Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Consolidating at MCI Terminal C by end of October 2013.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Consolidating at MCI Terminal C by end of October 2013.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2013, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
MCI is consolidating again. Moving to terminal C at the end of the month... US will follow, and terminal A will close.

KCI Airport Terminal C Road Work Kicks into High Gear
Highway Work Closes Ramp East of KCI

In July contractors began work on the Terminal C loop road at Kansas City International Airport. This week contractors are closing traffic lanes section by section to mill and overlay the roadway. At times there may not be direct curb access to an area, but curb space nearby will be available for customers. Signs and barricades will be in place to aid in vehicle and pedestrian safety.

Also beginning today is Missouri Department of Transportation bridge expansion joint replacement east of KCI. Closed for the work is the I-435 Northbound ramp to Westbound Route D/Cookingham Drive into the airport. Route D/KCI detour signs direct drivers to Mexico City Avenue.

The Terminal C work will pave the way for the Kansas City Aviation Department’s target of closing Terminal A by year end to accommodate impending airline mergers and to save money on operation and maintenance of the building. The work will be finished in advance of US Airways and United Airlines moving into Terminal C so the roadway will be prepared for the increased traffic.

The work needs to occur to improve and stabilize the roadway. The project involves milling, some full-depth repairs, paving striping, and curb repairs. This work will require the closure of some traffic lanes and access to some areas of the terminal curb and commercial medians. The overall project should take 105 days to complete, weather permitting.

At times traffic may be congested. KCI Airport users are urged to allow extra time and patience when using the airport during this time. Signs, KCI Airport Police and other personnel will be on hand to aid and direct customers.

The Kansas City Airport System is an Enterprise Fund Department of the City of Kansas City, Mo., and is supported wholly by airport user charges. No general tax fund revenues are used for the administration, promotion, operation, or maintenance of the airports in the system. Visit www.flykci.com and www.flymkc.com for more information. Find us on Twitter and Facebook.

Last edited by FriendlySkies; Oct 15, 2013 at 12:14 pm
Old Oct 30, 2013, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
And so it begins.. No word on when US will move..

KANSAS CITY, Mo., October 30, 2013 - Effective at 7:00 p.m. October 30, all United Airlines and Air Canada arrivals will be out of Terminal C. The first flight in Terminal C is the arrival of United 4163 from Houston scheduled in at 7:37 p.m. October 30. The move is in advance of United’s move to Terminal C in order to stage aircraft in Terminal C for early morning departures on October 31.

NOTE: There are a few United departures from Terminal A after 7:00 p.m. October 30, but all arrivals and departures starting October 31 will be from Terminal C. Airport users are urged to check flykci.com for terminal and gate information.

Travelers leaving KCI before October 31 on United should be aware that they will return in Terminal C. If parking in Garage or Circle they may use the Red Bus to get to their vehicles. Economy Parking Lot users may use the transfer station in the Economy Lot.
F9 is also moving into the AA gates
Old Oct 30, 2013, 10:21 pm

Posted tonight: http://www.flykci.com/Link.asp?Url=h...Room%2F374.htm
KANSAS CITY, Mo., October 30, 2013 - The planned United/Air Canada move to Terminal C has been temporarily postponed due to airline technical issues. The two airlines will remain in Terminal A until further notice.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 11:43 pm

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
And now rescheduled for Monday 11-4-2013:

http://www.flykci.com/Link.asp?Url=h...om%2F374%2Ehtm

http://m.kmbc.com/news/united-airlin...z/-/index.html
Old Nov 1, 2013, 11:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've been flying UA out of A since 2008. Feels a bit sad to be leaving that terminal and moving to C. With the increase in airlines at C, it's definitely going to get busy over there.

My last flight out of A will be to DEN Sunday night. Will be strange arriving at C when I come back mid-week.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 1:28 pm

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
I've been flying UA out of A since 2008. Feels a bit sad to be leaving that terminal and moving to C. With the increase in airlines at C, it's definitely going to get busy over there.

My last flight out of A will be to DEN Sunday night. Will be strange arriving at C when I come back mid-week.
C has the weird (different than A & B) parking garage and it seems a bit smaller than the other two as well. With the B terminal already stuffed-to-overflowing between DL & WN, the B garage and E2/E3 circle lots are full more often than not.

The hike from E1 or E4 to B isn't terrible provided the weather is good, although I assume E4 will now be full most of the time as well. I haven't seen anything official from the city re: whether or not they will keep the A garage and/or E1 circle lot open once they board-up the terminal. The C long-term lot is at least as large as the B lot, so hopefully that will take some of the load.

Looks like KC's buffoon of a mayor will get his wish for a new central terminal, needed or not.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Flew into the new gate area today. Overall, it's an improvement from the old-new area in A.

New gates are 61-69. No NoS at the sole checkpoint ^ PreCheck supposedly going to be setup in the next week or two.

Full sized snack area in the first portion of the gates, and then this bar area in the second part.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.