FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   March 3rd, 2012 System Integration Master Thread (PSS) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1319984-march-3rd-2012-system-integration-master-thread-pss.html)

WineCountryUA Mar 3, 2012 10:26 am

Originally Posted by c1mth0g (Post 18125382)
OK - it looks like the pattern is becoming clear - hopefully someone at UA notices and reports this.

Mine looks like yours too. GPUs and RPUs pulled twice - once on 3/3 and once on 2/25, even though 2/25 wasn't the date I requested the upgrades.

3/3/2012 Global Premier Upgrade Redemption (1) 0
3/3/2012 Global Premier Upgrade Redemption (1) 0
3/3/2012 Regional Premier Upgrade Redemption (1) 0
2/25/2012 System-wide Upgrade Redemption (1) 0
2/25/2012 System-wide Upgrade Redemption (1) 0
2/25/2012 Regional Upgrade Redemption (1) 0

Interesting to see the change in name from SWU to GPU

Can report a similar issue (a mid-March RT upgraded at booking) of

3/3/2012 Regional Premier Upgrade Redemption (1)
3/3/2012 Regional Premier Upgrade Redemption (1) and
2/25/2012 Regional Upgrade Redemption (1)
2/25/2012 Regional Upgrade Redemption (1)

additionally the summary reports
Regional Premier Upgrade shows as 8 but the popup reports 2+2+4+2 == 10 which is the correct number

Not sure the two issues are linked or are separate

(looks similiar to what navi-c reported in post 322)

miles / segements / lifetime / outstanding reservations all look OK
do have one reservation showing the midifications error message -- an upgraded 2-class domestic showing ON fare class

PlaneGeek19 Mar 3, 2012 10:28 am

Originally Posted by cheltzel (Post 18125437)
I just logged off and back in using my PMUA MP number and password. No issue.

Its all good I just said I forgot pin which I did lol fail and after going threw the question I changed pin to a # I will not forget. I wish I had thought of forgot PIN along time ago before my freak out but oh well

cawhite Mar 3, 2012 10:29 am

Seeing similar issues as others w/r/t upgrades & extra RPUs were pulled. But w/r/t my RPU balance, according to the website 2+2+2+4+2=10 (the balance of 10 is wrong but the expiring upgrade count on a monthly basis is what it should be without having the extra RPUs pulled yesterday).

:-: Note to Shannon -- Thank you for your presence here throughout the transition and answering our questions so quickly. :-:

cheltzel Mar 3, 2012 10:29 am

Originally Posted by PlaneGeek19 (Post 18125490)
Its all good I just said I forgot pin which I did lol fail and after going threw the question I changed pin to a # I will not forget. I wish I had thought of forgot PIN along time ago before my freak out but oh well

"stuff" happens

Syzygies Mar 3, 2012 10:30 am

Check seat assignments!

On a few of my upcoming flights, I was flying CO flat-bed 757-200's domestic in row 21-DEF. These seat assignments got dumped, apparently reclassified unnecessarily as crew-rest, as if the flight were indeed international.

The kind of tiny code glitch that doesn't get caught in advance. Check your seat assignments, there may be other issues affecting you.

demkr Mar 3, 2012 10:32 am

Can happily report that PMUA Miles and qualifying activity have just posted to the new MP account.

Just waiting on miles from a 2/29 trip and everything should be good to go!

hans Mar 3, 2012 10:35 am

Originally Posted by exerda (Post 18125244)
And those won't show up. That was a PMUA thing, which is not in the current site. You just have to take it on faith that you're waitlisted or pending until the 24 hour point, where the PMCO waitlist UI takes over.

So at 24 hours before can I click on a first class seat assuming my move from the waitlist goes through?

c1mth0g Mar 3, 2012 10:35 am

Originally Posted by cawhite (Post 18125497)
Seeing similar issues as others w/r/t upgrade balances. I'm not yet seeing where extra RPUs were pulled, but according to the website 2+2+2+4+2=10 (balance).

:-: Note to Shannon -- Thank you for your presence here throughout the transition and answering our questions so quickly. :-:

The guess is that RPUs and GPUs were double pulled only if you have itineraries in the future that used them (whatever the status of the upgrade and even if it was for someone else).

