Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "UA 757-300 Seating, IFE, etc." Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 1, 2017, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Boeing 757-300 (753)
Seat map (24Domestic F seats/55E+/134E configuration)

Entertainment -- now 100% personal device entertainment (DirecTV has been removed)

WiFi (Internet access for a fee)
Power -- F & E+ , none in regular economy

1A/B has a great cutout for extra foot space, 1E/F has no cutout and may be tight for taller passengers.

New Slimline 753s

This link Interim 757-300 seat map shows a strange interim seat map that you might want to consult if the one(s) above do not match what you are seeing on United.bomb.
See the bottom of the Wiki there for warnings about seat selection.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "UA 757-300 Seating, IFE, etc." Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2018, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by PushingTin
Thanks. When the flight gets closer will the seat map resolve itself to the correct config? If it the new one, I'll be out E+, but there will be a couple of rows revealed of E+.
Yes, usually overnight (Central time) before the second day prior to departure.

I'm guessing that if the config changes to the new, I can't put in to have my seats automatically swapped for the open E+?
Correct. Usually this is less of a hassle but with the hybrid seatmap they've concocted here, flying a 753 in Y is going to be a mess.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 8:29 pm

Programs: UA OG-1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by findark
Yes, usually overnight (Central time) before the second day prior to departure.
Midnight Chicago or local?
Old Mar 6, 2018, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Midnight Chicago or local?
It's "overnight" - more like 3:30am - but it's based on Chicago (or Houston ) time.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 12:29 pm

Programs: UA OG-1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
The oddest thing is if the agent and the supervisor had a clue, they could have told me about the config issue and how it works. But that didn't happen. I had to come here for the real story.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 4:04 pm

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
I'm self torturing myself next Friday, flying in 40C ORD-DEN, as it was the only aisle seat available. No expectation of an upgrade now that I've dropped from 1K to Gold. Frankly, I will survive just fine, but budget an extra 10 minutes to get off the airplane.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by COSPILOT
I'm self torturing myself next Friday, flying in 40C ORD-DEN, as it was the only aisle seat available. No expectation of an upgrade now that I've dropped from 1K to Gold. Frankly, I will survive just fine, but budget an extra 10 minutes to get off the airplane.
It's going to feel like 30! Hope you still have a drink ticket or two.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 3:47 pm

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by fumje
It's going to feel like 30! Hope you still have a drink ticket or two.
I couldn't bring myself to stay in 40C when R space opened up today. Not the best use of 15K miles, but after a 6 day work trip, I have a feeling I'm going to be very exhausted and will appreciate being up front on this flight.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by COSPILOT
I couldn't bring myself to stay in 40C when R space opened up today. Not the best use of 15K miles, but after a 6 day work trip, I have a feeling I'm going to be very exhausted and will appreciate being up front on this flight.
As you mentioned in your previous post, waiting for 39 rows ahead of you to de-plane would have been a poor end to a long work trip.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 3:17 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
This older configuration has been completely "update" and the new thread is
Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on 757-300 Slimline (24F,54E+,156E-)

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Aug 25, 2019 at 9:36 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.