Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

"This is not a Boarding Pass" - What is required for international online checkin?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"This is not a Boarding Pass" - What is required for international online checkin?

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2012, 8:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Star Gold,Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by love_to_travel
Does swiping my passport for domestic flights count? Or only swipes for international flights?
I had this exact same question. I can't answer it because I haven't traveled internationally post-intergration. Well, I did on 3/5 but it was the return from 3/3 so since my PP had been verified on 3/3, there was no problem doing OLCI on 3/4 for the return flight, so that isn't really a test case.

I have been finding kiosks with PP readers whenever I have flown domestically post-integration, and I've taken my PP and swiped it. It has "found" me, i.e. "Hello Firstname Lastname", so by doing so I'm hoping that this will keep me verified and able to do international OLCI. I promise that I will report back when I really get to test this!

I'd appreciate it if others would chime in with their expereinces if they try what I have done.
Old May 11, 2012, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SM Plat, B6 TrueBlue, UA MP, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by milepig
There's another thread on this. COdbaUA needs to rescan your passport the first time you use if following the switch to SHARES. Apparently, they also require more frequent rescans than UA did, so expect this to happen every few months. Royal pain.
That has certainly never been the case for me. My passport was swiped a few years ago by PMCO, and I have been able to do OLCI ever since, traveling internationally an average of once every six weeks.
Old May 11, 2012, 9:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, CX GR, Hilton Diamond, Global Entry
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

Originally Posted by cfischer
Since the new United was launched, 0/6 of my intl. trips worked w/ OLCI . No Visa and nothing required, just plain and simple trips to Europe. What a mess.
I am 0/3 post-3/3. Might be 0/4 when I check in for my next trip. At least I will already be at EWR at T-24, so going to an agent if OLCU does not work.

Last edited by USFdonWill; May 11, 2012 at 9:01 pm
Old May 22, 2012, 1:39 pm

Programs: AC E, BA Bronze, HHonors Gold
I had the same issue yesterday on my way back to YUL from MEX via IAH. I did the OLCI but only was able to print the BP's for the first leg of my trip. We had already entered passport information coming down (YUL-ORD-MEX) and at that time AC had no problems issuing boarding passes for both flights.

Coming back the second leg was with AC and airport agent told us they do not have access to AC's reservation system. Fortunately at IAH we were able to gain access to the lounge without a BP (I just showed the reservation number and we were let in).
Old May 23, 2012, 10:48 pm

Programs: UA 1MM Premier Gold, DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriot Rewards Gold
Unable to Check-In Online for International Flights on UA?

So I've seen other posts, especially in the PMCO forum but I still don't understand.
I'm looking for a reason. a real reason.
I have a foreign passport but hold a green card and live in the US.
I am also a trusted traveler (Global Entry) and as such enjoy those wonderful kiosks, mainly in Houston as this is usually where I fly to (unless I connect).

Nevertheless, I still get that damn screen when I attempt the OLCI while abroad.

Today I called (currently in Brazil) to try and figure out WHY am I not being able to Check In. It talk them 23 minutes to repeat the CI process and eventually said - sorry - you need to CI at the airport. No kidding??!?

I searched all over and couldn't find any reason for this bug. If it's from security reasons - I'm the first one to cooperate. I don't hold two passports and I travel every few weeks abroad. Is there a way to find a real intelligent answer? Is there someone to talk to (please don't say Alex...)

Thanks....

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; May 24, 2012 at 4:54 am Reason: vague thread title
Old May 24, 2012, 2:58 am

Programs: FAF, Hyatt <>, SPG PLT
I've not had any personal success nor heard from any other pax I know of being successful checking in online for a United flight/itinerary originating outside the US. It seems like it should be possible though.
Old May 24, 2012, 4:40 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Beerman92
I've not had any personal success nor heard from any other pax I know of being successful checking in online for a United flight/itinerary originating outside the US. It seems like it should be possible though.
Before March 3 I did it all the time at 24 hours before flight and did not normally have any problem. I havent been out of the country in the past couple of months, so not sure if something has changed, although one of the tricks was to occasionally swipe your passport at one of the kiosks at the airport.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 12:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Upgrade standby list and doc check

I was waitlisted with a GPU for IAH-NRT tomorrow. Passed 24 hours before my first flight and attempted to check in, and got a "This is not a boarding pass" message. The upgrade standby list for the flight is now available and I'm not listed. I know that time of checkin is some way down the list of criteria, but I'd rather not miss out because of that. Is there any way to get on the list without spending an hour this afternoon heading to the airport?
Old Jun 8, 2012, 12:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Not in my experience - needs to be done at the airport. And it is likely to be very close given that there are only 2 seats available. 3 of the 4 people on the upgrade list appear to be non-revs though so you would go ahead of them at least.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 12:32 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH diamond
Unfortunately, I don't think you can. I had this situation a month or so ago and after multiple calls to the UA 1K line, still got no resolution and had to check in at the airport. Sorry but I think you may be out of luck.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 1:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
US Passport?

Has your passport ever been scanned by a United Kiosk? If it has call Web Support (call your standard number then ask for Web Support); they can manually check you in as long as ONCE United registered a passport scan on a Kiosk in the last 6 months.

I did this on LAX-NRT 2 months ago when I had the same but DID have a passport scanned once on the Kiosk.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 3:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by NickP 1K
US Passport?
UK. Ended up heading via the airport today anyway, so got it handled there. An earlier phone call had resulted in me being put back on the PB list rather than the upgrade standby list, which confused things pretty badly.
Old Jun 16, 2012, 12:49 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM, AA P 2MM, DL PM, US P, VS G, SPG LT P, HH D, HYATT P, PC P, AVIS PC, HERTZ PLAT
This is not a boarding pass

AGENT REFERENCE: GG ACI TCI

Does anybody know what GG ACI TCI means?

I might just be having trouble with search due to the short length and vbulletin
Old Jun 16, 2012, 6:25 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by bdraco

Does anybody know what GG ACI TCI means? ...
Doe not know the specific answer but the "GG" is a reference to the agent help system, the "ACI TCI" would be the items in the help system for the agent to look up.

as similiar but unanswered posting from 2009 http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/conti...ode-check.html
Old Jun 16, 2012, 8:28 pm
Company Representative, United Airlines

Originally Posted by bdraco

Does anybody know what GG ACI TCI means?

I might just be having trouble with search due to the short length and vbulletin
Hi bdraco, GG is just the way reference commands start in SHARES. ACI is the term that usually refers to check-in entries and TCI is specific to through check-in.

Shannon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.