FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   March 3rd, 2012 System Integration Master Thread (PSS) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1319984-march-3rd-2012-system-integration-master-thread-pss.html)

flyer215 Mar 21, 2012 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by feobrien (Post 18247910)
Yes, I'm experiencing the same problem. Express flights EWR <-> ATL taken 15 days ago have not posted, yet yesterdays flight EWR->MCI posted today. Go figure. Also even posted filghts like yesterday's while posted are no showing accumulation in year to date premier or lifetime miles. Very odd.

Lately I've found that RDMs show up first, and generally a day or two later, the PQM and lifetime numbers adjust themselves properly. FWIW.

PDXPremier Mar 21, 2012 7:59 pm

Just noticed row 2 on the 757 is an exit row so I guess that bug still remains...looked for it but didn't see it on the Master List of problems....randomly checked my seat assignments and of course we were booted from our "exit row" seats until I managed to re-assigned to other seats in the F cabin...weird bug.

Landice Mar 21, 2012 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by tabachoi (Post 18247152)
Hello,

My miles on United Express flights are not being posted or are very delayed. I see miles for subsequent United flights that I've taken being posted but I'm still waiting on my miles for UA Express taken about a week ago.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Yes, I'm 13 days in and still no miles posting. All other segments have already posted.

goalie Mar 21, 2012 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by flyer215 (Post 18247990)

Originally Posted by feobrien (Post 18247910)
Yes, I'm experiencing the same problem. Express flights EWR <-> ATL taken 15 days ago have not posted, yet yesterdays flight EWR->MCI posted today. Go figure. Also even posted filghts like yesterday's while posted are no showing accumulation in year to date premier or lifetime miles. Very odd.

Lately I've found that RDMs show up first, and generally a day or two later, the PQM and lifetime numbers adjust themselves properly. FWIW.

Let's see if you're right as my RDM's along with my PQS's for my flights on 3/19 posted today but no PQM's or lifetime miles posted. Now with being said, as bad as the bomb was, at least it functioned properly as opposed to some regional airline formerly known as CO trying to be a real airline now known as COdbaUA but sorry, CO, there was and only will be one real United Airlines and you should be ashamed of yourselves for not only treating your loyal customers so poorly but also for not being honest and up front about the fact that there are problems-major problems.

IHAVETOFLY Mar 21, 2012 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by worldexpress (Post 18245409)
UA Insider, collectively, must have gotten frustrated and angry and quit, telling Smisek to take "this job and you know what" on the way out.

I would, too, if I was fed bs garbage to relay to the educated masses.

Originally Posted by Boghopper (Post 18246893)
No updates in the master list for the past six days. Not a good sign, things must be deteriorating as the fixes to the errors cause more errors.

Originally Posted by Pegasus23;18247454[B
]I'm not an insider, nor even know the UA Insiders....yet I miss them.[/B] They did display over a considerable period of time Excellence in knowing the New & Old UACO product; and helped quite a few FT's.

I figure since they were so familiar with most if not all of the systems, they were recruited to go out and about, sharing their knowledge....in various locales. I mean there has to be a plan "B" !

I hope they will be folded into the new group being formed to manage the "New New UA" .....cause the "New UA on paper" just didn't take into consideration, wait for it......... chaos! In the "New UA paper plan" emphasis is on control, and lack of transparency. In the process they also blinded their employees...........

These three quotes are representative of what some other FTers may be thinking about the absence of an update from UAInsider since March 15.

First of all, UAInsider has not quit. I have seen their recent activity show up in their profile and they have been looking here in this Forum every day.

Secondly, in my opinion, they have not updated because they likely do not have anything significant to add to post #1. I do not think that they need to come on each day and say "Update today...nothing new to report on all of these issues." They have listed the known issues in post #1 and I assume will report on them when they have some solid information to report.

Thirdly, I do not think UAInsider has total intimate knowledge of each system. They take our PMs and read this thread to get our feedback. They then pass the information on to the proper departments within UA. When they get information back, they update post #1.

