Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[NOW EXPIRED]: SQ releasing almost all F award (O)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NOW EXPIRED]: SQ releasing almost all F award (O)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2012, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by francophile
That was from 2007. It has nothing to do with current O/I class frenzy.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 9:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by francophile
LOL! And that's a fun link with some great photos.

Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
I posted yesterday that a SQ Station manager in Europe told me THEY ARE accepting the bookings "FOR NOW". I called him yesterday and he had already received a message from Singapore advising that there is going to be an upswing of F pax traveling on awards and not to refuse boarding. It was a Sunday night in Singapore and he said it sounded like they were all scratching their heads over at HQ. He did say he was advised to have the CS agents tell customers to re confirm any onward or return tkts but it sounded to me (reading between the lines) of what he said that they WILL be accepting these tickets but there are a few people in Singapore looking for new jobs this morning

I am going to be in the same airport he works at on Friday (not flying SQ) but I am going to see if he's around and ask if they gave him any more info or official policy. Dont want to post what station but he has more then 1 flight a day so will be affected by this(yes, I realize anyone half a brain can figure what station)

I'll post FRiday night what he says if anything ( I believe he is there when my OAL flight comes in

To bad I was to Chicken to do this . I am a PPS member with SQ But still very difficult to get F awards-I wonder if all the PPS/SOLATAIRE members can get extra inventory opened by SQ for us? Does not seem fair that UA/US/VI got all these F tickets but SQ still denies them to their best regular full fare F & C customers

U.G. - Your a PPS aren't you? Up for another law suite
^ Thanks for sharing this info, china. I realize it's not definite that it will all work out, but this is encouraging.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 9:02 pm

Anyone else have advice/experience in a situation like mine (half the booking looks "normal", the other half looks like it's still the old reservation, including the PNR)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deirdre
Call. Mine got a wedgie like that and a call forced it to ticket.
I did call, that was how i got the SA number to go online.

Specifically, what should I ask for when calling UA? To make sure it's ticketed? To make sure my miles are deducted and I'm billed.

To me, it looks ticketed online, but there is definitely something fishy. The UA reservation page shows: Total Price 107,500 Miles and $71.00 (this is the new award price and miles, different than the old award reservation that I changed), but when I select "View Receipt", it pulls up the receipt from my original itinerary (with the old flights, not the new one).

Thoughts, advice, comments? Anything is appreciated, as something is definitely weird about my reservation.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 9:05 pm

Programs: A few
china I am not so sure they deny these awards to their own members. the sfo-icn-sin legs I booked were always available to krisflyer redemptions. i had seriously considered transferring amex points to make the booking. when this opportunity came along, the miles and lack of co-pay (aka yq) made it too tempting to resist. but the flight i booked was always available to you if you had sufficient miles in your sq account
Old Jul 9, 2012, 9:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
FWIW, I got two A380 award seats (SQ25 JFK-FRA) but it was only business class. Believe me, I'll take it!!!
Old Jul 9, 2012, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
"FOR NOW"
That doesn't sound encouraging to those of us not booked until late spring 2013
Old Jul 9, 2012, 9:34 pm

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by CDKing
That doesn't sound encouraging to those of us not booked until late spring 2013
I would not worry. I called him when this was still a CF. I take it as a good sign that they sent a message out so early to stations half a world away. I was surprised he even knew what I was talking about

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
china I am not so sure they deny these awards to their own members. the sfo-icn-sin legs I booked were always available to krisflyer redemptions. i had seriously considered transferring amex points to make the booking. when this opportunity came along, the miles and lack of co-pay (aka yq) made it too tempting to resist. but the flight i booked was always available to you if you had sufficient miles in your sq account
They dont "deny" them to us but they are as easy to get as say UA GF NRT-BKK in Dec . I have my miles go to UA and my "spend" go to PPS/Krisflyer w any Silk Air miles. I was thinking of letting my SQ miles stay w PPS/KF but decided against it as while it's "psbl" to get 77W F, it's easier to buy the tkt and use my UA miles on more expensive LH flights. There are very cheap full F fares on SQ but you have to hunt for them. They JUST discontinues a great fare on 3/3 (surprise). UA PS F from JFK-SFO connecting to SQ F SFO-ICN $3800 o/w. that's gone now but was there for 2 years. Also, I still mourn the SQ F RTW that was discontinued this year after 5 years w no fare increase $6900 + $700 in taxes (now they still have the RTW C fare which is a little cheaper but they add up to $2000 in taxes
There are still some great F fares TPAC or TATL X Dhaka / Karachi / Lahore on OAL to SIN and then SQ 1,2,15,16,25,26. Under $12K R/T

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jul 9, 2012 at 10:08 pm Reason: merge
Old Jul 9, 2012, 9:40 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Wonder if the OP or mods can put up a survey of how many miles FT'ers burned through on this. A simple a) xx-xxx b) xxx-xxx c) xxx-xxx d) xxx-xxx in increments of 150K+ would probably cover for a range

It would be curious how many miles got redeemed as these are not just 25K here and there; probably more like 100K+ per shot, and from reading all these posts, some have made multiple redemptions.

