FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Questions Regarding the United Club one-time pass ( OTP ) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1345572-questions-regarding-united-club-one-time-pass-otp.html)

carrington1 Aug 8, 2022 10:18 am

One Time Pass

I’m new to United and confused. If I buy a one time pass can I use it at my origination (LGA) and then again the same day in DEN while waiting for a connecting flight to COD? All flights will be on United. Thank you.

WineCountryUA Aug 8, 2022 10:21 am

Originally Posted by carrington1 (Post 34496536)
I’m new to United and confused. If I buy a one time pass can I use it at my origination (LGA) and then again the same day in DEN while waiting for a connecting flight to COD? All flights will be on United. Thank you.

UA has One Time Passes (OTP) and Day Passes.

OTP can only be used once (one airport), but can be used anytime before expiration (1 year from issue by UA)
Day Pass can be used at multiple airports but can only be purchased as a part of a specific trip

carrington1 Aug 8, 2022 10:26 am

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA (Post 34496548)
UA has One Time Passes (OTP) and Day Passes.

OTP can only be used once (one airport), but can be used anytime before expiration (1 year from issue by UA)
Day Pass can be used at multiple airports but can only be purchased as a part of a specific trip

Thank you. I’m still confused because I don’t see a day pass on offer either when I go to buy a ticket or on the United website. Or…Is it offered once I actually purchase the ticket?

WineCountryUA Aug 8, 2022 10:37 am

Originally Posted by carrington1 (Post 34496568)
Thank you. I’m still confused because I don’t see a day pass on offer either when I go to buy a ticket or on the United website. Or…Is it offered once I actually purchase the ticket?

Day Passes may be offered as a part of a Travel Bundle during the purchase cycle, not always an option. Economy Plus or included check bags are other common item offerings

carrington1 Aug 8, 2022 10:40 am

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA (Post 34496609)
Day Passes may be offered as a part of a Travel Bundle during the purchase cycle, not always an option. Economy Plus or included check bags are other common item offerings

thank you for the additional information.

sgtbalski Aug 16, 2022 1:27 pm

Does anybody know the rules on the $59 United Club day pass as far as re-entry? I have a ridiculously long layover at ORD coming up and I’m debating spending the $59… but I would want to hang out for a bit, drink a beer or two, and then people watch in Terminal 5 before returning for another complementary beer and bag of Rold Gold pretzels.

Also, what Club would you recommend?

Thanks!

jhayes_1780 Aug 16, 2022 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by sgtbalski (Post 34519916)
Does anybody know the rules on the $59 United Club day pass as far as re-entry? I have a ridiculously long layover at ORD coming up and I’m debating spending the $59… but I would want to hang out for a bit, drink a beer or two, and then people watch in Terminal 5 before returning for another complementary beer and bag of Rold Gold pretzels.
Thanks!

The one time pass is just that... once its scanned/beeps... its gone, so you can't club hop. AFIAK, that is the only one available for 59.00

OTOH, the day pass (I *THINK* because I have no expierence in the matter) is the one bought as part of the travel bundle has reports of wide ranges of pricing, does allow for multiple entries on one day.

WineCountryUA Aug 16, 2022 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by jhayes_1780 (Post 34519945)

Originally Posted by sgtbalski (Post 34519916)
Thanks!

The one time pass is just that... once its scanned/beeps... its gone, so you can't club hop. AFIAK, that is the only one available for 59.00

While that is a strict reading, the reality is you can exit (such as to get a meal, wander about the terminal, ... Need to check with the UC agenda and get a BP stamped for re-admission. Perhaps some agent might refuse, many will not.

diburning Aug 16, 2022 10:32 pm

If you buy the "Trip pass" that's sold in the bundles when you're booking your ticket, the pass will be tied to your BP and it will let you in and out as well as other clubs on your trip including upon arrival.

ENFO Sep 15, 2022 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by diburning (Post 34521078)
If you buy the "Trip pass" that's sold in the bundles when you're booking your ticket, the pass will be tied to your BP and it will let you in and out as well as other clubs on your trip including upon arrival.

Do you mean, when you enter the club, you just show your boarding pass and they will scan and allow entry (assuming they are accepting the day pass at the moment)? Thanks.

WineCountryUA Sep 15, 2022 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by ENFO (Post 34604143)
Do you mean, when you enter the club, you just show your boarding pass and they will scan and allow entry ...

Yes

Originally Posted by ENFO (Post 34604143)
(assuming they are accepting the day pass at the moment) ...

Trip passes don't appear to be subject to the same capacity issues that one-time-passes have, If you were denied entry on a trip pass, UA would have to refund your trip pass fee, Especially since the trip pass is not usable on a future trip.

ENFO Sep 16, 2022 8:49 am

Thank you. I rarely fly United but I'm flying in and out of EWR in October. I purchased wi-fi and lounge access. I got receipts via email but I've been scratching my head wondering how this converts to an actual physical "pass" that is scannable upon entry. So it appears that upon scanning my boarding pass, the agent should be able to see the lounge access is included.

Does anyone know how the Wifi porton of the bundle works? Do I have to enter my receipt number or something?

WineCountryUA Sep 16, 2022 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by ENFO (Post 34605349)
Does anyone know how the Wifi porton of the bundle works? Do I have to enter my receipt number or something?

Do you have an UA MP account? It is normally tied to that and when you login on the wifi, it will pull up the ability to use the prepaid wifi access.

IAH-OIL-TRASH Sep 16, 2022 4:10 pm

Lady tried to use a UC one-time pass at the Vancouver Maple Leaf Lounge this morning: “But, you’re a United Club!”. Response: “No ma’am, we’re the Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge”.

Sat near entrance - their gatekeepers definitely have to repel a higher percentage of incoming traffic than UC agents have to.

ENFO Sep 20, 2022 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA (Post 34605970)
Do you have an UA MP account? It is normally tied to that and when you login on the wifi, it will pull up the ability to use the prepaid wifi access.

Thank you