Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a United 737-700

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 2, 2017, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a United 737-700

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2012, 9:10 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus cattle, DL SkyPesos peon, HHonors Blue
Originally Posted by aacharya
Like I said, I'm okay with it. But it seems that we're getting the same pmUA folks with "a change we'll like", and "COdbaUA" again, when basically, we're changing to what UA used to do, instead of what CO did. Isn't that what they wanted?
Yeah you would think they'd be happy with that!
Old Nov 16, 2012, 9:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by LHCVG
I am obviously no expert, but from my PMUA legacy, I can say that 8F doesn't bother me too much as I write that off to a much greater opportunity for "better than E-". For instance, take DL's "most F in the industry" ads - that's nice, but it works out in the end to more F seats, a handful of EC, and that's it. On a 319, our chance of getting extra legroom (let's face it, that is the big difference, even if a wider seat is nice) is much greater than the competition. Given the frequent talk about lack of paid F pax, UA probably figured out that they tend (not always, but tend) to see at least 4 seats out of every 12 on those getting comped as ug's anyway, so why not make more room for paid E+?
I think some people who post here are under the mistaken delusion that United Airlines is a charity in operation for the sole purpose of providing as many upgrades as possible.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by halls120
I think some people who post here are under the mistaken delusion that United Airlines is a charity in operation for the sole purpose of providing as many upgrades as possible.
Touche - very well said! ^
Old Nov 16, 2012, 12:23 pm

Programs: UA1K
Originally Posted by halls120
clearly. more people pay for Y than F...so if UA needs to take out a row of F to put in Y, that is fine by me. if you really want to sit in F, fork over the $. otherwise, be happy with what you have.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
more like an ex-CO die hard loyalist who is struggling to find a second home and thinks UA ruined "his" airline by adding E+ to "his" precious CO planes
Old Nov 16, 2012, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by rankourabu
more like an ex-CO die hard loyalist who is struggling to find a second home and thinks UA ruined "his" airline by adding E+ to "his" precious CO planes
Yeah, and CO "stole" "my" GF from the future COdbaUA. So it's a wash!
Old Nov 16, 2012, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by LHCVG
Yeah, and CO "stole" "my" GF from the future COdbaUA. So it's a wash!

if CO stole your girlfriend, I'd say you need to do something about it!
Old Nov 16, 2012, 1:11 pm

if CO stole your girlfriend, I'd say you need to do something about it!
As the cop in Porky's said, if that happened, I'd get drunk for joy!

Old Nov 16, 2012, 1:13 pm

Programs: UA MP/UC - "RIP Tulip Plat"
You reap what you sow, that's all I'm gonna say.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
more like an ex-CO die-hard loyalist who thinks UA ruined "his" airline by adding E+ to "his" precious CO planes
I know of no such person. Name him/her by handle if that's the case.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by aacharya
I know of no such person. Name him/her by handle if that's the case.
I don't necessarily know anyone by name either.....BUT, sarcasm aside, the point stands that there are many exCO loyalists on here who promulgate all sorts of claims about how UA has just diluted and ruined their cherished brand. There are a number of the opposite side as well, but in fairness there is obviously some give and take on both sides and the rest of us can laugh at the hard-liners on each side.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 1:25 pm

Programs: DL DM, IHG Spire, Mariott Platinum (UA SI) Avis First, National Executive
Originally Posted by AAerSTL
EconomyPlus is PM-UA garbage and it does reduce F seats. I'd take a CO 738 with 16F anyday over UA 320 with 12F and E+; 73G with 12F is better than 319 with 8F. DL reduced the A319 to 12F (from 16) and the A320 is in the process of having the same done thanks to Economy Comfort.
I suspect that you are saying this because of the increased probability of upgrades, which for us who were Continental Elites pre-merger seem drastically less after the merger (because the old United crowd was 3-4 times larger than we were) ...

Well, here is the thing: It is not what plane you fly, it is where you are flying it from. If you are connecting through IAD or ORD where there is a lot of pmUA crowd, there will be lots of upgrade competition (and long wait lists) even if you fly a pmCO 738. On the other hand, if you fly an A320 from EWR, the competition will be less. Seriously.

As a former Continental elite, I do prefer economy plus to nothing, and, frankly, the economy seats in an airbus are wider than in pmCO 73x planes and some of the E+ seats have more legroom than first class seats these days. Add to the fact that most of the first class "snack" meals are worse than the $7 tapas box, you might actually have a better flying experience in E+ that at first class in flights less than 3 hrs...

just my 2c
Old Nov 16, 2012, 2:24 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AA-PP, AS, DL, HH G, SPG Gold, TA nada
Originally Posted by AAerSTL
Was looking at flights for a possible trip this spring and was disappointed when I accessed one the seat maps. It looks like UA is reducing the seat count in F from 12 to 8 on these planes. I looked to see if it could be a 735 or 319 which do have 8 F seats but no, the 319 only has 31 rows in Y (this plane has 32) so it also couldn't be a 735.

I know due to the addition of this non-sense EconomyPlus scheme the configuration was changed form 12/112 to 12/106, removing an entire row of Y seats to facilitate the additional legroom. Thanks to this nonsense we ARE seeing a reduction in F seats despite the remarks from UAInsider in Summer 2011:
Non-sense? Really? Don't get me started on what non-sense CO has done to UA.

Re: seatmaps. I reported this a few months ago http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19347377-post1636.html.

I am sure no non-sense Smisek figured he can get more kettles while bending over elites as usual
Old Nov 16, 2012, 2:34 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

I highly doubt they are going to reduce the capacity on the 73Gs to 8F, so relax.

The 73Gs fly certain missions where the F cabin is very profitable [i.e. SNA, UIO, BOG, etc] and they can rotate the A319s on the routes that the 73Gs fly if they need the same Y capacity, but F sales is weak.

Last edited by golfingboy; Nov 16, 2012 at 2:40 pm
Old Nov 16, 2012, 2:45 pm

Relax people they are not changing the F cabin on the 73Gs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.