FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   March 3rd, 2012 System Integration Master Thread (PSS) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1319984-march-3rd-2012-system-integration-master-thread-pss.html)

exerda Mar 3, 2012 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by adhock (Post 18126725)
The fares from SAN to SAV doubled over night! In most cases on the days I need, they are only showing first class fares. Did they lose the additional flights in the consolidation? How could they be gone in 24 hours? The only option the website shows is US Agony. Kayak, too. :mad: No phone support, no 1K answers. Total FU.

I had that happen to several itins I was watching, too. My suggestion is to try back on Monday or Tuesday and hope.

bmvaughn Mar 3, 2012 1:35 pm

A few issues I've started to see:
* Upgrade waitlists for flights tomorrow are not appearing on the website (but you can find them on mobile). Look up 1681 as an example.
* There's no upgrade history
* There's no search feature (ALEX does not recognize a lot of queries)
* No place to find my United Choices miles (from my Mileage Plus card)

Originally Posted by nmenaker (Post 18125613)
I am sure that this thread is a wealth of information for Shannon and united systems support. They are pretty much getting a punch list of broken and missing features/ functionality in real time...

We're cheaper than hiring a QA team :D

Originally Posted by gfowler-ord-1k (Post 18126722)

Guessing this is only the old list of PCs, as it doesn't list the N-gates UC at SEA.

coolbeans202 Mar 3, 2012 1:35 pm

I'm trying to waitlist for C mileage upgrades on ICN-SFO-JFK at the end of April. The website is trying to collect 30K miles and $600 for ICN-SFO then another 20K miles + $75 for SFO-JFK.

Shouldn't it just be 30K and $600 for the whole trip?

MrHalliday Mar 3, 2012 1:36 pm

http://www.chicagotribune.com/busine...,5536440.story

VVanderlust Mar 3, 2012 1:36 pm

I guess a lot of folks are not seeing this on their "My Account Page:":

Please note: it may take up to 72 hours for your combined award balance to display. Be assured that all award miles, Premier qualifying miles, Premier qualifying segments and upgrades in your MileagePlus account are safe as we finalize our system migration. Also, changes to your account profile are not available until the transition period is complete.

A lot of the venting so far seems to fall into the 72 hours wait time before all the dusts settles.....

transconsan Mar 3, 2012 1:38 pm

People need to ease off and have some patience. There will be some hiccups.
I wouldn't call unless:
There's travel requirements in the next week, you lose your seat, or you're trying to book tickets. Something actually URGENT!

The rest can be sorted out on a later date, like the following week or even later. I don't understand the urgency of some people calling in regards to RPU/GPU totals, full mileage not showing up, missing segments, etc, etc.

From personal experience integrating large scale systems. I'm actually surprised that I haven't read much major issues. People can always ask, why didn't they test A or anticipate B, there's always issues, large and small that are unanticipated when a product goes live. It'll be fixed. People just calm down and take a breath.

eagle92 Mar 3, 2012 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by transconsan (Post 18126788)
People need to ease off and have some patience. There will be some hiccups.
I wouldn't call unless:
There's travel requirements in the next week, you lose your seat, or you're trying to book tickets. Something actually URGENT!

The rest can be sorted out on a later date, like the following week or even later. I don't understand the urgency of some people calling in regards to RPU/GPU totals, full mileage not showing up, missing segments, etc, etc.

From personal experience integrating large scale systems. I'm actually surprised that I haven't read much major issues. People can always ask, why didn't they test A or anticipate B, there's always issues, large and small that are unanticipated when a product goes live. It'll be fixed. People just calm down and take a breath.

What s/he said...^

MrJBoy Mar 3, 2012 1:46 pm

I noticed recently that CO's EQM (now PQM) was posted later than RDM.
I took an ANA flight HND-LAX (code share flight with CO) on 2/28, and I was waiting for the EQM showing up, then the system integration started. The RDM was posted already before the integration by the way.

All data seems OK at the new unites.com but the missing EQM (PQM)...
My PQM still shows 5,458 short.
Since the missing PQM hadn't been posted at old continental.com yet I wonder if it will show up soon at the new united.com...

flyer215 Mar 3, 2012 2:05 pm

As a future suggestion, it would be so much better if all United phone queues provided "estimated wait times" at initial wait, and every few minutes. Not sure if your phone systems have the tech for it, but if they do...

