Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UCH and Pilots reach Tentative Agreement

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2012, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by halls120
Are the seniority list negotiations the last step before complete integration of the pilot work groups?
The SLI will most likely be settled by an arbitration procedure. That list when completed will be submitted to the company. That will conclude the "union" business as it relates to the integration. I expect this process to last 6-9 months.

There will still be lingering issues. Technology issues, training issues, flight planning issues...you get the idea. Those are issues that UCH must solve. Some of those difficult tasks are being addressed. Even after this has taken place, at that point only the pilots will have been essentially integrated, save the rest of the labor groups, including the FA's.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 12:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by EWR756
The SLI will most likely be settled by an arbitration procedure. That list when completed will be submitted to the company. That will conclude the "union" business as it relates to the integration. I expect this process to last 6-9 months.

There will still be lingering issues. Technology issues, training issues, flight planning issues...you get the idea. Those are issues that UCH must solve. Some of those difficult tasks are being addressed. Even after this has taken place, at that point only the pilots will have been essentially integrated, save the rest of the labor groups, including the FA's.
So sometime during 2013 the sUA and sCO distinction will go away, and there will be flight crew integration?
Old Dec 15, 2012, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
I don't think this is a very good agreement but the majority has spoken and I'm moving on. Large "RJ's" are coming. We'll know more about the companies plans in the coming months. The Seniority list negotiations are the real elephant in the room and those talks shift in to high gear now. Stay tuned! It might get a bit bumpy. Time will tell.
Is the SLI process just union-to-union with the company waiting to hear the result?
Old Dec 15, 2012, 1:07 pm

Location: What I write is my opinion alone..don't read into it anything not written.
Originally Posted by halls120
So sometime during 2013 the sUA and sCO distinction will go away, and there will be flight crew integration?
Remember, the ALPA TA was reached 6 months ago. There are still other larger membership (IAM:ramp/cs/res) unions that have not even got to that stage yet.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 1:14 pm

I expect that some time in 2013, the combined list will be complete. The SLI process is indeed between the two pilot groups. The ALPA defines the process which generally results in a third party determining who goes where. The company waits for that process to unfold.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 1:19 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by fastair
Remember, the ALPA TA was reached 6 months ago. There are still other larger membership (IAM:ramp/cs/res) unions that have not even got to that stage yet.
but would any of those open issues prevent flight crew integration (one the FA issue is resolved)?
Old Dec 15, 2012, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by goingbananas
Just curious....What is the track and your option for 787 flying?
So far, nothing's changed. The 787 is a sCAL airplane. The UAL side doesn't have them. Until there is an integrated seniority list with no cross-bidding restrictions,(aka Fences), or until the sUAL side gets some of their own, no sUAL pilots will fly them. Keep in mind that the Operational Merger has yet to happen. Only after the pilots have an Integrated Seniority List can that actually happen, and until then, it's still a USAir/AW type operation. No cross-bidding or cross-flying.

I'll probably never get the chance anyway because there will most likely never be a 787 pilot base in Denver, where I live. Is I said on an earlier post, I'll probably wait until the demise of the sUAL 757-200, take a surplus bump back to the A-320 and spend the rest of my time in relative seniority there.

FAB
Old Dec 15, 2012, 10:50 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HA Premier, Hertz #1 Gold PC, SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by freshairborne
I'll probably never get the chance anyway because there will most likely never be a 787 pilot base in Denver, where I live.
FAB
Will the new DEN-NRT 787 flight not be utilizing DEN based flights crews (UA or CO)?
Old Dec 15, 2012, 11:03 pm

Programs: UA-GS, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by gradsflyer
Will the new DEN-NRT 787 flight not be utilizing DEN based flights crews (UA or CO)?
I thought NH was going to start this route ??
Old Dec 16, 2012, 12:46 am

Programs: UA Gold, HA Premier, Hertz #1 Gold PC, SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by Rpcfly
No it's definitely UA, begins in March/April.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by mike1968
I suppose congrats that at a starting point has been achieved. Per the comment above, it's really too bad on the scope for crew opportunities and pax loyalty as it's just a self-fulfilling downward cycle. Move mainline to express; drive mainline pax over to MDW to fly Southwest. Fly Southwest more on <500 miles CHI flights, start considering them for the 500-1000 mile range flights since the experience isn't all that bad. Even ORD-LGA is now hard to find an actual UA flight and it's just easier to search the AA schedule.
Actually our negotiators are saying our Scope is industry leading. If it pans out as they say, UAX will go from flying over 60% of our flying to around 33% by the end of the contract. That will be good for the passengers and pilots. We shall see.

AD
Old Dec 16, 2012, 1:29 pm

What are the key issues that need to be negotiated in regards to the seniority list?
Old Dec 16, 2012, 1:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

IAH-based sCO crews.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 1:39 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by aluminumdriver
Actually our negotiators are saying our Scope is industry leading. If it pans out as they say, UAX will go from flying over 60% of our flying to around 33% by the end of the contract. That will be good for the passengers and pilots. We shall see.

AD
AD, how can that be? I sure hope its true, but what I expect UA to do is eliminate flights. ORD-DSM used to be mostly Mainline in the past now mostly erj145's, they will probably cut a flight and stick a bigger regional on that flight.

I see less flights total but more regional big jets. I hope I'm wrong.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 1:45 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by Rpcfly:19865211
DEN-NRT is a UA 787 route, however that international flight commences after a short hop IAH-DEN. So, IAH-based crew.

And, side note, you will be able to continue flying the 787 domestically if your travels take you IAH-DEN or vv.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.