Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United & Hawaiian Airlines: Interlining bags, bag fees & other connecting experiences

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 19, 2017, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
UA and Hawaiian Air (HA) will interline bags.

When checking-in with HA, no UA elite / credit card bag waivers will be recognized. Bag allowance will be based on ticket rules.

HA's policy on inter-island / Neighbor Island flights is no free bags in economy.
Print Wikipost

United & Hawaiian Airlines: Interlining bags, bag fees & other connecting experiences

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2024, 7:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
I have a HA segment LIH-HNL on a United ticket going to IAD. I can check in on HA app but it is not assigning me a seat and not giving me a boarding pass. The UA app will also not allow me to check-in for the HNL-IAD leg. How do you buy up to HA F like others have mentioned above? Do I have to go to the airport to complete check-in?
Old Mar 23, 2024, 10:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by heavensbee
I have a HA segment LIH-HNL on a United ticket going to IAD. I can check in on HA app but it is not assigning me a seat and not giving me a boarding pass. The UA app will also not allow me to check-in for the HNL-IAD leg. How do you buy up to HA F like others have mentioned above? Do I have to go to the airport to complete check-in?
Sounds like it. You can't check in for HNL-IAD until you're checked in from LIH. Not sure what the HA issue is. Normally, one can check in w/ HA, get seat, and BP. Once that is done the UA reservation will show as checked in on the UA app.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2024, 7:56 am

If I book a premium economy ticket from KOA to GRB that has its first segment on Hawaiian Airlines will Hawaiian charge baggage fees for this segment? When I book business class there is no Hawaiian Airline baggage fee on this segment.

I think I have my answer. I contacted Hawaiian Airlines via chat and was told bag fees will apply. Im was told we are elegible for the bag fee discount if we add both our Hawaiian FF#s to the reservation. I would like to get United miles from the HNL to GRB segments. How can I do this?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Apr 7, 2024 at 9:29 pm Reason: merged consecutive posts by same member
Old Apr 7, 2024, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
You’d have to replace the HA frequent flyer number w/ the UA FFN after checking bags w/ HA
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2024, 6:02 am

I could do this in HNL I would guess.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 8:16 am

I booked business class, problem solved.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.