But I'm find it interesting that some may miss them. There has been some UAInsider bashing in some other threads in this forum. I am glad they are working on our behalf and do not expect them to respond to each PM individually. Some on this forum are upset because they have not received a personal PM back from UAInsider. There are likely hundreds of PMs and they cannot take the time to respond to each. However, I feel confident that they are passing on the information contained in the PMs to the proper departments to collect data from which each department can further investigate. It is possible also that their superiors have held them back on posting new updates at this time. Speculation could be that things are getting worse...but they could also be improving. Reports in some other threads seem to indicate that some problems are starting to gradually get solved. We do not know how representative the persons posting in this Forum are of the entire United MilegePlus system. However, the persons posting on FT are certainly uninhibited in posting their opinions. I grant you, many persons are frustrated and angry.

I am glad that UAInsider is a presence in this Forum, even though they may not update this thread each day. I have gotten more information from their updates that I have from the United updates page on hub.united.com, which are vague and lack the specifics that UAInsider's information have given to us.

nmenaker Mar 21, 2012 9:20 pm

I gotta say, the ON HOLD is ridiculous. I've just spent 45 minutes on hold on the Platinum line trying to book an international ticket. Still on hold. DURING that entire on hold process, I used the CLICK TO CALL to the website, (not sure on what blog I saw that) and they took the reservation, booked the award tickets, took my payment, it shows up on my account, etc. Now, I'm HANGING UP THE DAMB PHONE with the USELESS PLATINUM desk because this new continental call center can't do crap.

It USED to be that one could actually CALL the airline and get a hold of someone in lets just say, LESS than five minutes (as a 1k, 1P EVEN), now you never know - am I going to be on hold 20 minutes or 2 HOURS

(okay, rant over, but seriously this is just stupid)

Pegasus23 Mar 21, 2012 9:43 pm

Contrary to "I have to fly's" post #2407 Here is my post in context & without added numbers:

I'm not an insider, nor know the UA Insiders....yet I miss them. They did display over a considerable period of time Excellence in knowing the New & Old UACO product; and helped quite a few FT's.

I figure since they were so familiar with most if not all of the systems, they were recruited to go out and about, sharing their knowledge....in various locales. I mean there has to be a plan "B" !

I hope they will be folded into the new group being formed to manage the "New New UA" .....cause the "New UA on paper" just didn't take into consideration, wait for it......... chaos! In the "New UA paper plan" emphasis is on control, and lack of transparency. In the process they also blinded their employees.

Thus we have the blind leading the blind. I have personally witnessed so many creative answers on the phone and at the gate, based on moving the customer to another blind or dead end.

As the worlds largest airline, I would hope the UA board finds a leader with vision, is able to attract managers with ability to manage complexity, a leader to promote belonging, excellence, and can inspire the best of so many dedicated airline professionals.

kiam Mar 21, 2012 11:02 pm

24 hrs rule is based on when a ticket is issued, not booked.

Originally Posted by OtleyFlyer (Post 18245370)

Originally Posted by goalie (Post 18245276)

There-now I feel better and thanks for letting me rant :)

You have my sympathies - I cancelled a flight that failed to ticket after 20 hours because it was clear it wasn't going to emerge from batch hell before the free 24 hour cancellation deadline, and in the meantime the R availability I spotted had gone away....

dls25 Mar 21, 2012 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by nmenaker (Post 18248715)
I gotta say, the ON HOLD is ridiculous. I've just spent 45 minutes on hold on the Platinum line trying to book an international ticket. Still on hold. DURING that entire on hold process, I used the CLICK TO CALL to the website, (not sure on what blog I saw that) and they took the reservation, booked the award tickets, took my payment, it shows up on my account, etc. Now, I'm HANGING UP THE DAMB PHONE with the USELESS PLATINUM desk because this new continental call center can't do crap.

