FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   March 3rd, 2012 System Integration Master Thread (PSS) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1319984-march-3rd-2012-system-integration-master-thread-pss.html)

Love2flyfirst Mar 3, 2012 11:12 am

What a mess

I cannot book a new flight print boarding pass and do other funcitons...due to the fact I have to use IE and get error "your system needsto support 128 encription. Well UNITED tell that to my company whose computer I use for travel...... On the line with 1k desk on hold for 20 minutes!!!!!!!!!!! have to fly tomorrow ugh! Hope this is not the "New United" may need to look for a new carrier

edcho Mar 3, 2012 11:13 am

Originally Posted by Love2flyfirst (Post 18125761)
I cannot book a new flight print boarding pass and do other funcitons...due to the fact I hace to use IE and get error neet to support 128 encription. On the line with 1k desk on hold for 20 minutes!!!!!!!!!!! have to fly tomorrow ugh!

Try chrome?

exerda Mar 3, 2012 11:15 am

Originally Posted by naumank (Post 18125724)
By the way, can someone tell me how my wife can log into her account? She never had a CO account and we never bothered to log into united Hub. It looks United Hub doesn't allow access into the Personalized Page anymore.

Have her try her PMUA MP # and password.

That should work and should show her her new OPdbaMP #, and allow her to set her PIN, as well as create a username & password to use instead.

PlaneGeek19 Mar 3, 2012 11:18 am

Originally Posted by exerda (Post 18125779)
Have her try her PMUA MP # and password.

That should work and should show her her new OPdbaMP #, and allow her to set her PIN, as well as create a username & password to use instead.

If that does not work go to forgot pin and fallow the steps worked for me

jfk747 Mar 3, 2012 11:19 am

Cant' even log on now ! Grrrr!

cohighcountry1k Mar 3, 2012 11:21 am

Computers down in SAN. Waiting 30 min to check in and no one able to check in. Why did I need to check a bag today?!

Update: Now told it's a system wide problem by supervisor and they will take flight delays to accommodate the system problems.

goalie Mar 3, 2012 11:22 am

Happy to report that my a/c, goalie-mom's, goalie-dad's and goalie-sis's accounts all migrated over correctly ^ so only the following items for me are.....

• My earlier post about an offer to buy up to business on a PS flight where I am currently waitlisted
  • The iPhone app* shows everything correctly except the number of PQS's as both myself and goalie-parents have an extra 1/2 segment showing correctly via the website but not on the mobile app (14.5 for me shows as 14 and 2.5 for my folks shows as 2)

Now I know I said it earlier but it deserves to said again-Thank you Shannon for all your hard work ^^^^

*maybe it's me but the iPhone app is <inserting my Boston accent> wikid fastah now ^

Love2flyfirst Mar 3, 2012 11:25 am

Chrome? what's that?

nuspieds Mar 3, 2012 11:25 am

I have two correctly showing reservations, but I do not see anywhere that I am waitlisted for the upgrade.

Is this information listed somewhere I didn't look or should I be concerned that I'm not on the upgrade list?

Love2flyfirst Mar 3, 2012 11:27 am

Originally Posted by Love2flyfirst (Post 18125849)
Chrome? what's that?

Originally Posted by edcho (Post 18125766)
Try chrome?

What's Chrome...thanks

edcho Mar 3, 2012 11:27 am

Originally Posted by Love2flyfirst (Post 18125849)
Chrome? what's that?

https://chrome.google.com -- Much faster than IE and FF.

wajiheffendi Mar 3, 2012 11:29 am

wow - 50 minute wait on the elite line. is there a new platinum elite number (Premier 1K) that I don't know about?

nmenaker Mar 3, 2012 11:30 am

Seems I now have a middle name (initial at least), which I have never had and my birthday is wrong, seems to be shown in european format with day first, then month, then year.

WHERE could this information have possibly come from?

aacharya Mar 3, 2012 11:30 am

Originally Posted by wajiheffendi (Post 18125878)
wow - 50 minute wait on the elite line. is there a new platinum elite number (Premier 1K) that I don't know about?

Back of your card.

DeaconFlyer Mar 3, 2012 11:31 am

Originally Posted by nuspieds (Post 18125851)
I have two correctly showing reservations, but I do not see anywhere that I am waitlisted for the upgrade.

