:04 pm

Programs: UA Platinum; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by zeus2120
I flew into and out of CDG last week. For me, I absolutely hated the experience. Heading back to the US my bags were checked 3 hours before the flight. I walked on the plane with 5 minutes of boarding to spare. Total mess at the boarding pass check, the passport control line, and finally security. When I arrived into CDG, the passport control line was so backed up and so unorganized that our entire plane was stuck on a moving walkway with absolutely no where to go -- just piling into the people waiting for passport control. Not sure if it's always like that but that was my experience.
What time of the day was your flight?
Old Feb 27, 2023, 3:12 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Well I wrote a very nice, extensive review of T1 but FlyerTalk lost it on United Wifi. Not going to rewrite it so here are the highlights
  • takes 30 minutes from Marriott to t1, shuttle only stops at T2
  • checkin area is still horrible, impossible to find anything with the multi level cylinder layout
  • Star Alliance lounge is fine, good wine, bad food, horrible wifi
  • 10 minute walk from lounge to security, 5 minutes to get through security
  • T1 is beautiful, great art deco design, plentiful space, comfortable leather and velvet chairs
  • SSSS screening is before boarding in a nice private area near the gate and available 2H before all flights
  • best boarding experience in UA system. Dedicated GS, 1K and family lanes. This should be the standard
SPN Lifer, sapguy and ARR72 like this.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by ARR72
What time of the day was your flight?
UA 914 -- 11:40am. It was a Thursday.
ARR72 likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2023, 1:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by nexus7556
Well I wrote a very nice, extensive review of T1 but FlyerTalk lost it on United Wifi. Not going to rewrite it so here are the highlights
  • takes 30 minutes from Marriott to t1, shuttle only stops at T2
  • checkin area is still horrible, impossible to find anything with the multi level cylinder layout
  • Star Alliance lounge is fine, good wine, bad food, horrible wifi
  • 10 minute walk from lounge to security, 5 minutes to get through security
  • T1 is beautiful, great art deco design, plentiful space, comfortable leather and velvet chairs
  • SSSS screening is before boarding in a nice private area near the gate and available 2H before all flights
  • best boarding experience in UA system. Dedicated GS, 1K and family lanes. This should be the standard
Connecting to a United flight in CDG from an Ethiopian flight from Addis. Ethiopian landed in T2, cleared security immediately after getting off the plane in T2, walked to a bus gate to take a bus to T1 which took about 20 minutes including the time waiting on the bus for it to leave and time on the road between T2 and T1, dropped off after security in T1 so not easy to use the star alliance lounge pre-security.

T1 is truly beautiful though, the entire gate area felt like a massive lounge space, velvet sofas everywhere.

The dedicated GS, 1K lines helped to bring down some of the chaos but the lines aren't long enough for the number of 1Ks on the flight so if you're not lining up as part of the first 10 people it then became a jumbled mess with some group 1 lining up with the 1Ks since it's hard to find match the line with the tiny signs especially when the line extends past the line entrance.
Old Mar 12, 2023, 3:04 pm

Programs: UA- 1K, DL-DM, AA-G, BON-T
So I was in T1 over President’s day. Other than the weird 1960’s Jetson’s layout, it was fine. Took me 15 min tops to go from entering terminal to gate. Most annoying thing was arriving by taxi - the T1 curb arrival is so tiny that it was way backed up (T2 curb situation is much better IMHO). That said, I was in business class so used the #1 security and passport (or whatever it is called). Question - I was not in business would I have been able to use the premium security and passport as Star Gold? AF/DL give you access as sky priority but unclear is UA does. In T2 AF area they just check your BP visually for premium lanes but in T1 you have to scan you BP to get through gate.
Old Mar 12, 2023, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by CaliguyNYC
Question - I was not in business would I have been able to use the premium security and passport as Star Gold?
It's called fast track, and yes, accessible via premium ticket type or status.
Old Mar 12, 2023, 5:20 pm

Programs: 1K
Later next month I am flying BEY-CDG-IAD outbound on MEA connecting to UA. I have 5 hours between flights and most likely am not going to want to sit in the terminal. If MEA arrives at 2E, and the lounge is outside of security in T1, what is the best way of getting to T1? Do I take Bus/Train and make the transfer, leave the secured side of the airport at T1(if allowed), and come back through immigration? Or would i be better off leaving the secured side at 2(E), taking the CDGVAL to T1 and going through immigration?
Old Mar 13, 2023, 3:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM; Bonvoy Titanium; most other FF programs...
Originally Posted by seanp7
From multiple websites and comments above: "Terminal 1 at CDG, after passport control but before security on level 10."
How does this work for connections? I am arriving on UA 990 (SFO-CDG) connecting to an Aegean flight to Athens.

Do I exit security after going through customs on arrivals? Or is there a way for an easier transfer?

(not opposed to extra steps - just curious)
Old Mar 13, 2023, 4:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM; Bonvoy Titanium; most other FF programs...
Duplicate post by mistake 🤦🏼‍♂️
Old Apr 17, 2023, 6:05 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Traveling EWR-NCE soon on two separate tickets: EWR-CDG (UA) then CDG-NCE (AF), both in J, with a 4-hour connection time. I realize I have to reclaim my bags in CDG. Does AF have a baggage recheck location in T-1 or is my connection the equivalent of leaving the airport and coming back in again at T-2? Has anyone had any experience or issues with this type of transfer?

On the return, flying NCE-CDG late afternoon, then overnighting at the Sheraton, followed by UA early-AM CDG-EWR flight the next morning, so no question about process there..
Old Apr 30, 2023, 11:30 am

Programs: UA 4 million miler; Hilton goldMarriott platinum elite
Connection time at CDG

Flying IAD-CDG-BOD in early June, first leg on UA 915 arriving 6:55am, with no checked bags. Yet to book on AF to BOD. How much time to allow for immigration, getting to the next terminal, check in on AF, security, etc. Any chance the 9:25am AF flight would work? Or should I be looking at the 11:50am flight?
Old Apr 30, 2023, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by ugs/dca/iad
Flying IAD-CDG-BOD in early June, first leg on UA 915 arriving 6:55am, with no checked bags. Yet to book on AF to BOD. How much time to allow for immigration, getting to the next terminal, check in on AF, security, etc. Any chance the 9:25am AF flight would work? Or should I be looking at the 11:50am flight?
If everything works perfectly (UA flight early or on time; no line at passport control; CDGVAL running quickly; etc), then yes. Otherwise, it’s going to get exciting. I’d personally do the 11:50 am.
hhdl likes this.
Old May 2, 2023, 1:58 pm

Programs: UA 4 million miler; Hilton goldMarriott platinum elite
Thanks for your response. I have lots of miles on UA but have not been through CDG for 15+ years.
Old May 21, 2023, 7:47 am

Can someone tell me where the lounge in CDG is located for United? My son is flying solo from CDG on 6/2 and I want to give him good instructions on how to get there. He will be ubering from his hotel to the airport with just carry on luggage and he will already have his boarding pass. Where should we have him dropped off and where is the best security to go through to get to the lounge?
Old May 21, 2023, 12:19 pm

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
Originally Posted by fluffybunnt22
Can someone tell me where the lounge in CDG is located for United? My son is flying solo from CDG on 6/2 and I want to give him good instructions on how to get there. He will be ubering from his hotel to the airport with just carry on luggage and he will already have his boarding pass. Where should we have him dropped off and where is the best security to go through to get to the lounge?
The Star Alliance Lounge at CDG is pre-security and after immigration. Take the elevators in the duty free area up to Level 11.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.