Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award ticket not rebooked on other *A?

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2012, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Award ticket not rebooked on other *A?

Need some backup - or at least clarification...I just spent 2 hours with the 1K line trying to ask for what I thought was a reasonable request. Now it's approaching 2am...getting tired so I want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

Booked saver Y award for 6/1 HKG-NRT on UA78. Received email regarding 3 hr delay due to mandatory crew rest.

Called 1K line to request rebooking on ANA912 HKG-NRT leaving about 30 minutes earlier. Request denied. Attempt #2 denied too.

Reasons given:
1. Saver award space not available on NH912 (fine with me)
2. They can only rebook on UA metal regardless of award space (ok but doesn't help)
3. Contract of carriage for schedule irregularities does not apply to award tickets (this is a new one to me...I thought award tickets were still covered under the Contract of carriage...is this true?)
4. UA will not pay NH for the segment if rebooked from an award ticket (don't really care about this aspect)

So I'm going to try again at the airport in a few hours, but if I'm out of line for post-merger expectations, please tell me so I can cut my losses and wait out the delay. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.