Is this information listed somewhere I didn't look or should I be concerned that I'm not on the upgrade list?

You are automatically waitlisted.

exerda Mar 3, 2012 11:32 am

Just checked my wife's account, and she's missing her lifetime miles, but otherwise looks fine. Mine is now correct, too ^, unless I see the double-pulled-SWU (or GPU or whatever they're calling them now) show up later.

dfreeman02 Mar 3, 2012 11:32 am

Looking at a SFO-JFK-SFO itinerary where one segment is waitlisted with RPU, the following message appears in both segments:

"Your Regional Upgrade is restricted by fare class and may not be used on this part of your trip"

aacharya Mar 3, 2012 11:32 am

I cannot book a new flight print boarding pass and do other funcitons...due to the fact I have to use IE and get error "your system needsto support 128 encription. Well UNITED tell that to my company whose computer I use for travel...... On the line with 1k desk on hold for 20 minutes!!!!!!!!!!! have to fly tomorrow ugh! Hope this is not the "New United" may need to look for a new carrier

Umm, hyperbole much?

mobile.united.com?

borrow another computer for now to get a BP?

Ecuacoflyer Mar 3, 2012 11:33 am

Same for me

Originally Posted by c1mth0g (Post 18125166)
I've the same problem - do you have future itineraries where the upgrade has been used (whether or not confirmed, waitlisted or even for someone else?) I'm guessing that upgrades got deducted twice in that case.

Others have been reporting that if you click on the incorrect GPU/RPU total, the breakdown by expiration date is correct. This is the case for me as well.

The RPU totals are correct but only the popup for the GPU is correct.

halls120 Mar 3, 2012 11:35 am

Originally Posted by exerda (Post 18125676)

Try clearing your cookies... I haven't done that myself yet, but I expect that the old UA.com cookies are there and not being properly overwritten with the new ones. Or, the site has yet another busted aspect and one which QA should have caught.

I think it is a glitch. I cleaned out my cookies, and if I use https://pss.united.com/web/en-US/default.aspx, it remembers me. If I use http://www.united.com/web/en-US/default.aspx, it does not.

love_to_travel Mar 3, 2012 11:35 am

All my info converted correctly:
  • RDM balance correctly merged
  • RDM expiration date is correct
  • RPU balance is correct
  • RPU expiration dates are correct
  • GPU balance is correct
  • GPU expiration dates are correct
  • MileagePlus Status correctly updated
  • Star Alliance Status is correct
  • EQM balance correctly merged
  • EQM segments correctly merged
  • FEQM balance is correct
  • Lifetime Miles balance correctly merged
  • Previous reservations still intact with new Confirmation Codes
  • Previously selected seat assignments are correct
:-: Congrats to the IT team for making this work seamlessly (at least for me)

Now if only I could get my Preimer 1K credentials, all would be well. I wonder how long I should wait before I PM, e-mail, call, write snail mail, etc.

Oh and one last thing, if UA Insider could please officially confirm or deny the gate pass policy (GG CHECKPOINT 53) that would allow a United Club member to get through security on a day that they are not flying, I would really appreciate it. Actually what would be even better is if UA Insider came to HNL and personally instructed all the UA staff here about the policy. If you do end up coming, dinner's on me! Alan Wong's anyone? :)

c1mth0g Mar 3, 2012 11:36 am

Originally Posted by ldpeters (Post 18125737)
"Your Regional Upgrade is restricted by fare class and may not be used on this part of your trip"

I have a number of PS flights (SFO-JFK-SFO) coming up. I booked them as pre-integration CO flight numbers, and so could not apply my pre-integration UA upgrades.

These were booked as fully refundable "B" fares, and are showing as "United Economy (B)" on the new web site.

However, when I try to upgrade, I get the following message:
I can still upgrade using Systemwides or 10k miles. This seems like a glitch... Anybody else having this issue?

Check the first post on this thread - I think this may be a known issue.

CASAFlyer Mar 3, 2012 11:37 am

Originally Posted by cawhite (Post 18125547)
Similar to others, that's exactly what happened (they were pulled when I booked earlier this week and then pulled again today). Hoping this will all be sorted out through the upcoming week and we won't have to chase them down.

