Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated CDG connection time/logistics/lounge - UA back in Term 1, new *A lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 16, 2021, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Consolidated CDG connection time/logistics/lounge - UA back in Term 1, new *A lounge

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2023, 6:46 am

Programs: UA Gold, CO Plat, CO Million Miler
Traveled back to EWR yesterday from Paris with my spouse, both *Gold. We never check bags, so we went from Uber drop off direct to passport control and security and then to lounge...all good. As it was early in morning, the lines were very short in both instances...But a comment and a question.

The auto passport scanner and facial recognition passport control setup is abominable. My wife took about 5 minutes in the booth waiting for automatic doors to open after scanning her pretty face. There was no one available to step forward, let her through, and look at passport manually.

We went though the regular security lines which were short. But I understand as *Gold we could have used the Access 1 lines....How would we identify ourselves as eligible for Access 1 as we only have United mobile boarding passes?
Old Nov 14, 2023, 8:44 am

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
Originally Posted by hughw
The auto passport scanner and facial recognition passport control setup is abominable. My wife took about 5 minutes in the booth waiting for automatic doors to open after scanning her pretty face. There was no one available to step forward, let her through, and look at passport manually.
Last week when I was at CDG T1, the egates weren't even working. I used Access No.1 which still took around 10min to clear immigration.

Originally Posted by hughw
We went though the regular security lines which were short. But I understand as *Gold we could have used the Access 1 lines....How would we identify ourselves as eligible for Access 1 as we only have United mobile boarding passes?
There's nothing to show, just tell them you have Access No.1. The machine will scan and open up based on your eligibility.
Old Nov 14, 2023, 8:59 am

Programs: UA Gold, CO Plat, CO Million Miler
Originally Posted by hirohito888
There's nothing to show, just tell them you have Access No.1. The machine will scan and open up based on your eligibility.
what about if family members without eligibility are traveling with you?
Old Nov 18, 2023, 1:54 pm

Is The “after security lounge” accessible to Priority Pass Holder?

https://www.prioritypass.com/lounges/france/paris-cdg/cdg6-star-alliance-lounge

*edit*

nope, after reading the omat article, the old longe is still there and for Priority Pass members
Old Nov 21, 2023, 5:30 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Just left CDG, aboard UA 55 Polaris to EWR.

I am very pleased to see that they have COMPLETELY reimagined the CDG Terminal 1 experience for United customers and other customers (likely Star Alliance) who use T1. It is now SO MUCH better to fly out of CDG for United customers, especially Polaris and elite customers with Acces No, 1 credentials.

Here is a quick summary:
  1. The VAT tax free refund is now downstairs, and there are 5 PABLO kiosk so it was a breeze (for me at 10AM) to scan my tax refund forms, It could get busier later in the day
  2. Polaris & 1K check-in was a breeze, again I was rather early since I wasn’t sure how bad the VAT refund line will be and I also wanted to do some duty free shopping. My 3 bags were quickly tagged and the whole thing took less than 10 minutes, probably the best that i have ever done at CDG. Nice smiling agents, no stress & no mess
  3. Then it’s on to Acces No.1: the first scan to get to the tube was quick. But the second one at passport control was long! But when compared to the regular line for the other passengers, OH BOY!!! The Acces No. 1 people were sent to the “automated” line in which you scan your passport yourself, then proceed to 2 gates with a small delay in openings. Then you still have to hand your passport to be stamped!!! At least I got my CDG exit stamp
  4. Then it’s on to security! No more security at the gate with the old mayhem, as now it’s normal security just like at most other airports. The French want all laptops out, belt removed, jackets removed, but you can keep your shoes and wallets. It’s so much better than before!
  5. Then you go upstairs for the Departures area, with ALL the fancy tax-free shopping that you want! I was worried that there would be no shopping and no food, but they REALLY did a great job reimagining the T1 experience! You can spend as much as you want, and Alain Ducasse has a small canteen there if you want to eat your last Parisian meal (there is also a sushi restaurant next to it) - I was happy to be able to pick up the Hermes scarf that I needed
  6. Then it’s on the new Star Alliance Lounge! WOW, so nice, so new, so spacious! The food is still average at best, and the wines are still on the low end, but the wines are actually quite good! If you are not in Biz Class, you could make a meal out of the food there but there is nothing special like at an AMEX Centurion Lounge

All in all, very happy with the newly redesigned T1 at CDG! It makes flying to Paris on United a much better experience than before!
iluv2fly, SPN Lifer, RJNYC and 2 others like this.
Old Dec 15, 2023, 11:15 am

Programs: UA Platinum; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Data point: I passed thru on Thursday morning. I had no issues going through the scan entry myself (as Star Alliance Gold) plus one guest however I was traveling with a third companion who has a United Club membership via the CC. Scanning her boarding pass declined her entry. She didn’t have a physical club card. The person at the front desk said he wasn’t familiar with United’s system and was adamant on denying her entry, while she was too polite to push back. I asked to see her app and found her virtual card. I showed it to the lounge attendant and pointed out the Star Alliance logo on the virtual card. He went ahead and input the account number into the computer and allowed her in. Not sure where the disconnect is, so make sure to travel with your physical card or be ready to show the virtual card as not all boarding passes have the appropriate information linked.
SPN Lifer, Xyzzy and nomad420 like this.