Maybe in next quarter's statement, there will be an asterick next to their total number of miles carried on the books explaining the large decrease :-)
Old Jul 9, 2012, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by luv2ctheworld
Wonder if the OP or mods can put up a survey of how many miles FT'ers burned through on this. A simple a) xx-xxx b) xxx-xxx c) xxx-xxx d) xxx-xxx in increments of 150K+ would probably cover for a range

It would be curious how many miles got redeemed as these are not just 25K here and there; probably more like 100K+ per shot, and from reading all these posts, some have made multiple redemptions.

Maybe in next quarter's statement, there will be an asterick next to their total number of miles carried on the books explaining the large decrease :-)
120K UA & 84K AC

JFK-SFO-HKG-SIN in F, EWR-SIN-NRT-LAX in C.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 9:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, CX GR, Hilton Diamond, Global Entry
Originally Posted by DBCme
United Reservation Change - Confirmation XXXXX

Just received an email from UA about a change to my award redemption.

Reservation Change Notification

There has been a change to your reservation. This may concern a change in the flight number, flight time, aircraft, seat assignment and/or codeshare partner. Please review your updated itinerary below.

Thankfully, it turned out to be on a different itinerary unrelated to SQ.

<Resuming normal breathing pattern>
Just had something similar happen to me...but it was an itinerary with SQ...

It was the ANA segment...whew
Old Jul 9, 2012, 9:43 pm

Programs: UA GS, BA Gold, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ConnFlyer
The question is will UA/SQ honor these when things get fixed.
This also happened on UA a few years ago, probably in 2009. The US-Australia inventory went from nothing to 9 in all award and upgrade categories for all flights.

I booked two RTW for me + wife in F
Old Jul 9, 2012, 9:54 pm

Programs: AA Аэрофлот UA LH AF AS SPG HH PC
I hope that someone can post the FC Menu for IAH-DME-SIN as I am unable to find any recent ones around 2010 in my search. Anyone ?

On a side note, I saw a post where some one made 14 FC bookings on SQ for 2013. That a lot of miles burnt.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 9:59 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by UrbaneGent
I just now booked SQ F JFK-FRA-NCE on the A380 in September for my parents as a gift. I can't believe it! I think SQ will honour it, we shall see...

I can't BELIEVE it! Hilarious!

UG

Got auto seat assignments too on both SQ and LH flights!
Originally Posted by UrbaneGent
I got 1A/2A both coming going - 6A/6C FRA-NCE and 3A/3C NCE-FRA 135,000 x 2 = 270,000 miles (updated to confirm)
Originally Posted by schley
Feel free to flame me for not wanting to read an hour through this thread but here are a couple questions:

1. Has anyone gotten the F suites on the A380? If so dates and route?

2. Has anyone gotten their F redemption cancelled yet? Which FF program's miles US, UA etc?

Thanks
Originally Posted by iexaltu
No F on A380 reported yet and no F redemptions have been cancelled yet but that could be subject to change.
Well actually there was a report of F on a 380, but just one that I know of, however, i remain somewhat skeptical. It seems odd that only only person found it and reported it
Old Jul 9, 2012, 10:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by schley
Feel free to flame me for not wanting to read an hour through this thread but here are a couple questions:

1. Has anyone gotten the F suites on the A380? If so dates and route?

2. Has anyone gotten their F redemption cancelled yet? Which FF program's miles US, UA etc?

Thanks
I was told that if you book first class and they change the plane to an A380, that you would get the suites.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by jpripcord
To me, it looks ticketed online, but there is definitely something fishy. The UA reservation page shows: Total Price 107,500 Miles and $71.00 (this is the new award price and miles, different than the old award reservation that I changed), but when I select "View Receipt", it pulls up the receipt from my original itinerary (with the old flights, not the new one).

Thoughts, advice, comments? Anything is appreciated, as something is definitely weird about my reservation.
Sounds like a stale receipt. Common issue at continental.com. Go back to the res and "add email / request receipt" and it will generate a fresh receipt.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.