Echoing your thanks for Shannon / UA Insider 's presence.

mckerrow Mar 3, 2012 10:35 am

My mileage balance, RPU/GPU, PQM/PQS, and lifetime miles are showing correctly.

cheltzel Mar 3, 2012 10:35 am

Originally Posted by exerda (Post 18125478)
I'm not sure it's just site load. Having run into last-minute integration issues on production systems before--and no, it's not fun 4 hours into an after-hours deployment to realize there's a difference between the test and production environments which is breaking things--I can empathize with UA. I'm just not sure their testing was as thorough as it should have been...

I do this kind of thing for a living. Once a system gets beyond a certain size, there is never enough testing done.

Unless you have a budget that allows you to fully duplicate all three production environments (PMUA, PMCO, and the new system), you will have issues. And even then, how do you test all possible possible permutations?

I am not saying that it is not possible to test this enough, just that it is usually way too costly.

rch4u Mar 3, 2012 10:36 am

Originally Posted by UA Insider (Post 18124997)
Hi rch4u, as part of the transition some flights that were waitlisted for NF are now showing waitlisted for ON class on domestic two-cabin flights. For those of you with ON waitlists on 2-cabin aircraft, we’re working on this issue and, and no action is required on your part in the meantime. Some of you also have flights confirmed in ON class on 2-cabin aircraft – these will remain intact and no action is required.

Shannon

Until the issue is resolved, will folks be missing upgrades that would otherwise have cleared because they are waitlisted for a fictitious inventory that would never open up (e.g., ON on a 2-cabin domestic flight)?

navi-c Mar 3, 2012 10:37 am

Originally Posted by c1mth0g (Post 18125422)
Same for RPUs - although the names here were almost the same. Can you check that the breakdowns by expiration dates are still correct for you (they are for me and for many others).

The breakdown by expiration for the remaining RPU/GPUs is correct.

cawhite Mar 3, 2012 10:37 am

Originally Posted by c1mth0g (Post 18125527)
The guess is that RPUs and GPUs were double pulled only if you have itineraries in the future (whatever the status of the upgrade and even if it was for someone else...

Similar to others, that's exactly what happened (they were pulled when I booked earlier this week and then pulled again today). Hoping this will all be sorted out through the upcoming week and we won't have to chase them down.

palefire Mar 3, 2012 10:37 am

I've got an Aeroplan business class award ticket for some UA-operated flights in July. Half the itinerary is now showing as coach (despite being coded as I class), with those seat assignments gone.

Syzygies Mar 3, 2012 10:38 am

www.united.com/appreciation

Dead link. Business cabin bathroom out on UA P.S. service, so we got "Please Accept Our Apology" certs with the about link, now broken. For the moment this is looking like Confederate currency.

pbenz Mar 3, 2012 10:39 am

I seem to have two issues on conversion. One of my reservations had their seat assignments dumped - I had to re-request the seats and was unable to book the seats I originally had. The second is I have 0 miles in my account. I had 1.5 million miles in my old United account and none in the Continental account. I am definitely curious when that is going to be resolved.

c1mth0g Mar 3, 2012 10:40 am

Originally Posted by cawhite (Post 18125547)
Similar to others, that's exactly what happened (they were pulled when I booked earlier this week and then pulled again today). Hoping this will all be sorted out through the upcoming week and we won't have to chase them down.

Yes, am hoping UA Insider reports this (RPUs/GPUs double pulled for future itineraries) for us. I don't think the 1K line would appreciate all of use making separate calls/emails about this so I'm holding off on that line of communication for now.

rankourabu Mar 3, 2012 10:42 am

It seems that all buy/transfer links are going to the dead site ualmiles.com...

halls120 Mar 3, 2012 10:44 am

Originally Posted by exerda (Post 18124160)
One thing I like: the historical account summary has much more useful information on it than did the PMUA one, *and* two years of past history are available (vs. the one from PMUA). ^

I agree - the past history is more useful on the new website. This almost makes up for the design being so ugly. ;)

Just re-checked my account, and all the balances have been transferred. What's interesting is that I now have 1100 more lifetime miles than I did 2 days ago, and 500 more miles in my account balance. I noticed the latter last night - a mysterious deposit on a day where I did not travel.

Maybe this is United's way of making up for the crappy coffee I've been drinking on their flights and in the UC. :)

born sleepy Mar 3, 2012 10:45 am

Huh. Trying to assign seats on UA510 which is BOS-ORD-MCI with a plane change, but it won't let me select E+ on the ORD-MCI leg.

