Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated CDG connection time/logistics/lounge - UA back in Term 1, new *A lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 16, 2021, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Consolidated CDG connection time/logistics/lounge - UA back in Term 1, new *A lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2023, 10:31 am

Programs: UA Platinum; IHG Diamond Ambassador
United has returned to terminal 1 - does anyone have an update on the status of the closed star alliance lounge? I’m assuming that if the lounge remains closed, there are no other alternatives at the moment, thanks
Flying Machine and OhioBoiler like this.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 6:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.5 MM, AA PLAT PRO 1MM
Checking for any updates on this? We have a ~5 hour TG to UA connection on Friday morning (day after tomorrow). The Paris Aéroport site seems to indicate that UA flights are now leaving from T1. And from the Star Alliance Lounge Finder, it appears that our best (only?) lounge option (2 1Ks in business class) is a LH Senator lounge in T1, which is prior to clearing security. Correct? It also shows a AC Maple Leaf Lounge, but in T2A. TG arrivals are in 2E. It's been a few years since we were at CDG, and the last time I connected there was probably 20 years ago on Air France. Thanks!
Old Jan 12, 2023, 12:58 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by ms_go
a LH Senator lounge in T1, which is prior to clearing security. Correct?
Unless they've moved within the past couple years, the LH lounges at CDG are post-security.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 9:31 am

Programs: united, Hilton, Amtrak
What lounge does Polares class use in Paris?

I am booked on UA 986 from cdg to ORD in Polaris. What lounge would I use?

Thank you.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 9:34 am

Programs: UA
When are you flying? The Star Alliance situation at CDG is currently in flux as *A is moving back into T1, but not everyone is moving at the same time. In T2A, there is the Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge, and in T1, there are the Lufthansa business lounge and the Star Alliance Lounge, which may still be closed?
Old Jan 12, 2023, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by angetenar
When are you flying? The Star Alliance situation at CDG is currently in flux as *A is moving back into T1, but not everyone is moving at the same time. In T2A, there is the Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge, and in T1, there are the Lufthansa business lounge and the Star Alliance Lounge, which may still be closed?
LH lounge open. Not sure about Star Alliance lounge.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
This website lists when airlines are moving back to Terminal 1: https://easycdg.com/terminal-1-paris...arlesdegaulle/

United moved back there on January 9.

Note that there is no Polaris lounge in CDG so you are stuck with any *A lounge you can find. Sounds like it's LH Business for the OP unless they have *G status. The *A lounge is still listed as closed on the *A website. I'll report back when I walk through on my return to see if it's possibly open now. Otherwise I'll expected to use the LH Senator lounge myself.

Thanks,
-RM
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 10:16 am

Programs: united, Hilton, Amtrak
July 2023

It's this summer. I'm not expecting a lot. Just hoping for a bit nicer place to wsit for the flight.

Thank you for the heads up.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 10:19 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Steve Weagant
It's this summer. I'm not expecting a lot. Just hoping for a bit nicer place to wsit for the flight.

Thank you for the heads up.
You set your expectation well🤙🤙
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 11:39 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by Kmxu
You set your expectation well🤙🤙
However pre-pandemic I always enjoyed my time at the star alliance lounge CDG. These were early morning visits, nice champagne, good breakfast spread and I would purposely get there a few hours early to partake.
ARR72 likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 3:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
LH lounge open.
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
Sounds like it's LH Business for the OP unless they have *G status.
Would that require clearing security twice though? I thought UA used gates in a different section of T1 than LH and their lounges.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by econ
Would that require clearing security twice though? I thought UA used gates in a different section of T1 than LH and their lounges.
Probably. I don't fly CDG often at all as I try to avoid it. Will update after I go through.
-RM
Old Jan 12, 2023, 5:32 pm

Programs: UA Platinum; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Prior to the T1 renovation, a friend and I were both flying back home from CDG; however she was flying Lufthansa with a connection, probably MUC.

I had intentions of guesting her into the Star Alliance lounge but she was not allowed to pass through to the United “Hall”, non-Schengen I suppose. Would United travelers trying to access the LH halls have the same issue?

I wish Star Alliance would get its act together. The terminal itself has reopened. It would’ve been nice if they’d gotten the lounge ready in time as well.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 11:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.5 MM, AA PLAT PRO 1MM
Originally Posted by econ
Unless they've moved within the past couple years, the LH lounges at CDG are post-security.
Thank you. I read the posts above too fast and thought the reference to "before security" was re: LH lounges, but I see it is about the Star Alliance lounge (when it reopens).

I'm not sure I can give any better insight. We arrived at Terminal 2E on TG, went through security there, and then were bused airside to T1. Apparently, to get to the LH lounges, we have to go through passport control, and then back again afterwards (and maybe security?). We're currently deciding if that's worth it - leaning towards not since neither of us is hungry. There is plenty of room to spread out at the moment and seating is probably as comfortable in the terminal as it is in the lounge. The United flights appear to be leaving from around gates 15 to 18.

Gate 15-16 area, beginning of boarding for Newark

Last edited by ms_go; Jan 13, 2023 at 12:44 am Reason: added photo
Old Jan 13, 2023, 11:35 am

UA to TG

With UA now in T1 and TG out of 2E, is Maple Leaf Lounge still best bet for *G flying J on TG?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.