Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated CDG connection time/logistics/lounge - UA back in Term 1, new *A lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 16, 2021, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Consolidated CDG connection time/logistics/lounge - UA back in Term 1, new *A lounge

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2022, 10:20 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
I wonder if connecting the satellite gates will means that *G UA flyers will now be able to use the LH lounges on the other side of security.
Old Nov 10, 2022, 10:32 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM
Technically they communicate, the only issue was that the security was at each sattelite.
From what I understood there will be only 1 security past checkin when they reopen, so the Star Alliance lounge will be post security and therfore you should be able to go to LH and back.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2022, 12:57 pm

Programs: UA Platinum; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by benewr
Technically they communicate, the only issue was that the security was at each sattelite.
From what I understood there will be only 1 security past checkin when they reopen, so the Star Alliance lounge will be post security and therfore you should be able to go to LH and back.
Lounge post security is an excellent improvement.
Old Nov 12, 2022, 4:07 am

Programs: LH SEN
But what about passport control?

UA departures from non-Schengen gates while the LH lounge would be Schengen.
Aussienarelle likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2022, 12:37 am

Looks like there is an official date on the calendar now. United will return to Terminal 1 on January 11 (several other airlines will begin the migration back to this terminal in December). Very much looking forward to it, although I’d grown accustomed to 2a and even the AC MLL.
EWR764 and bmwe92fan like this.
Old Nov 20, 2022, 6:34 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by ARR72
Looks like there is an official date on the calendar now. United will return to Terminal 1 on January 11 (several other airlines will begin the migration back to this terminal in December). Very much looking forward to it, although I’d grown accustomed to 2a and even the AC MLL.
I hear you -- but the dungeon of despair (aka the MLL) is not my favorite lol....
ll22949 and ARR72 like this.
Old Nov 20, 2022, 2:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
And it is supposed to be very nice
Of course it's supposed to be nice, but we'll have to see how it actually turns out.
Old Nov 20, 2022, 3:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.5 MM, AA PLAT PRO 1MM
Interesting. We have a four-hour connection at CDG (TG to UA) two days later.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by ms_go
Interesting. We have a four-hour connection at CDG (TG to UA) two days later.
Hopefully you will have your pick of available lounges
Old Dec 22, 2022, 11:51 am

So, spoke to UA agent this morning about the January 9th T1 reopening and…
- lounge will actually still be PRE Security.
It will be 1 security for everyone but after the lounge.
She said that if everything looks very nice it is actually a lot of walking and definitely not an improvement.
UGH !
ARR72 likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 1:10 pm

So, spoke to UA agent this morning about the January 9th T1 reopening and…
- lounge will actually still be PRE Security.
It will be 1 security for everyone but after the lounge.
She said that if everything looks very nice it is actually a lot of walking and definitely not an improvement.
UGH !
Thank you for the update! When you say one security for everyone, does this mean that theoretically we could now use the Lufthansa lounge as well?

How long do people generally allow themselves to go from the lounge, through security and to their UA gate?
Old Dec 22, 2022, 1:22 pm

Thank you for the update! When you say one security for everyone, does this mean that theoretically we could now use the Lufthansa lounge as well?

How long do people generally allow themselves to go from the lounge, through security and to their UA gate?
Depends of how passport control will be done, I forgot to ask but will do Monday and report back.

In the past, I would budget 20 mins from Star Alliance Lounge to UA gate.
ARR72 likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2022, 1:16 am

One more update :
The new star alliance lounge is not finished and once opened it will be past security and passeport control.
But for an other 6 months it will still be before.
I was told the terminal is beautiful “but for how long ?”

International will be separated from EU LH.

There should be 15 lanes for security but it seems it will be at the top of the little tunnel so if it is crowded it may become rocky…
Old Dec 27, 2022, 10:52 am

One more update :
The new star alliance lounge is not finished and once opened it will be past security and passeport control.
But for an other 6 months it will still be before.
I was told the terminal is beautiful “but for how long ?”

International will be separated from EU LH.

There should be 15 lanes for security but it seems it will be at the top of the little tunnel so if it is crowded it may become rocky…
I am appreciating all your updates. Thank you. My first planned trip is in March so it seems I’ll get to experience the pre-security set up at least once more.
Old Dec 27, 2022, 6:04 pm

Programs: United currently plat
Iʻm flying LH tomorrow, but looks like they are in Satellite 6, so I spose I wonʻt be able to check out the new conjoined satellites. Will report on the rest of the refurbishments to le camembert! Iʻm so looking forward to getting back there after a few dep/arr into 2A/2E..
ARR72 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.