FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Questions Regarding the United Club one-time pass ( OTP ) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1345572-questions-regarding-united-club-one-time-pass-otp.html)

liannehy Jan 9, 2022 12:23 pm

Questions Regarding the United Club one-time pass ( OTP )

I have a few one-time passes from my United credit card -- The back of the pass says ages 18 and up. I'm brining my 16 year old along, who has a driver's license. Do you think they will even notice? (the driver's license is oriented differently for minors in our state, so it does kinda stand out as different.) We'd be together the whole time and we each have a pass.

IAH-OIL-TRASH Jan 9, 2022 12:29 pm

I'm thinking the language is directed at sub-18 solo travelers.

LAX UA 1K Jan 9, 2022 12:51 pm

My passes say must be 18 or over or accompanied by a supervising adult 18 or over. I’m pretty sure that is the actual rule.

Thejrock87 Jan 14, 2022 7:34 am

One Time Pass- 2 Year Old Question

Hello and I apologize in advance if this has been asked before. I did a quick search and couldn't find my exact scenario.

With my Explorers card I get 2 one time passes to the United Lounge. My wife and I would use it but we have a 2 year old with us. Will we really not all be able to get in? Would I be able to purchase him a one time pass at the check in? Are they lenient?

Thank you very much.

philemer Jan 14, 2022 7:57 am

Originally Posted by Thejrock87 (Post 33901261)
Hello and I apologize in advance if this has been asked before. I did a quick search and couldn't find my exact scenario.

With my Explorers card I get 2 one time passes to the United Lounge. My wife and I would use it but we have a 2 year old with us. Will we really not all be able to get in? Would I be able to purchase him a one time pass at the check in? Are they lenient?

Thank you very much.

No one can predict how "lenient" anyone is going to be. You can buy a pass there for $59.

WineCountryUA Jan 14, 2022 11:29 am

When using Chase UC passes, all ticketed passenger are required to have an individual pass. However, some have reported some leniency. No way to predict in advance

giporlos Jan 14, 2022 3:53 pm

I'll pile on... purchased 3 on my Amex Platinum card on 29 Dec to use up my $200 credit. Website says ,,, $179 total... purchase done. Got three $59 charges,,, first pending, then final charges... all before the end of the year (yah). But United only gave me two... tried Twitter, then chat... ended up having to send an email to Customer Care... which still has not replied... 14 days later. Granted.. United has bigger issues going on... BUT I wanted to use these on a recent trip 5 January... couldn't do it :( They are too quick to charge my CC... but to slow to fix it after they got the $$$. Life goes on :)

fwfdan Feb 23, 2022 9:32 am

I have two Chase United Club passes that are set to expire next week. I chatted with a rep who said that they would be automatically be extended six months (they were initially issued last year and were not previously extended)

I saved them off in email as they still show next weeks date.

Anyone else hear this?

thanks!

pseudoswede Feb 23, 2022 9:45 am

Originally Posted by fwfdan (Post 34017748)
I have two Chase United Club passes that are set to expire next week. I chatted with a rep who said that they would be automatically be extended six months (they were initially issued last year and were not previously extended)

I saved them off in email as they still show next weeks date.

Anyone else hear this?

thanks!

I personally wouldn't trust that. I asked last year for an extension and was given a very swift no. Four passes down the drain.

fwfdan Feb 23, 2022 10:33 am

Originally Posted by pseudoswede (Post 34017778)
I personally wouldn't trust that. I asked last year for an extension and was given a very swift no. Four passes down the drain.

I expected the same answer... a "no" but I got a rather quick response that they are being extended 6 months. I had two expire in September (that had been extended)

slickvik Mar 16, 2022 10:25 pm

I upgraded from explorer to quest and was denied entry at a United club. Very odd the more expensive card doesn’t get club passes.

SPN Lifer Mar 17, 2022 5:34 am

Two annual United Club passes are not a feature of the Quest Visa card.

slickvik Mar 17, 2022 10:51 am

Originally Posted by SPN Lifer (Post 34083021)
Two annual United Club passes are not a feature of the Quest Visa card.

Yes, I was just surprised the passes were made redundant.

WineCountryUA Mar 17, 2022 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by slickvik (Post 34083773)
Yes, I was just surprised the passes were made redundant.

UC passes are cancelled on the dropping of the card they were issued by.

fwfdan Mar 17, 2022 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by fwfdan (Post 34017937)
I expected the same answer... a "no" but I got a rather quick response that they are being extended 6 months. I had two expire in September (that had been extended)

Just as an update.. I can't report whether they would have been extended or not since I found out a couple days before they were to expire that my niece and her husband were traveling on United. I gave them the passes

I do have a feeling they would not have been extended even though I had been told they would be since the expiration date was never changed.