FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   UA Upsell Offers to Business/First at Purchase and Day of Departure (TOD) [Archive] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1324844-ua-upsell-offers-business-first-purchase-day-departure-tod-archive.html)

demkr Jan 8, 2013 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by LarkSFO (Post 20006081)
Disposable income (or a generous expense account) is your friend in this situation! :)

How about a Credit Card? LOL

TommyC80 Jan 10, 2013 11:54 am

Not technically a TOD, but...

JFK-SFO p.s.

K--->PN

Offered: At booking, $609 (Declined)
Offered: Reservation Screen, $360 (Accepted)

PN--->ON

Offered: at check in, $339 (Declined)

Devyan1 Jan 17, 2013 6:17 am

IAH-LAS tomorrow...UA Silver flying on (U) class ticket. Offered $189 at T-24 but R was showing 8 show I naturally declined. Got a CPU no more than 10 seconds later.

Russell745 Jan 19, 2013 4:47 am

EWR-BOS flt 1142 17JAN13
Fare Class P
$69.00 offered at 24 hr check-in
accepted

BOS-EWR flt 464 158JAN13
Fare Class Q
$79.00 offered at 24 Hr
$129.00 offered at kiosk T-2
Declined

Plat Status expired, "Member"

unclpaully Jan 19, 2013 9:56 pm

ORD-BRU, #972; UA Silver. anytime prior to T-24, upgrade was $2500+.

at OLCI (done at T-23 with 24 of 26 BF booked according to mobile app), offer was $500. accepted, as it was ridiculously priced compared to the business fare. booking class listed as "ZN".

This is clearly the type of TOD that I can understand is infuriating. There are (presumably) some premiers wait-listed for a GPU, yet a silver is offered an upgrade for $500 on a B fare (which happened to be very cheaply priced for this route).

escapefromphl Jan 19, 2013 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by unclpaully (Post 20085065)
ORD-BRU, #972;
There are (presumably) some premiers wait-listed for a GPU, yet a silver is offered an upgrade for $500 on a B fare (which happened to be very cheaply priced for this route).

Possibly all cleared, they do need to remove the fare class restriction on GPU's if the want to sell TOD's before GPU's have cleared.

unclpaully Jan 19, 2013 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by escapefromphl (Post 20085116)
Possibly all cleared, they do need to remove the fare class restriction on GPU's if the want to sell TOD's before GPU's have cleared.

there hasn't been any R space available for this flights for months; I've been watching attempting to apply a GPU. I'll admit, it's entirely possible no one is waiting for an upgrade, but it seems rather dubious (or completely understandable depending on which camp you sit in) that no space was available until T-24, then "relatively" cheap upgrade space appeared at check in.

nevansm Jan 20, 2013 7:13 pm

Was offered $69 for ORD-STL tomorrow. 1 seat available, 15 people eligible. I passed, somebody took it as F is booked full now.

nyctravis Jan 29, 2013 7:06 pm

Offered C->F on JFK-LAX tomorrow for $489. Seat map showed 7/12 seats in F available or otherwise unassigned, C booked full.

bocastephen Jan 29, 2013 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by nevansm (Post 20090289)
Was offered $69 for ORD-STL tomorrow. 1 seat available, 15 people eligible. I passed, somebody took it as F is booked full now.

I still can't see how to find or view the list of upgrade eligible competitors...err...customers on a flight. Where is this shown? I generally only use the mobile site to view lists.

FriendlySkies Jan 29, 2013 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by bocastephen (Post 20150568)
I still can't see how to find or view the list of upgrade eligible competitors...err...customers on a flight. Where is this shown? I generally only use the mobile site to view lists.

If you log onto .sux, click flight status, enter the flight # (or city pair), and when you find your flight, click on "United First Upgrade Standby List"

http://www.united.com/web/en-US/apps...ts.aspx?NFT=US

bocastephen Jan 30, 2013 12:55 am

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies (Post 20150581)
If you log onto .sux, click flight status, enter the flight # (or city pair), and when you find your flight, click on "United First Upgrade Standby List"

http://www.united.com/web/en-US/apps...ts.aspx?NFT=US

I see the normal standby list, but I'm still not seeing where the number of upgrade eligible customers are listed.

USFdonWill Jan 30, 2013 2:43 am

Originally Posted by bocastephen (Post 20150943)
I see the normal standby list, but I'm still not seeing where the number of upgrade eligible customers are listed.

When you check-in and there is TOD offer, it will display the number of seats available and the number of upgrade eligible customers.

PV_Premier Feb 6, 2013 8:23 am

SMF-LAX for tomorrow
S fare
Gold member
$89 buy up offer at OLCI with inventory at F1

declined

subsequent flight LAX-ORD is F5 and no buy up offered

PV_Premier Feb 6, 2013 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by ddrost1 (Post 20195737)
SMF-LAX for tomorrow
S fare
Gold member
$89 buy up offer at OLCI with inventory at F1

declined

subsequent flight LAX-ORD is F5 and no buy up offered

LAX-ORD now booked 23/24, no one has moved off the upgrade wait list since I OLCI'd this morning, and still no buy up offered to me.

smells horribly of kettle TOD shenanigans. UA can shove it.