It USED to be that one could actually CALL the airline and get a hold of someone in lets just say, LESS than five minutes (as a 1k, 1P EVEN), now you never know - am I going to be on hold 20 minutes or 2 HOURS

(okay, rant over, but seriously this is just stupid)

I got tired of this and started using Skype to call the foreign offices. I have called Delhi, Lagos, Port of Spain, and Santo Domingo and have gotten through to a live person right away (as long as I call during their business hours). The POS and SDQ staff were particularly helpful and nice. I don't know about booking tickets through them however...I just used them for seat assignments and ticket sync issues.

kiam Mar 21, 2012 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by Buzzman (Post 18243375)
I've read back a bit and it seems that many post 3/3 flights have posted.... but mine remain locked at pre 3/4... I had a R/T SNA-MKE on the 10th and it's not there, although when I went in and request mileage credit, it stated it had already posted...

My flights on march 6 and 9 were posted correctly about 7 days later. Both were originally CO coded flights (operated also) and my membership number was OnePass. Wondering if those delays have anything to do with crediting to old UA MP number?

musing Mar 21, 2012 11:23 pm

M upgrades for Platinum?

Was just looking at LAX-BWI flights and got a flight result with an M fare that had the link below it that said "Platinum Elite Upgrade Fare".

Maybe a preview of increased benefits for Premier Platinum for next year. :rolleyes:

WineCountryUA Mar 22, 2012 12:20 am

Originally Posted by musing (Post 18249202)
Was just looking at LAX-BWI flights and got a flight result with an M fare that had the link below it that said "Platinum Elite Upgrade Fare".

Maybe a preview of increased benefits for Premier Platinum for next year. :rolleyes:

more likely a label error -- there are numerous other similiar errors on the site. For awhile 1Ks were mising from various descriptions of elites or in the messaging system for customer support.

130 fsw Mar 22, 2012 12:42 am

I know that COdbaUA does do "instant ticketing" and I can live with waiting a day or two but NOT 10 days!

[snip]

I called reservations today and was told that "everything is fine" with my reservations but reservations waiting to be ticketed are being handled based on travel dates with those closer in being ticketed first. :eek:

Based on what's happened with IRROPs I suppose one shouldn't be surprised at how long it is taking to ticket, but reservations/ticketing seems FUBAR to me at this point. (Along with gate/boarding, upgrades and mileage posting). At least they get you there, oops unless you are going to China. :td:

How can a company in 2012 not be able to do ecommerce effectively? The first time I lose upgrade space due to ticketing delay is the last time I make a rez on COdbaUA.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/18238626-post5.html

Paper tickets!

cricketer Mar 22, 2012 1:02 am

I'm seeing my miles post fine since 3/3. Actually haven't had any major issues apart from ostensibly weather related delays. I say ostensibly, because in one case the pilot made a point of blaming UA and computer systems. On that flight we even waited just outside our gate for about 15 minutes because the guides hadn't shown up, and eventually we went ahead without the two extra CO-style guides at the wings because we got fed up of waiting. You know the ones - that have no impact on safety but apparently make things look safer.

Talked to a couple of gate agents today, after I arrived in the nick of time to catch an earlier flight to my destination at SFO. What was an easy switch at the gate with fastair took a couple of minutes more with SHARES. But the agent knew what he was doing and handled it fine. When I talked to him and his co-worker though, they were far from impressed, but they were keeping positive and they handled this flight very well.

One thing i have noticed on all my flights so far since PSS - the amount of time we spend on board *after* boarding and *before* closing the doors has gone up an order of magnitude. And on two out of five segments we've wound up leaving with at least one F seat empty with people on the upgrade list. Surely this is not how every single CO flight is run? That's just hard to comprehend.

RTWSTARALLIANCE Mar 22, 2012 6:18 am

Using UA e-cert now. Path?

Need to book flights for end of May. Are there any threads or paths outlined for using e-certs received from Customer Relations prior to 3/3 on the SHARES system? Any assist or link appreciated. Thanks.

Just got done with award redeposit. While talking with very competent agent asked about e-cert use. She said I can do that for you. I gave her the e-cert which she looked up and validated. Was not ready to ticket but that is something new for me. Agent being able to apply over phone. Still would like to know online use option. Thank you.

johnston21 Mar 22, 2012 7:27 am

When using a Regional or Global Upgrade, the specifics are shown as an additional lag "following the originals."

In my case, I have a 2-lag trip, and upgraded the 1'st of the 2. It's shown as Lag 2 first, followed by Lag 1.

