Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "I've Flown on UA's 787" Thread (Reports, Experiences, Etc.)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "I've Flown on UA's 787" Thread (Reports, Experiences, Etc.)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2012, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by tuolumne
Your post reads like a chest pumping contest, as if it's some badge of honor of what fabric is on the seats..I know this may be hard for you to accept as the self-annointed "company insider" (reading your Flying Together Intranet and copying and pasting FA bullitens), but from what I've been told, you're wrong and completely off base. The 787s and 737s are all using interior components ordered before the merger, so there goes that argument. The 2-class 763s were reconfigured using components already ordered for CO's 767s, some of which are to now remain in high density configuration. The p.s. are being reconfigured in a carbon copy of the other intl. 752s since there was already hot ink on the books from that contract (and the additional aforementioned 763s)

However, when the company went to order seat covers for the sole purpose of reupholstering a fleet of aging 757s, they bought the IPTE-style colors? Btw this is what I've been told from longtime friends at SfoMx.

The anger in your posts when somebody says something that you don't like baffles me. I would have thought you'd have given more thought to the reality that you're informally representing your company and fellow legacy CO FAs before openly insulting some of your company's highest tiered customers on an online message board. Definitely a first for my 8yr experience on FT
Well what I was told aside from the 752s that are just getting a cabin refresh is that all newly ordered aircraft delivered to the airline regardless of who ordered it will come standard with the CO style interiors. I know you hate everything about CO and I know you want those precious UA seat covers, however fact of the matter is it will be the CO style interior going forward.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
Well what I was told aside from the 752s that are just getting a cabin refresh is that all newly ordered aircraft delivered to the airline regardless of who ordered it will come standard with the CO style interiors. I know you hate everything about CO and I know you want those precious UA seat covers, however fact of the matter is it will be the CO style interior going forward.
Who were you told by? And what does "CO-style" encompass specifically? The J class beds? The nightmare seats? And who in the company would know the specific interior configuration of an A350 which is years and years away? I don't buy anything yorr selling as "100%", sorry

After the criticism UA got during their 787 media unveiling (for being dated and tired) requiring a public explination, they must know marginal ( the CO brand ethos) is not going to work well at the worlds largest carrier.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by tuolumne
Who were you told by? And what does "CO-style" encompass specifically? The J class beds? The nightmare seats? And who in the company would know the specific interior configuration of an A350 which is years and years away? I don't buy anything yorr selling as "100%", sorry

After the criticism UA got during their 787 media unveiling (for being dated and tired) requiring a public explination, they must know marginal ( the CO brand ethos) is not going to work well at the worlds largest carrier.
I'm not talking about the configurations I'm talking about the seat fabric itself when I say CO style interiors and plenty employees were told this would be the standard going forward.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 2:04 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Another option would be to fly the NH 787 to SJC, and then take UX to LAX.
Or NH to SEA (depending on when the travel is)
Old Dec 22, 2012, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Another option would be to fly the NH 787 to SJC, and then take UX to LAX.
Originally Posted by jasonvr
Or NH to SEA (depending on when the travel is)
Actually headed to SAN, and already ticketed, but thanks for the suggestions, if I need to make a similar trip again, I'll watch for these options! I didn't come across them this time.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 5:27 pm

Thumbs up United 787 Disco Lights :-)

Hello Everyone!

Had the pleasure of flying on ship 3905 and 3902 before and after Christmas

IAH-EWR then EWR-IAH-SFO in BusinessFirst (Upgrades cleared all the way!)^

Anyways, wanted to share the "Disco Light" light testing that our gracious "Service Manager" agreed to do for a 2nd time so I can get it on video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwlKS-p8nwg
Old Dec 29, 2012, 5:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by SFnFlaGuy
Hello Everyone!

Had the pleasure of flying on ship 3905 and 3902 before and after Christmas

IAH-EWR then EWR-IAH-SFO in BusinessFirst (Upgrades cleared all the way!)^

Anyways, wanted to share the "Disco Light" light testing that our gracious "Service Manager" agreed to do for a 2nd time so I can get it on video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwlKS-p8nwg
Before doing that did they warn people? I feel like I would have thought something was wrong otherwise.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 5:32 pm

Programs: united, Hilton, Amtrak
Kind of cool. What purpose does this serve?
Old Dec 29, 2012, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Now that's game-changing.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by PHLyer82
Before doing that did they warn people? I feel like I would have thought something was wrong otherwise.
Not really...they didn't warn us the first time they did it either....everyone was just amused by the lights....

They actually did a great job on this leg of doing the full spectrum of lights throughout the flight.....

And no, I'm not sure of the purpose of the lights...possibly to test that all lights are functional?
Old Dec 29, 2012, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Now that's what I call SPECTACULAR
Old Dec 29, 2012, 6:41 pm

Programs: UA PM (by 2MM), DL GM (by 3.5MM), Marriott Lifetime Plat
Once a long time ago in a galaxy far far away, I had the pleasure of sitting in coach, from HNL to SYD (Continental) and the lights on my side of the cabin were stuck in this test mode the whole way.

A few minutes is funny. It looses its humor after that...

Billy
Old Jan 5, 2013, 5:51 pm

I'm looking forward to reviews of UA's Dreamliner LAX-NRT long haul. I hope someone from Y chimes in with their comments. I'm trying to decide whether to change my April UA 787 econ+ over to SQ A380. Very concerned about those crummy narrow Y seats on a long haul. The cabin pressure and humidity thing don't mean as much to me as some tiny semblance of personal space in my seat. After my LAX-IAH experience, I'm not anxious for a long haul. But open minded and willing to change my mind if others say it's tolerable.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by colortv
I'm looking forward to reviews of UA's Dreamliner LAX-NRT long haul. I hope someone from Y chimes in with their comments. I'm trying to decide whether to change my April UA 787 econ+ over to SQ A380. Very concerned about those crummy narrow Y seats on a long haul. The cabin pressure and humidity thing don't mean as much to me as some tiny semblance of personal space in my seat. After my LAX-IAH experience, I'm not anxious for a long haul. But open minded and willing to change my mind if others say it's tolerable.
If it's that bad on a ~3 hr flight, isn't it going to be infintesimally worse on a ~10 hour flight?

Go SQ.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 10:10 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
I‘m just now seeing this thread and although I reviewed it I didn’t read every word so I apologize if this is a repeat. I flew in a UA 787 a couple of months ago, Business/First window non-bulkhead seat. Overall I would rate it below average.

The B/F seats are angled, they do not face forward. When seated prior to takeoff I had a definite tendency to face fully forward which resulted in sitting in an uncomfortable position. The aisle seat seems like it is a few inches further aft of the window seat and due to the seat angulations, the window seat occupant must turn to the side and actually look slightly behind and over a shoulder to speak with and look at the aisle seat occupant. Gets very uncomfortable very quickly.

It was comfortable when fully reclined although as others have mentioned the foot well is a bit small. IIRC B/F bulkhead seats had wider foot wells.

Can’t comment about lower cabin altitude and humidity as it was just a 2-3 hour flight, presumably these factors would be more important for longer flights.

Last edited by Dr Jabadski; Jan 6, 2013 at 4:45 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.