Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Expert Mode" Changes

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2012, 4:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Amex Plat
Awful, awful decision...

There's a tipping point for all of us and many more of us are being pushed over it...

As a weekly ORD-LGA commuter I understand that a few other airlines are in that market

What a week I've had with United: PNR split regardless of declining the upgrade, having to beg and plead for my original seat so I could sit next to my girlfriend on a transcon flight, hearing a customer service supervisor use the word "retarded" twice in one conversation, now this. Thanks United. The skies might be friendly but what happens on the ground sucks.
Old Sep 7, 2012, 4:48 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus Silver, Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium
So the biggest question I have... will this affect EF and the abiliity to have alerts on R/RN as well as award space?
Old Sep 7, 2012, 4:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM | Marriott LTT | National Car EE
Originally Posted by beagleflyer1977
What is GPU and RPU??? They are not in the glossary.
https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...e/default.aspx
Old Sep 7, 2012, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by abaheti
Someone mentioned that AA removed this visibility as well, any AA flyers that can comment or tell us how they handle it?
You can still view all AA inventory at Expert Flyer. Only R/X is invisibile. The impact is minimum.

X:

EXP and 500-mile Upgrades from Economy to First on 2-class domestic U.S. flights. Upgrades from Business to First on 3-class international flights using certain travel agency certificates. Operational Upgrades.

R:

EXP, 500-mile, and some Passenger Sales ('kiosk') Upgrades from Economy to Business on 3-class transcons and 2-class short-haul international flights (e.g., Canada, Mexico, Caribbean, Central America). Operational Upgrades.
Old Sep 7, 2012, 4:51 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
Just when you thought that this airline couldn't get worse and do another thing customer-unfriendly, we get this thread.

One poster said "race to the bottom" - there is no race - it's over. United has won. No contest.
Well said. Sad. I was just commenting to my colleagues that things maybe getting better at UA.....and now this.....
Old Sep 7, 2012, 4:52 pm

Programs: VAG
Well, that's just stupid. I don't use this information as much as many people here do, but actively going out of your way to hide previously-available information from your customers certainly isn't something I can get behind.

One of the posters on the first page was right: congratulations on finding something that everyone on FT can agree about!
Old Sep 7, 2012, 4:52 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
WOW... Awful move UA again! UA reads these boards people! Any benefit you have from UA, do not share. This forum is no longer safe! I think it's time to make this forum for Flyers only and not allow anyone to see anything. I'm not sure how to do this but someone needs to come up with something. The fact is UA uses people to read the forums and they decided, let's take this away, as people were seeing R but upgrades weren't being processed. It's a bad move UA.

Dear UA, Since you read these forums, will you ever return my 15K of miles from the recent promo? It's a Shame! Shannon can you please relay this info back? Myself and others are still trying to get our miles back! Instead of going back and talking about R being available but upgrades not being processed, please go back to your supervisors and tell them we want our miles back that we earned! Let's get that working first! It's amazing, how UA can't fix the seat change issue, cant fix much, but can take things away soo easily! Sorry, to be on the attack, but UA reads this forum. They really don't care about us!

Originally Posted by msg75
Awful, awful decision...

There's a tipping point for all of us and many more of us are being pushed over it...

As a weekly ORD-LGA commuter I understand that a few other airlines are in that market

What a week I've had with United: PNR split regardless of declining the upgrade, having to beg and plead for my original seat so I could sit next to my girlfriend on a transcon flight, hearing a customer service supervisor use the word "retarded" twice in one conversation, now this. Thanks United. The skies might be friendly but what happens on the ground sucks.
Hey, You have a choice! AA, WN, DL all fly this route. I have fallen for WN, but AA works also! It's not worth it anymore! This is the new UA!

Last edited by iluv2fly; Sep 7, 2012 at 4:59 pm Reason: merge
Old Sep 7, 2012, 4:53 pm

I've already voiced my displeasure on MilePoint, this is a CHANGE that I do not like.
Old Sep 7, 2012, 4:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM
Originally Posted by GoAmtrak
Antiquated terms for GPU and RPU respectively.
Nah, antiquated would be to refer to HK49s and 500-milers ;-)
Old Sep 7, 2012, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
Just when you thought that this airline couldn't get worse and do another thing customer-unfriendly, we get this thread.

One poster said "race to the bottom" - there is no race - it's over. United has won. No contest.
It really is disappointing to see this happen. UA has fallen a great deal since Oct 1 2010.

Now this is good news for AA. I guess I'll continue to book tix on AA. No need to waste my time on UA when they make it hard for me to redeem hard earned rewards.
Old Sep 7, 2012, 5:05 pm

Programs: UA1k 3mm, HH-LifeDiamond, Mar-LifePlatElite
I guess we should all conclude that removing the ability to see R inventory is simply easier than fixing the Upgrade processing system.

That is pretty much how I read the announcement. Please feel free to correct me if it's way out of line. (doubt I will hear anything but silence).
Old Sep 7, 2012, 5:09 pm
glx

Programs: UA GS, SPG Plat, National EC Executive (Replaced Hertz), Hertz PC (Retired)
That's fine. Now when I want to know when R/RN is > 0 I'll call customer service. Every time. Multiple times a day.

Brilliant move.
Old Sep 7, 2012, 5:11 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; UA 1K
The single best feature of the website, the one I use most, gone. UFB. When the customer is the enemy the company does not survive, plain and simple.

AA status match came just in time. They've gotten 35K of the last 40K miles I've flown, and the flight I am booking right now is going to them too. And the next one, et al.......
Old Sep 7, 2012, 5:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I can't believe I just bought premier accelerator for the wife and I to get the swu's next year. Not being able to confirm upgrades ahead of time? This is aweful. Nice try on the marketing spin. Since when is United concerned about confused customers?
Old Sep 7, 2012, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by glx
That's fine. Now when I want to know when R/RN is > 0 I'll call customer service. Every time. Multiple times a day.

Brilliant move.
I doubt that they will be allowed to give you that info. So now we'll book an international trip blindly in "W," apply a GPU and when it doesn't clear immediately call in and cancel the reservation and redeposit the GPU. And do this over and over until an upgrade is confirmed. Multiply this by hundreds, if not thousands. Daily.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.