Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a United 737-700

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 2, 2017, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a United 737-700

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2022, 3:08 pm

Programs: UA *G MM
I managed to get the last 4 seats after a flight change on a version 1 12/114 where the seatmap shows no seats available. The friendly old school agent told me that 24BC and 25BC are blocked for disabled but could put us there. Do these rows have any better legroom or are they just regular E-. Uggh it is a 4 hour flight. Could I ask for 7DE?
Old Mar 2, 2023, 8:13 pm

Do all 737-700s have PTVs in coach or are there some without tv?
Old Mar 2, 2023, 10:08 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by lunchtime
Pretty sure all those in operation in the US have PTVs. Never been on one without them.
Old Mar 2, 2023, 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by lunchtime
There are a number without PTVs. UA acquired a few net new frames in recent years, and also brought some back to the mainland from Guam, without installing screens. This site is a helpful reference.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2023, 2:41 pm

How much more restricted is the legroom on 1B? Was considering moving to row 2 or 3 but concerned a reclining passenger may be worse than the extra legroom.

Also between Row 7 and Row 21, does the aisle in row 7 have a similar amount of legroom?
Old Mar 12, 2024, 8:12 pm

Programs: Chase, United
What's the best E+ aisle seat on the 737-700? 21c or 21d? Or do these really have no extra leg room, compared to other E+?

And, how is the legroom on the E+ seats on this plane?
Old Mar 13, 2024, 7:48 am

Programs: UA 1K - 1 MM, Marriott LT-Plt, Hyatt Glb
Originally Posted by a.tall.guy
How much more restricted is the legroom on 1B? Was considering moving to row 2 or 3 but concerned a reclining passenger may be worse than the extra legroom.

Also between Row 7 and Row 21, does the aisle in row 7 have a similar amount of legroom?
I'm 6'7" tall and my legs and size 14 hoofs don't like row 1, I can't get my feet far enough in front of me to get my thighs flat. I would move back. If I'm reading this thread right there aren't any exCO first cabins left in the -700 fleet. That's the only time that reclining gets seriously in the way for me.

7 and 21 are a toss up for me, and I would take either over any other E+ row, they are the only two I can actually open a laptop in and work if the middle seat is occupied. On the other E+ seats I have to turn a bit sideways to get my seat-elbow-fingers-keyboard-screen-seat distance right.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 9:13 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by The Man in Seat 9A
I'm 6'7" tall and my legs and size 14 hoofs don't like row 1, I can't get my feet far enough in front of me to get my thighs flat. I would move back. If I'm reading this thread right there aren't any exCO first cabins left in the -700 fleet. That's the only time that reclining gets seriously in the way for me.
7 and 21 are a toss up for me, and I would take either over any other E+ row, they are the only two I can actually open a laptop in and work if the middle seat is occupied. On the other E+ seats I have to turn a bit sideways to get my seat-elbow-fingers-keyboard-screen-seat distance right.
Was just on a -700 in 1D and legs barely fit as a 6’ 1” person. Actually my bigger issue is those heavy trays. Trying to get them back in the armrest is a challenge if you don’t know the secret, which is to pull the tray completely in toward you while it’s still open, then fold it over and move it into the armrest. Otherwise, it sticks partially out. And be careful if you have a glass on the small tray between the two seats - folding the tray will hit anything in that space.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.