I had a reserved SWU that had cleared for a march trip, and it looks like the SWU got pulled on 2/25. I had no other available SWUs in the account, so no double pulling on 3/3 for me. PNR looks OK and confirmed in R (now "BusinessFirst"). Hopefully the fix to the double pulling bug will not mess up my reservation...

Conversion fine for me and pretty smooth process IMHO, although I really miss the detailed upgrade balance on PMUA website.

astroflyer Mar 3, 2012 11:39 am

Just my update:
1) Seat Reservations: 7/8 intact, 1 vanished
2) Upgrades: One of my itineraries is a mess (has a mix of GPU's and RPU's applied). One of the domestic itineraries has me wait-listed for ON (which I guess is a known issue). Also C on a 3-class config is now called BusinessFirst? I know there was a thread on this before, but I'm somewhat confused.
3) Miles: Very weird, so I see the transfer of UA miles in the transaction listings, but the total doesn't show an updated value. Lifetime miles are correct, but this year's EQM is wrong.
Logging out and logging back in fixed the miles. Seat assignments also stuck

Now, I'm willing to forgive all of this if my flight tomorrow goes well:D

rkeyser Mar 3, 2012 11:39 am

Has anyone been able to talk to an LIVE AGENT!

My account is all screwed up. I have no miles, but I'm not too worried as I expect them to fix this soon.

My reservations are all screwed starting with my trip tomorrow morning. So I try calling the premier line.

The fist call I wanted over 1 hour and got disconnected. The second call I waited over 45 minutes and got disconnected. Has anyone been able to talk to an LIVE AGENT!!!

c1mth0g Mar 3, 2012 11:42 am

GPU/RPU balances

For those whose GPU and RPU balances are correct, can you confirm that you have not reserved/used them for any future itineraries (either for yourself or for someone else?)

A number of us have incorrect GPU/RPU balances (they were correct early this morning and the breakdown by expiration is still correct) and we are guessing that this because they were double pulled for future itineraries.

love_to_travel Mar 3, 2012 11:45 am

Originally Posted by c1mth0g (Post 18125967)
For those whose GPU and RPU balances are correct, can you confirm that you have not reserved/used them for any future itineraries (either for yourself or for someone else?)

I can confirm this. My RPU and GPU balances are correct with correct expiration dates, however like you said I have no future travel where I used a RPU or GPU. All my RPU and GPU activity was before 03-Mar-2012. If the system is double pulling, I wonder what happens to accounts that don't have enough balance for the double pull, will they get negative balances?

astroflyer Mar 3, 2012 11:47 am

Interesting O/W Flight Data

Looks like I can book a O/W international flight, e.g. SFO-PEK in W for less than half of the RT amount. I think this is probably a bug, as I could never even book these O/W for any reasonable amount on the old site. It's especially weird that you can book two O/W fares in W for about $150 < than a RT in W.

Also, it looks like it's incorrectly pricing *A flights on this route, namely, it will only price the Air China flight out in Y. It returned a much lower fare for Air China yesterday on this route (RT).

CDKing Mar 3, 2012 11:49 am

Originally Posted by UA Insider (Post 18114732)
[*]Upgraded tickets displaying, “A modification has been made . . .” message.

I get this on a non-upgraded ticket. Not flying until end of April so i'll let things work themselves out. Its a reservation that had a schedule change prior to the system integration and was booked through Orbitz

c1mth0g Mar 3, 2012 11:50 am

Originally Posted by love_to_travel (Post 18125986)
I can confirm this. My RPU and GPU balances are correct with correct expiration dates, however like you said I have no future travel where I used a RPU or GPU. All my RPU and GPU activity was before 03-Mar-2012. If the system is double pulling, I wonder what happens to accounts that don't have enough balance for the double pull, will they get negative balances?

CASAFlyer is in this situation. According to him his upgraded reservation looks ok.

exerda Mar 3, 2012 11:50 am

Originally Posted by c1mth0g (Post 18125967)

As of right now, mine are still correct. I do have 1x future itin which has a RPU reserved (for a p.s. flight) and 1x with 2 GPUs reserved. My upgrade info has been correct all day, including before/after they got my miles copied over correctly. ^

I think the double-pulling explanation is correct, but it's not affecting everyone, so the circumstances aren't exactly clear.

