Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Maintenance problem: flight returned to airport

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2012, 11:20 am
Original Poster

I just got off a flight that was taking me to an afternoon business meeting.

Instead of arriving at the destination, we had to return to the airport due to a maintenance problem. There was a different plane waiting for us when we landed, but that would have gotten me to the destination just in time to get the return flight. Obviously I didn't get on that plane and I missed my business meeting.

What next? Refund? Compensation?
Old May 31, 2012, 11:26 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Search for "trip in vain". You're entitled to a refund. You might get something more if you ask.
Old May 31, 2012, 11:30 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
Search for "trip in vain". You're entitled to a refund. You might get something more if you ask.
+1. Same thing happened, well - sort of, on a trip from here to SYD over a weekend. You'll get a refund and compensation - check out United.com/Appreciation to see if there's anything set up yet for your flight.

Cheers,
Adam

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.