Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA mileage earning on AC (Air Canada) operated flights (P now 150%)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 28, 2017, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

UA mileage earning on AC (Air Canada) operated flights (P now 150%)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2022, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Say Vandelay
I booked a 016/014 itinerary and it is showing the same thing on UA.com. As *G, is there any way to select seats on AC?
016/014 is different. Which one did you book? Earnings for partners show incorrectly on united.com quite frequently. Most seats you can assign online via the manage reservation tool on aircanada.com
Old Jul 27, 2022, 6:40 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
Originally Posted by cfischer
016/014 is different. Which one did you book? Earnings for partners show incorrectly on united.com quite frequently. Most seats you can assign online via the manage reservation tool on aircanada.com
I was trying to do everything as 016 but the travel agency forced me to do 016 for the UA flight and 014 for the return on AC to save $. They both show up on both websites and I can select my UA seat on UA.com. I tried seat selection on AC and it looks like they want to charge me even for a standard seat. Since it is a E170 and a short flight, I guess I should just wait until check-in?
Old Jul 27, 2022, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
I booked a 016/014 itinerary and it is showing the same thing on UA.com. As *G, is there any way to select seats on AC?
They dont even let their own elites select seats for free, so no, there is no way until 24hrs before the flight.
Say Vandelay likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by rankourabu
They dont even let their own elites select seats for free, so no, there is no way until 24hrs before the flight.
Correct. No seat selection for free unless you book a flex fare or above. Exception is if you are traveling with a minor (12 or under, I think...maybe its 14) where they will basically put you in seats together, but don't let you pick which seats (not necessarily all - 1 adult with the minor, you have to call, or it will be done automatically a few days before the flight). My experience is that by default, they put you way at the back of the plane, even when there are lots of empty seats everywhere else, and YMMV on calling to be asked to be moved up in advance - I've had occasional requests honored, but also had them refused.
Say Vandelay likes this.
Old May 18, 2023, 1:25 am

Programs: UA Platinum, AF, Chase, Hyatt Explorist
I just booked SFO-YVR roundtrip on united.com. Ticket is on 016 stock obviously, but both flights are on AC. The outbound flight is AC mainline, but the return is operated by Jazz. Fare code is Q outbound, G return.

United.com is telling me that the return on Jazz will earn 0 PQF, 0 PQP, and 0 RDM. This is just a united.com mistake with it not recognizing Jazz as a partner, right? The flight actually will earn status credit, right? If it doesn't, then I'll change to another flight.
Old May 18, 2023, 2:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by char777
I just booked SFO-YVR roundtrip on united.com. Ticket is on 016 stock obviously, but both flights are on AC. The outbound flight is AC mainline, but the return is operated by Jazz. Fare code is Q outbound, G return.

United.com is telling me that the return on Jazz will earn 0 PQF, 0 PQP, and 0 RDM. This is just a united.com mistake with it not recognizing Jazz as a partner, right? The flight actually will earn status credit, right? If it doesn't, then I'll change to another flight.
You got it right. UA's IT is terrible. AC Jazz earns like regular AC
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 18, 2023, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by char777

to be fair, the reason for the display error may or may not be related to the Jazz-operated flight. Partner accrual rates are frequently off - and I’ve even seen all UA/UAX itins show 0 miles earned.

further, no matter what the before display shows, it will almost certainly post correctly. Through multiple partner and UA flights, the only time I’ve personally had issues with accruals posting properly are when they are affected by IRROPS. Even if, it’s usuallly a quick process to request the miles and they’ll post just fine.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 19, 2023, 12:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by emcampbe
to be fair, the reason for the display error may or may not be related to the Jazz-operated flight. Partner accrual rates are frequently off - and I’ve even seen all UA/UAX itins show 0 miles earned.

further, no matter what the before display shows, it will almost certainly post correctly. Through multiple partner and UA flights, the only time I’ve personally had issues with accruals posting properly are when they are affected by IRROPS. Even if, it’s usuallly a quick process to request the miles and they’ll post just fine.
It's a common problem for AC Jazz or LX op by WK etc.
Old Jun 13, 2023, 10:39 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by cfischer
You got it right. UA's IT is terrible. AC Jazz earns like regular AC
Problem is still there. Traveling EWR-YHZ in July on a UA code share flown by AC Jazz. Showing no PQP. Expensive ticket, so hoping no issues getting the PQP.

Old Jun 13, 2023, 11:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by tarheelnj
Problem is still there. Traveling EWR-YHZ in July on a UA code share flown by AC Jazz. Showing no PQP. Expensive ticket, so hoping no issues getting the PQP.

2hours on a Q400?

Better get an aisle seat and bring some ear plugs
Say Vandelay likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2023, 11:34 am

you won't have issues getting it. It always posts for me.
Old Jun 13, 2023, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tarheelnj
I just booked a ticket last weekend incl. YYZ-BOS ... showing 0 PQP/miles. It's a well-known problem w/ the display; these have always credited correctly for me
Old Jun 13, 2023, 2:03 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by bocastephen
2hours on a Q400?

Better get an aisle seat and bring some ear plugs
Yes to both - only nonstop from EWR so no other direct option. All Y aircraft. The only extra legroom option is bulkhead, but they want $33 for them, even the right bulkhead window seat, which SeatGuru and aeroLOPA both say has no window.

Last edited by tarheelnj; Jun 13, 2023 at 2:10 pm Reason: spell check
Old Jul 24, 2023, 9:12 am

Programs: BA Silver
I'm pricing out some flights to Canada from the US via the United website and it is telling me that I will earn 0 miles and 0 points for these flights (even though 1 leg would be in 1st class). The flights are operated by AC Jazz Express. Does anyone have recent experience of actually receiving miles and points for such bookings?
Old Jul 24, 2023, 1:34 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
Originally Posted by IADit
I'm pricing out some flights to Canada from the US via the United website and it is telling me that I will earn 0 miles and 0 points for these flights (even though 1 leg would be in 1st class). The flights are operated by AC Jazz Express. Does anyone have recent experience of actually receiving miles and points for such bookings?
My experience was from last year but I received 1 PQF, 49 PQP and 429 miles for a Jazz operated flight to the US. That was less than half the PQP and miles I got for the outbound on UAX. UA.com never showed me earning anything for that reservation, but sure enough a few days afterwards they posted and were consistent with the AC partner calculation for my short hop on a low fare.
IADit likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.