Originally Posted by halls120 (Post 18125922)
I think it is a glitch. I cleaned out my cookies, and if I use https://pss.united.com/web/en-US/default.aspx, it remembers me. If I use http://www.united.com/web/en-US/default.aspx, it does not.

Good catch. That's definitely a software issue, then. They're probably issuing the cookie for pss.united.com instead of just for united.com, or something to that effect. Shouldn't be a huge deal to fix, but I don't know how soon to expect them to fix it with other issues going on.

Originally Posted by DeaconFlyer (Post 18125888)
You are automatically waitlisted.

Correction: you are supposed to be automatically waitlisted. I've had several PMCO flights where that never happened. For two, I missed the upgrade because of it, and in one watched a CO Silver get u/g'd at the gate when I as a CO Plat sat in Y.

That was one thing the "Upgrade: Pending" and "Upgrade: Waitlisted" really helped with: showing when there was a problem. If my flight stayed at "Pending" after the window (or didn't show "Pending" or "Waitlisted" at all), I knew to call in and get it fixed.

CO had the superior waitlist display inside T-24, where you can see your position. But the lack of any feedback that you're actually waitlisted or are pending can be a problem.

exerda Mar 3, 2012 11:55 am

What does a big, yellow star (:-:) next to a price mean in fare searches on the new UA.com? I don't see a key anywhere explaining it, and can't tell just from the price and inventory on the different flights.

johnmont Mar 3, 2012 11:56 am

It's perfectly reasonable to require a browser to support 128-bit encryption for secure transactions. Take the time to a Google search and you should be able to enable this easily if it is an IE version that's been released in the last 4 years.

goingbananas Mar 3, 2012 11:58 am

Originally Posted by exerda (Post 18126057)
What does a big, yellow star (:-:) next to a price mean in fare searches on the new UA.com? I don't see a key anywhere explaining it, and can't tell just from the price and inventory on the different flights.

Isn't the yellow star a Y/B/M-up is available on that flight?

edcho Mar 3, 2012 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by goingbananas (Post 18126082)
Isn't the yellow star a Y/B/M-up is available on that flight?

No -- I believe it is an indication of a special low fare.

zombietooth Mar 3, 2012 12:01 pm

GPU and RPU balances are OK in our 2 accounts.

However, we lost all of our BF seat assignments on our international itineraries.
--Called MP about this (was on hold for 20 min) and the seats are gone and cannot be recovered.

Very unhappy about losing ALL of my BF seat assignments!

cheltzel Mar 3, 2012 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by exerda (Post 18126029)

Good catch. That's definitely a software issue, then. They're probably issuing the cookie for pss.united.com instead of just for united.com, or something to that effect. Shouldn't be a huge deal to fix, but I don't know how soon to expect them to fix it with other issues going on.

There are still a lot of internal pages using the pss.united.com host name.

When I display my account using FF, I am using the url

https://pss.united.com/web/en-US/app...ount.aspx?SI=1

exerda Mar 3, 2012 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by johnmont (Post 18126064)
It's perfectly reasonable to require a browser to support 128-bit encryption for secure transactions. Take the time to a Google search and you should be able to enable this easily if it is an IE version that's been released in the last 4 years.

The problem isn't that the browser doesn't support 128-bit encryption, but that the website is misconfigured. People who are experiencing this problem are using browsers which support 256-bit SSL, so it's not a lack of security capability on the users' ends.

YoYoGodMom Mar 3, 2012 12:04 pm

PIN?

I have only MP # and can login with my new MP 8 digit # and old MP password. But what is the PIN default to? How do I change my PIN? (the reminder doesn't seem to help me at all)

p.s. Currently on the phone to ticket my international award reservation...hope they don't need the PIN Orz

flyer215 Mar 3, 2012 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by johnmont (Post 18126064)

This is not actually the crux of the issue, but UA_Insider has posted they are aware of the real problem (they hard coded 'http://' links to insecure javascript ads inside secure pages), and looking into it.

Yes, if you mess with enough settings, you can turn off enough security to allow it to work with IE, but many people at work aren't allowed to do this, and, they should not have to-- it is a security design error with the website.