Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

changed date on my award ticket online without calling UA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

changed date on my award ticket online without calling UA

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2012, 4:28 am

Originally Posted by lax2010
Can one also cancell an award ticket or is it limited to making change only?
You can cancel an award ticket online, but if you want your miles back, you have to call.

anticipating your next question .. yes it is.

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Mar 22, 2012 at 4:34 am
Old Mar 22, 2012, 9:18 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus
I have been trying to change a return date for an award ticket on Lufthansa (via United) and have been unable to do so. Lufthansa has changed the departure time 3x since booking. It directs me to call the 800 and after two 30-minute waits, it hangs up.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 9:20 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by LIH Prem
You can cancel an award ticket online, but if you want your miles back, you have to call.

-David
actually, i recently canceled an award ticket online and the miles were back in the account in 24 hrs. The award taxes , however, are still not refunded...

so, bottom line -- just call.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold 1 Million Miler, CX Gold
Originally Posted by lax2010
Can one also cancell an award ticket or is it limited to making change only?
I cancelled an award reservation couple days ago. However, the miles have not been credited back to my account yet.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 3:00 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by izzik
actually, i recently canceled an award ticket online and the miles were back in the account in 24 hrs. The award taxes , however, are still not refunded.
Originally Posted by kan1011
I cancelled an award reservation couple days ago. However, the miles have not been credited back to my account yet.
Cancelled a couple of weeks ago. So far no sight of either miles or dollars

Guess it's time to call ...

EmailKid
Old Mar 22, 2012, 3:07 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by LIH Prem

-David
When you cancel your award online there should be a link to refund and redeposit. Click on that link then it should do the whole process online and I have always had the miles back immediately and the refund would hit later of course. When I say always, I mean for the last few months...which is as long as I have been using the old CO and now UA site.

So, no it isnt.

Originally Posted by Condition One
I did the same thing, and received an error. However, when I went back into my itineraries, it showed as changed. The e-ticket still showed as the original flight for another 24-48 hours, before that was updated as well. Pretty cool!
I had this situation with an award. Got and error but then the award in my reservations was fine. Then the receipt showed correct info a few days later. So like other award bookings it just took a while to ticket.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Mar 22, 2012 at 3:38 pm Reason: merge
Old Mar 22, 2012, 3:13 pm

Programs: United 1K 2.7 MM
Originally Posted by IAD2MUC
I have been trying to change a return date for an award ticket on Lufthansa (via United) and have been unable to do so. Lufthansa has changed the departure time 3x since booking. It directs me to call the 800 and after two 30-minute waits, it hangs up.
I also am trying to change the return itinerary and return dates on an award ticket for my father: its LH booked thru United(pre merger). Is there any way I can do this on line?
Called the 1K Desk this morning and an agent could not "see" the flight I wanted though it was on the UA web site......she tried multiple times including logging into the site to locate what I was seeing....trying hard, but then the line went dead.....

I would love to try and do the change on line instead of spending an hour or so on the phone...
Old Mar 22, 2012, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by izzik
actually, i recently canceled an award ticket online and the miles were back in the account in 24 hrs. The award taxes , however, are still not refunded...

so, bottom line -- just call.
no sign of the multiple $10 refunds here either, and I did call, but it hasn't been that long yet.

edit: my refunds showed up in my cc account today.

Originally Posted by mcgahat
When you cancel your award online there should be a link to refund and redeposit. Click on that link then it should do the whole process online and I have always had the miles back immediately and the refund would hit later of course. When I say always, I mean for the last few months...which is as long as I have been using the old CO and now UA site.

So, no it isnt.

The last time (first time) I tried online was back in December, and I did have to call because I wanted to reuse those miles for another award. This was for a *A award not on CO or UA, IIRC.

I guess I will try it online next time. thanks for the update.

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Mar 23, 2012 at 3:23 am
Old Mar 22, 2012, 9:27 pm

Programs: UA*G, UA 1MM
I recently changed the date on an award ticket that I had booked for my wife using the website. Worked fine.

I then booked a paid ticket for myself on the same route. Looking at the two itineraries, I noticed a button I had never seen before, "combine". I was able to select the two itineraries and combine them into a single PNR. Cool!
Old Mar 22, 2012, 9:34 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by UA Fan
You have status right?
Yes. Premier Gold.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 9:52 pm

Programs: United Platinum, Hilton Gold
I refunded an award ticket two nights ago 3/20 and still waiting for the miles/money to get refunded. Figured will give it another day or two and then call in to see whats going on
Old Dec 14, 2012, 1:48 pm

Sorry to bump an old thread but I wanted to ask a question about UA award ticket change fees. According to UA site there's no fee for changing the departure to a date/time 21 days away or more. Figuratively speaking if I book a ticket for 1/21 and later want to change say to 1/22 or 1/23 will I be charged because its a couple of days difference?
Old Dec 14, 2012, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mrstraveler
Sorry to bump an old thread but I wanted to ask a question about UA award ticket change fees. According to UA site there's no fee for changing the departure to a date/time 21 days away or more. Figuratively speaking if I book a ticket for 1/21 and later want to change say to 1/22 or 1/23 will I be charged because its a couple of days difference?
No - all dates are +21 days to today
Old Dec 14, 2012, 2:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
It's based on how far you currently are from the date of departure. So if you change before Jan 1 you'll be fine.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by star_world
It's based on how far you currently are from the date of departure. So if you change before Jan 1 you'll be fine.

Ah I see, thanks for clearing up my confusion. I guess I can go ahead and
"dummy book" my award ticket now for tentative dates in September. What are the odds that they'll open up more awards inventory for HNL-EWR?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.