Oh well, I'll try again in a few days.

exerda Mar 3, 2012 10:45 am

Originally Posted by hans (Post 18125526)
So at 24 hours before can I click on a first class seat assuming my move from the waitlist goes through?

You can choose a F seat whenever your upgrade clears--it may do so before 24 hours within the appropriate elite window (and PMUA flyers are going to have to get used to the fact that "window" is largely meaningless now as CO does "sweeps" inside those windows; e.g. you can be inside 96 hours as a 1K and see R inventory, but not be upgraded because the sweep hasn't run yet).

If your upgrade is still waitlisted at T-24 and you check in, you will be waitlisted and may clear sometime between then and departure. You'll be able to see that waitlist and your position on it.

But you simply can't see anywhere that you are waitlisted until T-24 when you check in and show up on the upgrade list (with your position on it). Hopefully, COdbaUA will add some kind of indication that you are indeed waitlisted instead of telling us to take it "on faith" that we're indeed actually on the waitlist--I've had several PMCO experiences where that, "Yes, you are on the waitlist," translated into, "No, you're not actually on it," when I never showed up on the visible T-24 list...

nmenaker Mar 3, 2012 10:45 am

Hmm

Originally Posted by Syzygies (Post 18125552)
Dead link. Business cabin bathroom out on UA P.S. service, so we got "Please Accept Our Apology" certs with the about link, now broken. For the moment this is looking like Confederate currency.

Hmm, I have a couple that I haven't yet filed. But, getting one for not having a bathroom free on a small plane sure does sound like overkill?

erikas Mar 3, 2012 10:45 am

BOS Experiences

Some experiences from this morning, generally positive, at BOS:

- As many have mentioned, boarding passes issued prior to the system cutover this morning need to be reissued. The check-in agent didn't know this but, when I told her, she checked with the gate and confirmed. So if you have an old boarding pass printed yesterday, make sure you ask for a new one to be issued today.

- Computer systems really slow checking in my partner. Not sure why. We did have to have tickets reissued due to the glitches, but mine went fine and hers didn't.

- United Club can't pull up Club membership details or international connections from your domestic boarding pass. You have to show a Club card (the Club membership is still the old PMUA number but your boarding pass is the new UA number) if you are a member... and you have to show an international boarding pass if you aren't (not just the domestic flight connecting to/from it). Easy first day glitches.

- T-Mobile WiFi access supposedly still requires that Club members enter their old PMUA frequent flier number, not their new number, to access. I find the connection resets on login anyway -- ongoing T-Mobile problem there -- so I don't bother to log in with them, but may be helpful for others.

- Essentially no lines at BOS for check-in. Very quiet and very typical day. (They had pre-printed all the boarding passes for the day just in case there were issues, but they haven't had to use them.)

nmenaker Mar 3, 2012 10:48 am

I am sure that this thread is a wealth of information for Shannon and united systems support. They are pretty much getting a punch list of broken and missing features/ functionality in real time...

Pat89339 Mar 3, 2012 10:50 am

After being on hold 59 minutes with the 1k, spoke once briefly with a rep before she put me back on hold I got cut off. When calling back I repeatedly get the following recorded message:

I am sorry we are currently experiencing system problems. Please try your call again later. And the call is then disconnected.

dyt2 Mar 3, 2012 10:51 am

All in all, my account looks good.

Had my trip on Monday duplicated with 2 different confirmation #'s, one which is my original and with my original seats, and the second with a new confirmation # with no seats assigned yet. Not sure which is the valid one, but will wait until tomorrow during the T-24H check-in to see/call in about it.

One minor issue is that saving my login/pin doesn't seem to be kicking in.

emcampbe Mar 3, 2012 10:55 am

Originally Posted by AndrewT84 (Post 18125294)
Noticed also it still shows the full price until you select the flights. At the end, it shows you the discounted price with a blurb stating: ""Without the Dollar Discount discount, this trip is currently available for a total of…Purchase this reservation without the discount"

http://andrewtse.net/temp/ecert.png

I actually really like that.

On the other hand, just did a mock booking on a flight to Canada. Seems to be able to be applied to codeshare flights now (saw the star on a flight operated by Air Canada, and it seemed to work, though I didn't actually book it) - the terms on mine, and my experience from the past, it only worked on UA/UAX operated flights. Also, discount was more than cert value - my cert is $300, though price came down more than that - by about $22 extra.

