FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   UA Consolidating at MCI Terminal C by end of October 2013. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1413591-ua-consolidating-mci-terminal-c-end-october-2013-a.html)

emcee Dec 3, 2012 3:35 pm

UA Consolidating at MCI Terminal C by end of October 2013.

Finally, no more Red Bus from terminal to terminal. Well, except for tomorrow :rolleyes:

http://www.flykci.com/NewsRoom/NewsRoom/353.htm

United Airlines Consolidating into KCI Airport Terminal A

Effective December 5, all United flights will operate in Terminal A in a newly remodeled space once leased by Midwest Airlines. United will operate from gates 23-30 toward the far end of the terminal. The space and its in-line baggage screening system have enough capacity to accommodate the carrier which grew as a result of the merger.

In 2010, United Airlines and Continental Airlines merged and, in early 2012, the Continental brand was entirely dissolved. At Kansas City International Airport, the newly consolidated airline has been operating flights out of two terminals, all under the United name. This dual-terminal operation has been a bit of a challenge for travelers because the destination would dictate the terminal used and travelers may have departed from and arrived in terminal A or C.

United Airlines and the Kansas City Aviation Department appreciate the public’s patience during this transition.

The Kansas City Airport System is an Enterprise Fund Department of the City of Kansas City, Mo., and is supported wholly by airport user charges. No general tax fund revenues are used for the administration, promotion, operation, or maintenance of the airports in the system. Visit flykci.com for more information. Find us on Twitter and Facebook.

kale73 Dec 3, 2012 3:38 pm

Hooray!

COmciUA Dec 3, 2012 4:17 pm

UA Consolidating at MCI Terminal A Dec 5th

Bout time!

FriendlySkies Dec 3, 2012 4:36 pm

Good for VDB, though :td: for consolidation of staff.

Hopefully the CO staff will learn from the UA staff that it is okay to print BPs for passengers from their terminal, as opposed to forcing them to use the kiosk and walking away.

pigx5 Dec 3, 2012 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies (Post 19790125)
Good for VDB, though :td: for consolidation of staff.

Hopefully the CO staff will learn from the UA staff that it is okay to print BPs for passengers from their terminal, as opposed to forcing them to use the kiosk and walking away.

Finally...^

Oh...I think you forget it's an airline that there is nothing we can do..:td:

emcee Dec 3, 2012 7:19 pm

Lounge

There was also a lot of talk by the staff at MCI about the possibility of an unattended 'lounge' once they consolidated. I believe this was originally driven by the former manager, but is not solidified. I can't imagine that it would happen, but with AA having closed theirs recently and Delta long before that, there is no form of any lounge at MCI. Maybe I am dreaming, but would be pretty great to have. MC

FriendlySkies Dec 3, 2012 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by emcee (Post 19790957)
There was also a lot of talk by the staff at MCI about the possibility of an unattended 'lounge' once they consolidated. I believe this was originally driven by the former manager, but is not solidified. I can't imagine that it would happen, but with AA having closed theirs recently and Delta long before that, there is no form of any lounge at MCI. Maybe I am dreaming, but would be pretty great to have. MC

You're not dreaming about that. Brian (the old station manager, now at PDX) mentioned the fact that they wanted a lounge on several occasions, though it seemed unlikely with such a small gate area. Of course, that will change with the old AirTran space.

Is anybody scheduled to fly out of MCI on Wednesday? I would be interested to hear about the new setup, as well as the new security situation.. Our little gate area has luckily been NoS free, and hopefully it will stay that way. (I may also drive out there to check it out. Will be sad to see the area I've been using for the last five years disappear)

emcee Dec 3, 2012 10:27 pm

I fly out of A term tomorrow afternoon and back on Friday. I will see what is happening there and report back. Hopefully others will as well. MC

Jetlink Dec 3, 2012 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies (Post 19790125)

Walking away! That's like the story in Paris. "do you speak English?" The man walks away after saying "yes"!

GoAmtrak Dec 4, 2012 11:13 am

Did YX ever have a lounge in that gate area, or is there former retail space that would be suitable, or would the UC have to be designed from scratch?

BuckleandBoots Dec 4, 2012 11:27 am

UA Consolidating at MCI Terminal A Dec 5th

I'd be willing to skip the UC for a decent BBQ chain in the terminal. Say Bryant's or OK Joes. Preferably airside so sauce can be carried on.

rove312 Dec 4, 2012 12:10 pm

Even if this isn't directly on the topic, I thought I'd mention it for MCI-based people. For people planning to park past the new year: where the online coupon for a free day of parking formerly expired Dec. 31, now it's good until Jan. 6: http://www.flykci.com/Link.asp?Url=h...ge%2FIndex.htm

greg99 Dec 4, 2012 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by BuckleandBoots (Post 19794795)
I'd be willing to skip the UC for a decent BBQ chain in the terminal. Say Bryant's or OK Joes. Preferably airside so sauce can be carried on.

I'd be happy if they had any services still open other than the kiosk in the gate area when the evening flights are still going. Ridiculous that everything closes at 7.

I have to say that MCI has the poorest customer amenities of any of the 30-40 major US airports I've traveled through.

Greg

FriendlySkies Dec 4, 2012 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by greg99 (Post 19797599)
I'd be happy if they had any services still open other than the kiosk in the gate area when the evening flights are still going. Ridiculous that everything closes at 7.

I have to say that MCI has the poorest customer amenities of any of the 30-40 major US airports I've traveled through.

Greg

I'll gladly keep an easy to use airport over food and drinks that are overpriced.

greg99 Dec 4, 2012 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies (Post 19797736)
I'll gladly keep an easy to use airport over food and drinks that are overpriced.

I'm sure it's easy to use if you're based there, but going in and out of there a handful of times a year, it's suboptimal if you're trying to grab something quick to eat for dinner before your flight.

Also, if your flight is cancelled and you're waiting a couple of hours for the next one, the lack of services makes it not so easy to use. I mean, even the Starbucks kicks you out at 7.

I like my home base of SFO, but then I have Clear, so my security experience at SFO is not dissimilar to yours at MCI, so it's easy to use for me.

Greg