Community
Wiki Posts
Search

March 2 - MM and no card

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2012, 7:15 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
1K here and no card. Flying out at midnight tonight and will out of the country for over a week - on a *A partner.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 7:18 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat; UA GS (via MM companion); SPG
1K, SF, no card in today's mail. Fail.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 7:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Not sure if it helps those traveling internationally, but I was able to print a paper copy of my new 1K card from the pss.united.com website yesterday.

Otherwise, no frosty white joy in my cold and rainy Seattle mailbox. Two trips next week, so hopefully Monday will bring satisfaction.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 7:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1.6MM
1k (infinite) in Fort Lauderdale and no new card.... I'm not liking this new merged screw up.....
Old Mar 2, 2012, 7:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

No 1K card here in Virginia. They had how long to get this done?
Old Mar 2, 2012, 7:38 pm
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: UA GS 3MM, NH PLT
I'm in the SF Bay Area, and just received my card today.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 7:42 pm

Programs: UA 1k, SPG Gold, Nexus, Global Entry
Long time follower of the forum, first time posting. Love what you guys have done with the forums.

Still have yet to receive my card in Toronto. I have got a flight coming up in a few days with a partner, good thing I am flying business.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 7:51 pm

Programs: Former 1KMM now free as UA Gold MM, former HH D, Marriott Lifetime Plat
No 1K card here. My 1P/Prem Exec/Premier Gold spouse got hers four days ago. What bozo sends out the lower tiers first?

My next flight is Monday a.m.; one more day for USPS to deliver. Here's hoping my boarding pass is sufficient for next week's international itinerary.

Fundamentally, I cannot figure out why they had to wait until now to deliver the cards. They have known my status since November, and four months later, still no card. Worst case, they take everyone's status on 12/31, send those cards, and then update in February with those whose combined status actually changed in the closing days of the year. Instead, they've tried to penny-pinch this and wait until the last minute. Saving the cost of the stupid sticker mailing would have covered this for everyone. Fail indeed.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 8:16 pm
dfe
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K/MM; *A Gold Life; CX Gold; Marriott Platinum LT; SPG Plat; HHonors Diamond
Got Mine at the 11th Hour

I fretted all day that my new 1K card had not arrived but decided to wait until mail delivery tomorrow before calling. Then about mid-day FedEx droped off the package. My FedEx driver said that she had beeen delivering a whole bunch of these packages all day.

It was in a nice gift box with the new 1K MM card; a nice personalized MM luggage tag; 10 drink chits; a congtraulatory note on being MM; and a nice upscale 1K brochure. Overall it was a nice package and I am quite happy.

By the way on my NRT-ORD flight two days ago the FA who was taking meal orders said "I am happy to recognize you as a member of the Million Mile Flyer Club". When I made my selection she said "you got it" without any consideration for my second choice. I had no idea that the manifest identified 1K MM. I just presumed that all 1K's were dumped in the same bucket.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 8:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by dfe

By the way on my NRT-ORD flight two days ago the FA who was taking meal orders said "I am happy to recognize you as a member of the Million Mile Flyer Club". When I made my selection she said "you got it" without any consideration for my second choice. I had no idea that the manifest identified 1K MM. I just presumed that all 1K's were dumped in the same bucket.
But how long will it remain on the manifest? Knowing how things seem to be going, it will be replaced by what fare class our ticket that day is.

Last edited by Renard; Mar 2, 2012 at 8:40 pm
Old Mar 2, 2012, 8:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.3M Lifetime, Mariott Plat for life
Originally Posted by Renard
But how long will it remain on the manifest? Knowing how things seem to be going, it will be replaced by what fare class our ticket that day is.
Sadly, you may be right. I'm been a MM for nearly 10 yrs and it's a rare event for anyone at UA to recognize me for my patronage. I don't expect that to change now that I've crossed 2MM. Dave
Old Mar 2, 2012, 8:55 pm

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
IK-Neither my wife or I have gotten cards yet.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
None here and I have an international trip shortly.

On the plus side I will be in business class, so I won't have any trouble accessing the lounge.

But still a big to UA - this is surely a sign of how bad the computer merger will be in a few days. Thankfully I am on LH.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 9:34 pm

Programs: UA 1MM (now flying with SQ)
1K MM in SF Bay Area. Nothing today.

Nothing for the other two 1MM's in my household either. Great Job , United!
Old Mar 2, 2012, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by flyer215
1K, SF, no card in today's mail. Fail.
Another unlucky in the SF Bay Area

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.