Noticed also it still shows the full price until you select the flights. At the end, it shows you the discounted price with a blurb stating: ""Without the Dollar Discount discount, this trip is currently available for a total of…Purchase this reservation without the discount"

On the other hand, just did a mock booking on a flight to Canada. Seems to be able to be applied to codeshare flights now (saw the star on a flight operated by Air Canada, and it seemed to work, though I didn't actually book it) - the terms on mine, and my experience from the past, it only worked on UA/UAX operated flights. Also, discount was more than cert value - my cert is $300, though price came down more than that - by about $22 extra.

mgarver Mar 3, 2012 10:56 am

Originally Posted by rch4u (Post 18124407)
I have the same exact concern. Perhaps UA Insider could investigate?

I have several two-cabin 752 flights waitlisted for ON, while I believe it should be R. ON inventory would never open up on a two-cabin plane, so I fear I'll be skipped over for upgrades.

I must be missing something. Where do see what fare class you are waitlisted for (ON vs. R)? I am waitlisted on several 757 two cabin flights as well but it only shows that I am waitlisted not what fare class? Now you have me worried. On this trip I did lose a seat assignment on one flight but not on the other segments. Seems odd.

exerda Mar 3, 2012 10:57 am

Originally Posted by nmenaker (Post 18125594)
Hmm, I have a couple that I haven't yet filed. But, getting one for not having a bathroom free on a small plane sure does sound like overkill?

The entire C cabin being without a lav for a transcon? I dunno, that sounds like something deserving an appreciation card to me. :eek:

Originally Posted by dyt2 (Post 18125634)
One minor issue is that saving my login/pin doesn't seem to be kicking in.

Try clearing your cookies... I haven't done that myself yet, but I expect that the old UA.com cookies are there and not being properly overwritten with the new ones. Or, the site has yet another busted aspect and one which QA should have caught.

travelsavant Mar 3, 2012 11:02 am

Originally Posted by cheltzel (Post 18123930)
I hope someone in UA is working on the encryption errors that a lot of people are seeing. It is preventing a lot of IE users from even logging in.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ion-issue.html

Obviously not fixed yet as not applicable to my computer (256) so not able to even load new site. Unable to make reservations but that can wait a couple of days. Glad I'm not flying this weekend.

naumank Mar 3, 2012 11:06 am

All my miles seem to be in order now:
  • Lifetime miles
  • Combined RDMs
  • PQMs and PQSs
  • Upgrades

I don't see my past UA itineraries, though.

By the way, can someone tell me how my wife can log into her account? She never had a CO account and we never bothered to log into united Hub. It looks United Hub doesn't allow access into the Personalized Page anymore.

Strom Mar 3, 2012 11:08 am

Overall, my account looks okay. My miles aren't transferred over, but all of my reservations are there. I only had to fix seats in a couple places, e.g. I have an extended family trip with 7 people and all of our seat assignments were mixed up (but within the same 7 original seats). Weird, but can't complain yet.

I do wish there was something indicating a pending CPU for my flight on Wednesday, though. I know that's by design, but that's just annoying. There have been many times where I had to call the 1K desk to unfudge something when my upgrade didn't show as pending on .bomb, so I see no reason for me to blindly trust the system now.

RealFan Mar 3, 2012 11:08 am

My MP account appears fully updated now as well:

Mileage Balance
Upgrades
YTD
Status
Lifetime

All of these amounts are correct. Also, I was able to instantly upgrade a Y and M fare for flights next week.

I am currently a happy camper but for the fact that my new credentials have yet to arrive.

ldpeters Mar 3, 2012 11:08 am

Regional Upgrades / United PS

"Your Regional Upgrade is restricted by fare class and may not be used on this part of your trip"

I have a number of PS flights (SFO-JFK-SFO) coming up. I booked them as pre-integration CO flight numbers, and so could not apply my pre-integration UA upgrades.

These were booked as fully refundable "B" fares, and are showing as "United Economy (B)" on the new web site.

However, when I try to upgrade, I get the following message:
"Your Regional Upgrade is restricted by fare class and may not be used on this part of your trip"
I can still upgrade using Systemwides or 10k miles. This seems like a glitch... Anybody else having this issue?

edcho Mar 3, 2012 11:11 am

Originally Posted by naumank (Post 18125724)
By the way, can someone tell me how my wife can log into her account? She never had a CO account and we never bothered to log into united Hub. It looks United Hub doesn't allow access into the Personalized Page anymore.

Try this?

https://pss.united.com/web/en-US/app...solution.aspx?