Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Promotional Offer Applied -> no discount

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2012, 9:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, Skyteam Elite Plus (KE Morning Calm Premium)
Promotional Offer Applied -> no discount

I am trying to use my UA ecert. I followed the instruction.. It says.. "Promotional Offer Applied" However, no discount... Should I go all the way?

Thanks

Enter an Offer Code

If you are redeeming a United electronic travel certificate (beginning with code 1016) or a promotional offer:

Begin your flight search on either the united.com home page or the flight search page. Enter your origin and destination information and your travel dates.
Enter your certificate number in the “Offer Code” box. Enter the numbers without any spaces between digits.
Just above the “Search” button, select the option to search by schedule or by price. You will not be able to use your certificate if you search by award travel.
Click the “Search” button. Select the discounted flights you wish to book, and continue through the booking path until you have completed your purchase.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 9:44 am

Programs: UA Gold/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott Plat
You don't need to go all the way thru to actually hitting the purchase button...just far enough to select both your flights and I believe seats. It will then show the price with the discount applied and a note below saying that you can purchase the flights without the discount for $x (which should be the discounted price plus your ecert value.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 9:50 am

Programs: UA 1K
I'm having the same problem. The ticket is the same price with or without the eCert after trying multiple dates and destinations. I'm chalking this up to another software glitch with the merger.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 10:23 am

I don't think it is a glitch. Usually this situation occurs when your ecert value is over or too close to the base fare.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 10:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AirTravelLover
I don't think it is a glitch. Usually this situation occurs when your ecert value is over or too close to the base fare.

I am very familiar with UA-ecerts. I have not had any problems with them.

Today is the first time I tried to use my e-certs since the website merge.

I used my used ecert and United.COM gave me an error instantly.
I used a valid $100 off code to $250 RT ticket. - "Promotional Offer Applied" - working.
I used a valid $100 off code to $105+tax OW ticket. - "Promotional Offer Applied" no changes on the price.

I have a screenshot. Just annoying

Last edited by poohhead80; Mar 19, 2012 at 10:38 am
Old Mar 19, 2012, 11:06 am
Original Poster

I think I found the problem.

1 Adults (age 18 to 64) $104.00
Additional Taxes/Fees $10.80
Total Price $114.80

It says base fare is $104.00 and tax is $10.80

Somehow, the system says base fare $96.74 and tax $18.06 when I cancelled the ticket

1 Adults (age 18 to 64) $96.74
Taxes/Fees $18.06
Total Price $114.80

Ok.. one more problem.. I also have a paper voucher from overbooked flight - VDB. I called to make a reservation.

Now it says..

1 Adults (age 18 to 64) $104.00
Taxes/Fees $10.80
1 Call Center Fee $25.00
Total Price $139.80

Just funny.

Last edited by poohhead80; Mar 19, 2012 at 11:21 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.