This resulted in me not being able to check-in until 24hrs before the 2'nd lag, and then the 1'st lag was not printing a boarding pass.

A call to 1K reservations resulted in them being put in the correct order, and although my seat assignment for the 2'nd Lag is showing online, the boarding pass for this 2'nd Lag shows "See Agent."

denis in denver Mar 22, 2012 8:34 am

3 weeks

It is now 3 weeks since I emailed UA about an issue. 2 days after that initial email, I got the automated response thanking me for contacting UA. then nothing. Last week I sent another email indicating that I had not heard back from UA about my issue and repeating the issue. I got another automated reply, then nothing.

I suppose it is better than being on hold forever.

anc-ord772 Mar 22, 2012 8:38 am

1P + GM on same PNR. I can't assign seats in E+ for colleague(s) for free online. UA wants $34 per or $49 for exit row.

goalie Mar 22, 2012 8:50 am

Reservations booked and waiting to be ticketed now gone!

Booked reservations on 3/11 for travel in September and October via websupport as my e-certs would not take via United's "new and improved" website.

I know that COdbaUA does do "instant ticketing" and I can live with waiting a day or two but NOT 10 days!

I have PM'd UA Insider with the PNR's after roughly 6 days and not even a courtesy response to the effect of "sorry I'm hammered but I'll have someone look into it as soon as I can" (or something similar)

I called reservations today and was told that "everything is fine" with my reservations but reservations waiting to be ticketed are being handled based on travel dates with those closer in being ticketed first. :eek:

Sorry but this is a big Whiskey-Tango-Foxtrot afaic and totally not acceptable as a major airline vs a glorified regional carrier would not have this issue (and I'm not even gonna get into the issue that there was (n.b. was) upgrade availability up until yesterday)

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

There-now I feel better and thanks for letting me rant :)

So with my rant above, 6 out of my 10 reservations from the above post "where all was fine" and are just waiting to be ticketed are not gone. On hold waiting for reservations as we speak.

Memo to CodbaUA: So how's that merger thingy treating you? Still think it's only a few glitches here and there? A real airline like PMUA (and the real UA imho) would not have these problems :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Ericka Mar 22, 2012 9:07 am

Mr. Ericka had some *A miles post last night from recent flight activity and now the (negative) beginning balance is back. Coincidence?

RTWSTARALLIANCE Mar 22, 2012 9:43 am

What a mess.

Against my better judgement had to commit and book tickets for late May. Called the 1k line to apply previous (before 3/3) ticket not flown. In the end after nearly one hour I was told will receive check for a little less than $10. Ok. Still not spending new money with UA. ;) On the second ticket using e-cert took nearly as long with the net being a little less than $100.

denCSA Mar 22, 2012 10:06 am

A little interesting nugget that came out of the Travelport earnings call yesterday:

Travelport revealed that the annual financial impact from losing United Airlines’ hosting business will likely be $60 million to $70 million, and not the previously estimated $40 to $60 million.
So then it makes you wonder how sweet the 'deal' was for UA in switching to SHARES...

Buzzman Mar 22, 2012 10:29 am

I just called because my RCC membership was set to expire on 4/1.. ended up with a rather knowledgeable PMUA who told me the new system is not set up to take miles for membership and that it might be some time before that occurs again... In talking to her I mentioned about my missing miles from 3/10-3/11 SNA-MKE... she told me that they are having issues with posting of miles under the New System and that because there is a "fix" coming they cannot manually fix it at the present time... SHE INDICATED THAT THE "FIX" WOULD NOT COME FOR 3 MORE WEEKS!!! What a mess...

jbd115 Mar 22, 2012 10:33 am

Credit for flown flights

I have been on 9 United 2 AC flights since the conversion and I only have 6segments posted. When i try united's system to credit the missing flight by using the e ticket #, i put in the number and the system tells me that i already have credit for the flight. I don't though.

Anyone else experiencing these types of issues?

exerda Mar 22, 2012 10:48 am

Originally Posted by Ericka (Post 18250944)
Mr. Ericka had some *A miles post last night from recent flight activity and now the (negative) beginning balance is back. Coincidence?

