FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Where did you end up on the Final Upgrade List, UA Domestic? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1370975-where-did-you-end-up-final-upgrade-list-ua-domestic.html)

valor155 Jul 26, 2012 4:51 pm

I've noticed some flakiness as to who is cleared on the big board versus the mobile app. Minor differences, especially with the number of folks who have already cleared.

Regardless, the data I posted may give folks some idea where they would end up. Doesn't have to be exact exact.

jasp25 Jul 26, 2012 5:56 pm

Where did you end up on the Final Upgrade List, UA Domestic?

I read some cases on here where they get upgraded... And then later on after boarding they get downgraded back to coach.. Why does that happen? (or how?) my question is more on the technical side of it -- computer upgrades X number of elites in the waitlist, F-cabin checks-in full, then what happens that triggers a downgrade???

valor155 Aug 8, 2012 7:39 pm

Route: IAD-DEN
Time & Day of Departure: 8:30am, Wednesday
Flight #: 133
Equipment: 757 (24 F seats)
Fare Class: k
Final Position: UPGRADED!!! 16th of 17 upgraded. 20 folks not upgraded on list
Offered Upgrade Cost (if applicable) at Airport/Check In: NA
# of Cleared Upgrades (est.): 17

shortkidd Aug 8, 2012 8:18 pm

My last flight for some reason we weren't on the upgrade list. Was this a glitch in Shares or did I upset a phone agent? No one can say at this point.

valor155 Aug 23, 2012 1:38 pm

Note: I ended up changing my flight and not taking the one below, but it is still a data point, 22 hours out from flight time

Route: PHL-DEN
Time & Day of Departure: 6:30pm, Wednesday
Flight #: 271
Equipment: A320 (12 F seats)
Fare Class: T
Offered Upgrade Cost (if applicable) at Airport/Check In: $199

T-22: 4 FC available still, I was 10th of 15 on the list. 4 folks had already been upgraded.

Route: CLE-DEN
Time & Day of Departure: 4:30pm, Wednesday
Flight #: 1281
Equipment: 737-900 (20 F seats)
Final Position: 9 of 20
Offered Upgrade Cost (if applicable) at Airport/Check In: $159
# of Cleared Upgrades (est.): 7

udustats.com updated!

valor155 Sep 13, 2012 5:01 pm

Some recent UA Plat UG experiences

Route: DEN-IAH
Time & Day of Departure: 1:15pm, Monday
Flight #: 672
Equipment: 757 (24 F seats)
Fare Class: Q
Final Position: 9 of 47
# of Cleared Upgrades (est.): 7

Route: IAH-MEX
Time & Day of Departure: 5:40pm, Monday
Flight #: 1092
Equipment: 737 (16 F seats)
Fare Class: Q
Final Position: 13 of 29
# of Cleared Upgrades (est.): 3

Route: MEX-IAH
Time & Day of Departure: 3:15pm, Wednesday
Flight #: 1091
Equipment: 737 (16 F seats)
Final Position: 2 of 22
# of Cleared Upgrades (est.): 6

Route: IAH-DEN
Time & Day of Departure: 9:10pm, Wednesday
Flight #: 1490
Equipment: 737-900 (20 F seats)
Final Position: 11 of 46
# of Cleared Upgrades (est.): 11

udustats.com updated!

NO DICE on any above. The saddest story was route 3, MEX-IAH. I was #4 on the List with 6 FC seats avaiable 2 hours prior to the flight. I ended up in coach and #2 on the final list. Pretty sure I was TODed out of the running. Oh well.

bob_the_d Sep 13, 2012 5:07 pm

someone should make a mobile interface for udustats so it's easier to enter. is anyone maintaining/developing it still? going mobile i feel like would be a cool addition.

PV_Premier Sep 14, 2012 11:25 am

9/14/12

UA849 SFO-IAH
752 a/c
Depart 11:05am
Cleared upgrades: 7 (est)
My position 9 of 25

UA1205 IAH-FLL
738 a/c
Depart 7:56pm
Cleared upgrades: 7 (est)
My position: 5/12

Status - premier gold
Fare class - G

iahphx Feb 13, 2013 10:52 pm

17th as a 1K on the upgrade list; has any 1K been lower?

I've complained in the recent past about how upgrades are much harder now for top UA elites, but I have a domestic A320 flight tomorrow to IAH where, as a 1K, I'm 17th on the waitlist for an upgrade. Admittedly, I'm in a cheapo bucket, but 17th? Has any 1K ever been lower?

BTW, the upgrade list is currently 48 names long!

I thought perhaps that it might be some computer glitch assigning me lower status, but I'm taking a connecting flight where I'm #2 on the upgrade list (I probably won't get that one either, but at least it's plausible).

I know Thursdays are big elite travel days, but isn't this a bit crazy? I can't imagine many folks thinking the loyalty was worth it if these are your upgrade odds. It would seem wise to me for UA to go AA's route and at least give 1K's a free meal and alcoholic drink in coach, because that's where they're going to be a lot of the time.

mckerrow Feb 14, 2013 12:10 am

Originally Posted by iahphx (Post 20244183)
I've complained in the recent past about how upgrades are much harder now for top UA elites, but I have a domestic A320 flight tomorrow to IAH where, as a 1K, I'm 17th on the waitlist for an upgrade. Admittedly, I'm in a cheapo bucket, but 17th? Has any 1K ever been lower?

I thought perhaps that it might be some computer glitch assigning me lower status, but I'm taking a connecting flight where I'm #2 on the upgrade list (I probably won't get that one either, but at least it's plausible).

I know Thursdays are big elite travel days, but isn't this a bit crazy? I can't imagine many folks thinking the loyalty was worth it if these are your upgrade odds. It would seem wise to me for UA to go AA's route and at least give 1K's a free meal and alcoholic drink in coach, because that's where they're going to be a lot of the time.

I was 27th one time on an evening DEN-SFO 757 flight. Sitting at exit row with numerous GS around me. That was the craziest for me.

jkburns1 Feb 14, 2013 4:11 am

Originally Posted by iahphx (Post 20244183)

Fly IAD-BOS occassionally on cheapo buckets on Thursday afternoons and regularly have found myself anywhere from 10th-25th on that list....

Yanks08802 Feb 14, 2013 4:28 am

Originally Posted by jkburns1 (Post 20245055)
Fly IAD-BOS occassionally on cheapo buckets on Thursday afternoons and regularly have found myself anywhere from 10th-25th on that list....

I find myself between 10 and 30 on a regular basis- lots of EWR-IAH flights.

todorovic Feb 14, 2013 4:28 am

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry 9000 (Bold): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_0_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10A551 Safari/8536.25)

Try 32nd on IAD-SFO last year or 11th using a RPU on SFO-EWR. Both were on A320

LordTentacle Feb 14, 2013 4:28 am

IAD->SFO on a 777-200 domestic config
I was 43rd as a 1k on a W fare
the list was over 120 names

Daniel-SYD Feb 14, 2013 4:48 am

17th as a 1K on the upgrade list; has any 1K been lower?

Wow. If it makes you feel better I've been on a Y or B fare as a GS this year, middle seats, and at least twice not cleared on TPACs.