FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Questions Regarding the United Club one-time pass ( OTP ) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1345572-questions-regarding-united-club-one-time-pass-otp.html)

goodeats21 May 9, 2023 11:57 am

Originally Posted by marlin (Post 35236414)
I am flying from Philadelphia to London Heathrow on AA and connecting to Europe on BA. My layover is all day-can I use the United Club lounge using my passes
from the Mileage Plus credit card? Thank you!

Unfortunately, no. You need to have a boarding pass for a same day flight on United or Star Alliance to use the United Club. This is true even for Club Members, not just the one time passes.

jsloan May 9, 2023 12:13 pm

I am flying from Philadelphia to London Heathrow on AA and connecting to Europe on BA. My layover is all day-can I use the United Club lounge using my passes

Originally Posted by goodeats21 (Post 35236470)
Unfortunately, no. You need to have a boarding pass for a same day flight on United or Star Alliance to use the United Club. This is true even for Club Members, not just the one time passes.

Correct. Also, the United Club is in Heathrow Terminal 2, which is a (literal) train's ride away from T3 and T5 where BA operate. Even if you could get into the club, it'd be a logistical nightmare to get to.

Repooc17 May 9, 2023 12:13 pm

Go into the city, and enjoy the layover. I am sad I have to cancel my trip to London starting tomorrow.

Even if you could (you cannot) use the UC, you would have to clear security multiple times. Anyway, go into town.

marlin May 9, 2023 1:48 pm

Thank you!

barb64 May 10, 2023 10:59 am

United one day pass in Frankfurt airport

I am getting confused by uniteds language re one day passes and lounge access. I have two one day passes for a united club and I am also a priority pass member. I will be on a 5 hr layover in Frankfurt arriving and departing out of terminal 1. Trying to figure out the best lounge to go to with least hassle. Seems united has a club in terminal 1 but I am unclear if they will accept one day passes.. one place it says they will only be accepted in arriving and departing airports and then later it says they will NOT be accepted in arriving airports.. so confusing. If anyone can provide any advice on any of the above I would appreciate it. Thanks

WineCountryUA May 10, 2023 11:01 am

No lounge at FRA will accept the One Time Pass. Those are only usable at UA operated UCs
UA has no lounges at FRA (except a arrivals lounge which is outside of security, just for Polaris customers, does not accept UC passes and closes around noon)

Kacee May 10, 2023 11:04 am

Originally Posted by barb64 (Post 35239299)
Seems united has a club in terminal 1

There is no United Club at FRA.

barb64 May 10, 2023 11:06 am

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 35239316)
There is no United Club at FRA.

Thank you I read somewhere there was and now went to the website and you are correct there is none so I am stuck with priority lounge which is landside I believe and that means I have to go through security again...

tods27 May 10, 2023 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by barb64 (Post 35239324)
Thank you I read somewhere there was and now went to the website and you are correct there is none so I am stuck with priority lounge which is landside I believe and that means I have to go through security again...

United had a lounge (Red Carpet Club) in FRA many years ago, but now just uses the LH lounges. I'm not sure if the Luxx Lounge (priority pass) is worth an extra security check and immigration. 5 hours is a tough layover in FRA. Probably not quite enough time to go into Frankfurt for a couple hours.

zitsky Jul 29, 2023 2:45 pm

Explorer card club passes

Explorer card club passes

I booked an itinerary where I think I can use some expiring passes on the outbound. How soon do new passes show up? I’d like to know if I can use them on the return also. Ex flight is on May 3, passes expire May 9 and return is May 13.

SPN Lifer Jul 29, 2023 6:10 pm

Since the return is after the expiration of the one-time pass, the pass cannot be used for that flight.

A pass must be used on or before the expiration date.

zitsky Jul 29, 2023 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by SPN Lifer (Post 35455529)
Since the return is after the expiration of the one-time pass, the pass cannot be used for that flight.

A pass must be used on or before the expiration date.

Passes are issued each year. I’m asking if expiration is May 9, when will I get the next new annual passes? On May 10 or some time in the future? I have not used mine for a few years and never paid attention to renewal dates.

TBRIC Aug 7, 2023 2:58 pm

I mostly fly AA, but have a United card that gives me two club day passes. My son is traveling IAD-LHR-IAD this coming November. (Thanksgiving week). My questions are 1) is it possible to screenshoot the passes and transfer to him, and 2) if that’s ok, given the heavy travel that week will either the IAD or LHR clubs even be accepting day passes? Appreciate any feedback.

WineCountryUA Aug 7, 2023 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by TBRIC (Post 35478697)
I mostly fly AA, but have a United card that gives me two club day passes. My son is traveling IAD-LHR-IAD this coming November. (Thanksgiving week). My questions are 1) is it possible to screenshoot the passes and transfer to him, ...

Yes

.... given the heavy travel that week will either the IAD or LHR clubs even be accepting day passes? ....

If travelling at peak periods, yes that will be a problem

Schnit Aug 8, 2023 6:19 am

I mostly fly AA, but have a United card that gives me two club day passes. My son is traveling IAD-LHR-IAD this coming November. (Thanksgiving week). My questions are 1) is it possible to screenshoot the passes and transfer to him, and 2) if that’s ok, given the heavy travel that week will either the IAD or LHR clubs even be accepting day passes? Appreciate any feedback.

On anniversary date I am always emailed my passes, you should be able to just forward those PDFs as well