Is his negative initial balance equal to the *A miles which posted?

In other words, did the negative beginning balance appear with and cancel out the new mileage postings, or was it a negative beginning balance from some other flight which had vanished, and now has reappeared in conjunction with the *A miles post?

Plane-is-home Mar 22, 2012 10:51 am

As of today negative PQM are back for me too:mad:

Traveling in Europe, going to united.com results in a never ending redirect between united.com and united.uk.

Is it that hard?

Fredd Mar 22, 2012 11:00 am

Originally Posted by jbd115 (Post 18251630)
I have been on 9 United 2 AC flights since the conversion and I only have 6segments posted. When i try united's system to credit the missing flight by using the e ticket #, i put in the number and the system tells me that i already have credit for the flight. I don't though.

Anyone else experiencing these types of issues?

There are actually two stand-alone threads on this general topic, here and here.

The atmosphere of chaos not acknowledged by UA continues apace.

1KPath Mar 22, 2012 11:34 am

Originally Posted by goalie (Post 18250855)
So with my rant above, 6 out of my 10 reservations from the above post "where all was fine" and are just waiting to be ticketed are not gone. On hold waiting for reservations as we speak.

Memo to CodbaUA: So how's that merger thingy treating you? Still think it's only a few glitches here and there? A real airline like PMUA (and the real UA imho) would not have these problems :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I had a similar problem just last week...I needed to fly to IAD and UA was the cheapest and most convenient from LAX (I have actually been flying AA most of the time this year)...I purchased a ticket online two days before the flight ($1300) and it never ticketed...but my card was charged (per Chase!!) I spent nearly four hours on the phone with UA to no avail...on the day of the flight it was still not ticketed so I purchased a ticket on B6 (nice flight with an empty seat next to me...and it ticketed immediately for less than half the fare of UA) I disputed the UA charge with Chase...the supervisor I spoke to said they are getting 100s of calls per day due to problems with UA ticketing...and added my dispute to the list. Less than a week later Chase sent me an e-mail and snail mail that the UA charge had been permanently removed! Still nothing from UA who promised a response within 5 working days...twelve days ago!!

Goalie...maybe you should do what I have done and start giving chocolate (tootsie pops in your case) to AA staff or DL staff or B6staff...and staying as far away from the CF (Air Force terminology) that UA has become. It is not the UA you and I once knew and respected...and who respected us!

21A Mar 22, 2012 11:39 am

http://www.uatimetable.com redirects to http://www.united.com/timetable which is broken.

SFO 1K Mar 22, 2012 11:47 am

Originally Posted by 21A (Post 18252027)

http://timetable.continental.com/siteb/co.pdf

wildblueyonder Mar 22, 2012 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by Brasila (Post 18251868)
Same thing happened to me. I miss 1K Voice where a response usually came in 1 day if not sooner. I have a feeling that nobody that the customer deals with at UA has any power to do anything. I would not be surprised if our emails are just going in some In Box that nobody reads or deals with.

I have heard so many different dates that the "FIX" is coming that I do not believe them at all any more. I am not buying any more tickets on UA until I see that things work as they are supposed to. :confused:

I've sent 1K voice 3 emails over the last 2 weeks... (are they gone?).

After a not so heavy flying year last year, I've already had a moderately heavy flying year this year and the 3/3 conversion did not correctly account for my PQM fare bonuses since January.... which has delayed my status requal / upgrade this year (~5-7k in bonuses missing).

I am more than frustrated that I can't get in touch with anyone about this.

Also, the United MP number's automated service told me flat out to "call back later", and *literally hung up on me* when I tried to boot out of the prompts to talk to an Agent about this issue and the fact that I can't talk to anyone.

Borderline hilarious. In a maddening, terrible service kind of way.