Last edited by ARR72; Dec 15, 2023 at 11:22 am Reason: Typo
Old Dec 19, 2023, 4:39 pm
Suspended

I don't mind the old lounge if the new one is not available to Priority pass members, since I have 4 hours to kill. According to Priority Pass website, for Schegen passengers, you just need to show your Priority Pass member card and your same day boarding pass to pass through the border control (subject to the discretion of the border police). My question is, how do you get back in through the border and to other terminals to board your Schegen flight(I will be flying AF from terminal 2 to Berlin), or is this simply not doable? I understand these terminals are not connected airside.

Last edited by AfterHour; Dec 20, 2023 at 3:36 am
Old Dec 19, 2023, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by AfterHour
My question is, how do you get back in through the border and to other terminals to board your Schegen flight(I will be flying AF from terminal 2 to Berlin), or is this simply not doable? I understand these terminals are not connected airside.
There are 2 ways: 1) Non-Schengen after security T1, left side there's a bus shuttle that goes to T2, then enter Schengen; 2) Exit Non-Schengen at T1 and take the CDGval to T2 and clear security there.
AfterHour likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2024, 8:47 pm

ICTS Sticker At The Gate/Lounge?

Has anyone had success getting the ICTS sticker at the gate (or perhaps even the lounge, like they used to do at LHR)? I’m getting to CDG on an Air France flight, and it would be more convenient to do the bus transfer airside rather than having to go out and take the CDG VAL to go by the UA check-in counter. Thanks.
Old Jan 15, 2024, 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by ToadHallRacing
Has anyone had success getting the ICTS sticker at the gate (or perhaps even the lounge, like they used to do at LHR)? I’m getting to CDG on an Air France flight, and it would be more convenient to do the bus transfer airside rather than having to go out and take the CDG VAL to go by the UA check-in counter. Thanks.
I did the security questions at gate with mobile BP while they were boarding Group 3. I didn't feel like pre-boarding because the lounge was more pleasant to sit at. I was connecting from LH to UA on separate itineraries.
SPN Lifer and uanj like this.
Old Jan 15, 2024, 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by hirohito888
I did the security questions at gate with mobile BP while they were boarding Group 3. I didn't feel like pre-boarding because the lounge was more pleasant to sit at. I was connecting from LH to UA on separate itineraries.
Thank you! Good to know this is doable.
Old Jan 16, 2024, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by ToadHallRacing
At other airports where airside transfer is available, the ICTS (or similar) questioning can certainly take place at/near the gate. I believe I've had this at both LHR and FRA. I can't see them sending you landside fr this.
Old Jan 16, 2024, 2:23 pm

TK to UA at CDG

Hello. I've not been to CDG 1 since Covid.
I think there have been renovations.

Has anyone connected between TK to UA?
I will have 2 hours.
Since I'm not passing through the Schengen zone, is there an non-Schengen to non-Schengen international transit?
Will there be an additional security check or will my TK flight arrive "clean"?
Lastly, will it be convenient for me to visit the Star Alliance Lounge based on my arrival/departure points?

I did see there is a non-Schengen lounge plus a Schengen one.
There are two Star Alliance lounges operating in Terminal 1 now. The first lounge, refurbished in 2019 and located prior to security on level 10, will now serve passengers departing on intra-Schengen flights from gates 50 to 78, as well as guests from various lounge access programs departing from all gates.

Star Alliance, the world’s largest airline alliance, today inaugurated its second lounge at Paris Charles de Gaulle airport. Starting October 13, it will welcome First and Business Class passengers and Star Alliance Gold status customers on member airline flights departing from gates 10 to 38 in Terminal 1

Thanks.
Old Jan 16, 2024, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by chuck1
Has anyone connected between TK to UA?
I will have 2 hours.
Since I'm not passing through the Schengen zone, is there an non-Schengen to non-Schengen international transit?
Will there be an additional security check or will my TK flight arrive "clean"?
Lastly, will it be convenient for me to visit the Star Alliance Lounge based on my arrival/departure points?

I did see there is a non-Schengen lounge plus a Schengen one.
Arriving from IST would probably not be considered a "clean" destination, you will likely have to clear security again.

You can transfer in the non-Schengen zone. Once you clear security, just go up and follow the signs to the *A lounge.
Old Jan 16, 2024, 5:07 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by ARR72
Data point: I passed thru on Thursday morning. I had no issues going through the scan entry myself (as Star Alliance Gold) plus one guest however I was traveling with a third companion who has a United Club membership via the CC. Scanning her boarding pass declined her entry. She didn’t have a physical club card. The person at the front desk said he wasn’t familiar with United’s system and was adamant on denying her entry, while she was too polite to push back. I asked to see her app and found her virtual card. I showed it to the lounge attendant and pointed out the Star Alliance logo on the virtual card. He went ahead and input the account number into the computer and allowed her in. Not sure where the disconnect is, so make sure to travel with your physical card or be ready to show the virtual card as not all boarding passes have the appropriate information linked.
Passing threw CDG in a couple of months and will be sure to have an updated virtual card. I always figured showing the CC would suffice, I guess not. Seems like the front desk staff could have input her account number from the CC and basically do the same thing to confirm her *A Gold status?!?!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.