FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   changed date on my award ticket online without calling UA (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1327497-changed-date-my-award-ticket-online-without-calling-ua.html)

kan1011 Mar 21, 2012 6:07 pm

changed date on my award ticket online without calling UA

Hi,

I changed the date of my award ticket online last night. Before the merger, I had to call UA to do it. Is this some kind of new feature that united.com now offers?

kwildnj Mar 21, 2012 6:11 pm

Lets see...

Previously you couldn't.

But now you can.

Seems to me that this is a new feature. (At least for you)

I believe this was a carryover feature from Continental.

kb1992 Mar 21, 2012 6:29 pm

I have never been able to change award ticket online, either old CO or new UA site.

Always an error message.

kan1011 Mar 21, 2012 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by kb1992 (Post 18247820)
I have never been able to change award ticket online, either old CO or new UA site.

Always an error message.

Do you think I need to UA to make sure my "changed" reservation is indeed valid?

mherdeg Mar 21, 2012 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by kan1011 (Post 18247869)
Do you think I need to UA to make sure my "changed" reservation is indeed valid?

If you can "view receipt" and you can see a receipt with a ticket number that lists the correct dates, you should be fine. (Save that receipt just in case).

If you cannot see a receipt, or if the receipt does not list the correct dates of travel, or if you see a message like "! A modification has been made to your itinerary. Please contact United Reservations to have your ticket reissued." then you have a problem and should call in.

In general, the new united.com (ne้ continental.com) is very good about changes.

100countrygoal Mar 21, 2012 8:24 pm

I hope it works out as it seems to. . . this would be a very nice improvment. . .

cblaisd Mar 21, 2012 8:30 pm

I changed both the date and the routing of an award ticket online. Very nice to be able to do.

DBCme Mar 21, 2012 8:51 pm

Wait.

This is a change you will like.

^

kan1011 Mar 21, 2012 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by cblaisd (Post 18248466)
I changed both the date and the routing of an award ticket online. Very nice to be able to do.

Did UA charge you a fee for changing the routing?

Originally Posted by mherdeg (Post 18248020)
If you can "view receipt" and you can see a receipt with a ticket number that lists the correct dates, you should be fine. (Save that receipt just in case).

If you cannot see a receipt, or if the receipt does not list the correct dates of travel, or if you see a message like "! A modification has been made to your itinerary. Please contact United Reservations to have your ticket reissued." then you have a problem and should call in.

In general, the new united.com (ne้ continental.com) is very good about changes.

The receipt shows the "old" travel date. Does it mean that I need to call UA to re-validate the ticket?

Thanks for your input!

mduell Mar 21, 2012 10:07 pm

Has your change ticketed or just reserved?

cblaisd Mar 21, 2012 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by kan1011 (Post 18248899)
Did UA charge you a fee for changing the routing?

$25.

UA Fan Mar 21, 2012 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by cblaisd (Post 18248987)
$25.

You have status right? BTW excellent feature. One thing I am happy about with this merger is the decision to use the CO website.

Condition One Mar 22, 2012 12:02 am

I did the same thing, and received an error. However, when I went back into my itineraries, it showed as changed. The e-ticket still showed as the original flight for another 24-48 hours, before that was updated as well. Pretty cool!

sinoflyer Mar 22, 2012 12:46 am

So far, the award booking engine on the new united.com is a change that I like. I'm lovin' it.

lax2010 Mar 22, 2012 4:21 am

Can one also cancell an award ticket or is it limited to making change only?