Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

So how are the Holidays for domestic upgrades?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

So how are the Holidays for domestic upgrades?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2012, 8:29 am
Suspended

Programs: UA1K, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by arma5
...I guess the real lesson is that I should have flown on the busiest day of the year, rather than the day after.
Hope someone else comes along to provide more clarity on the RPU issue. It also seems odd to me that there would be 20 1Ks higher than an H fare on the WL (though totally possible on that route).

I would note though, that Monday is a mix of holiday travelers and business travelers and that's a very heavy consultant/business route which would go a lot further to explaining the long WL. I flew LAX>ORD>LAX for the holiday leaving on the 21st and coming back the 25h. On both 757's the WL was less than 20 people long on the day of. That's about half the "norm" for that route. Cleared on both.

Last edited by MrMarket; Nov 29, 2012 at 8:29 am Reason: further = degree | farther = distance. whoops!
Old Nov 29, 2012, 9:05 am

Programs: SQ KF (ex-UA)
Originally Posted by arma5
Were there really twenty-something 1k's using RPUs on the waiting list?
Probably a lot of federal bureaucrats on YCA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.