2 questions I had:
- Anybody else with this kind of conversion issue / any idea on when the mileage issue gets fixed (and I assume they will go back and give me corresponding Premier bonuses I'm entitled to receive, after the fact?)
- Anybody know if United has a "challenge" program for rapid re/qualification... I will likely have 50-60k PQMs by end of April. It has been a while since I've asked / needed a challenge program...

goalie Mar 22, 2012 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by 1KPath (Post 18251985)

Originally Posted by goalie (Post 18250855)

I had a similar problem just last week...I needed to fly to IAD and UA was the cheapest and most convenient from LAX (I have actually been flying AA most of the time this year)...I purchased a ticket online two days before the flight ($1300) and it never ticketed...but my card was charged (per Chase!!) I spent nearly four hours on the phone with UA to no avail...on the day of the flight it was still not ticketed so I purchased a ticket on B6 (nice flight with an empty seat next to me...and it ticketed immediately for less than half the fare of UA) I disputed the UA charge with Chase...the supervisor I spoke to said they are getting 100s of calls per day due to problems with UA ticketing...and added my dispute to the list. Less than a week later Chase sent me an e-mail and snail mail that the UA charge had been permanently removed! Still nothing from UA who promised a response within 5 working days...twelve days ago!!

Goalie...maybe you should do what I have done and start giving chocolate (tootsie pops in your case) to AA staff or DL staff or B6staff...and staying as far away from the CF (Air Force terminology) that UA has become. It is not the UA you and I once knew and respected...and who respected us!

If i was ever to consider jumping ship, it would be VX for my domestic travel, AF & LX for Europe and a roll of the dice for tpacs as I won't ever set foot on the dAArkside or DL again as I learned my lesson way back when (and as to "CF" being Air Force terminology, goalie dad (Army) and goalie-sis (Coast Guard) beg to differ ;))

Oh, and it's now 200 minutes and counting :rolleyes:

dpdapper Mar 22, 2012 12:37 pm

How Long Before Reciept Issued After Booking?

On 3/14 I booked two TATL flights on UA with confirmed upgrades to C through the call center. The confirmed reservation and seat assignments show up on united.com, but without pricing information or the link to view/print a receipt. I've checked with my credit card company and nothing has been charged yet (neither the tickets nor the co-pay).

Before I spend more time on hold, is this delay normal under SHARES?

It's not that I'm in a hurry to pay (especially for the co-pays), but once they take my money I feel more secure that I really have seats on the plane. PMUA used to send out itineraries and receipts by e-mail while I was on the phone with the agent. . . . :rolleyes:

PS Just saw posts by goalie and 1KPath above. I see I am not alone.

davidbrenner Mar 22, 2012 12:39 pm

Any intel/updates from United on when the Y bonus mileage glitch will be fixed?

Hey all,
Depending upon which CS agent you get, some know about, and some don't know about the fact that the status RDMs are posting right (75% for example for Platinums) but the Y class 25% bonuses are not showing up. PQMs post fine. Anyone get info from someone at United (that sounds like they had a clue) abut when they think the problem will be fixed? If one goes to that website where United discusses the merger, they don't specifically mention this problem as one they are working on, as they have other fish to fry. Thoughts?
Dave

exerda Mar 22, 2012 12:45 pm

This is one of many mileage posting issues currently outstanding. UA says they're working on them all and expect to have a fix and run manual sweeps to correct them sometime in the next 3 weeks IIRC.

Some other issues:
  • Upgraded fares are posting in Z or F class, with the appropriate PQM and RDM bonuses.
  • PQM postings are sometimes being cancelled out by a negative "beginning balance" on one's MP activity statement
  • Multi-segment itins are sometimes posting only one segment, but a missing miles request indicates one has already received credit...

Many other similar issues. The code's a mess.

davidbrenner Mar 22, 2012 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by exerda (Post 18252461)
This is one of many mileage posting issues currently outstanding. UA says they're working on them all and expect to have a fix and run manual sweeps to correct them sometime in the next 3 weeks IIRC.

Some other issues:
  • Upgraded fares are posting in Z or F class, with the appropriate PQM and RDM bonuses.
  • PQM postings are sometimes being cancelled out by a negative "beginning balance" on one's MP activity statement
  • Multi-segment itins are sometimes posting only one segment, but a missing miles request indicates one has already received credit...

Many other similar issues. The code's a mess.

Thanks Exerda!