Also, of course, a "hang up and get called back in queue order" feature would be even better.

And try to equalize the volume on various advertisements and musical effects so you don't blow speakers out every time rhapsody cycles through. :)

Flying Monday on a ticket that is out of sync due to an upgrade. Will try braving the queue later today.

p.s. Anyone know the avg wait on the GS line currently?

zombietooth Mar 3, 2012 2:13 pm

Award Availability Drastically Decreased

I have been looking at a batch of late NOV early DEC dates for one of my Tokyo trips and on 3 different flights on 8 different days (=24 flights) that I have been watching, upgrade avail went from NC9 yesterday to R3 RN3 today. I also do seat counts when I check for UGs and none of these flights had any seats booked between when I checked yesterday and today.

Has anybody else seen this? Does this mean that the new UA is going to be far stingier with upgrade/award seats?

CHIC SILBER Mar 3, 2012 2:18 pm

Not Yet

Sure hope they are working on the error message problem

with trying to access some of our accounts

I found a "back door" to look at a future res but cannot

have any interactions at all

It shows me that they have changed the record locator

zombietooth Mar 3, 2012 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by c1mth0g (Post 18126196)
I take it that if you had GPUs or RPUs reserverd for future flights they were for PMCO flights? And we're they PMUA or PMCO upgrades? Am trying to pin down the exact circumstances under which the double pulling happens to make UA Insider's job easier.

PMUA GPUs on PMUA flights in May/June to/from NRT/BKK.

WineCountryUA Mar 3, 2012 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by zombietooth (Post 18127001)
Has anybody else seen this? ....

I'm tracking some domestic flights for CPU possibility. My flight was NF6 last night (post GS window, pre 1K window) but today is RN0 (still pre- new 1K window). However alternative flights were NF9 / NF6 and they RN9 / NF6 today. So does not look wholesale across the board.

halls120 Mar 3, 2012 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by kb1992 (Post 18126616)
There is NO upgrade summary, only how many SWU/CR1 you have.

How many redeemed, how many reserved, for whom, which date, which flight.

None.

Disappeared in black hole. :td::td:

Yes, that is indeed a downgrade.

1k650 Mar 3, 2012 2:30 pm

Is the United Telephone system down? The 1k line just goes directly into a "busy" tone after you enter MP number and the other options...

boss315 Mar 3, 2012 2:31 pm

considering what COULD have happened, we all have come through fairly unscathed......just give them some time to get things streamlined and fixed--we're on t+12 into this!

zombietooth Mar 3, 2012 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA (Post 18127060)
I'm tracking some domestic flights for CPU possibility. My flight was NF6 last night (post GS window, pre 1K window) but today is RN0 (still pre- new 1K window). However alternative flights were NF9 / NF6 and they RN9 / NF6 today. So does not look wholesale across the board.

Since I am unfamiliar with the CO system, perhaps you could tell me if RN>0 is possible with R0? In other words, are there upgrades that are held only for elites or is it the same bucket as far as total UG seats available?

BangkokTraveler Mar 3, 2012 2:35 pm

When checking in online just now, for int'l flight about 12 hours from now, it takes me through all the passport questions, then on the final ”print boarding pass”, it produces a page saying ”this is not a boarding pass”, and your documents must be verified by United representative at the airport.

Never had this before, I assume this is an integration issue? And I take it I am not checked in?

DHAST Mar 3, 2012 2:36 pm

I have been looking at a batch of late NOV early DEC dates for one of my Tokyo trips and on 3 different flights on 8 different days (=24 flights) that I have been watching, upgrade avail went from NC9 yesterday to R3 RN3 today. I also do seat counts when I check for UGs and none of these flights had any seats booked between when I checked yesterday and today.

Has anybody else seen this? Does this mean that the new UA is going to be far stingier with upgrade/award seats?

Just for fun, I'm messing around with some award bookings (BKK-ZRH F departing 10/29 returning 11/5) and it will show availability on the search page, but when I actually select the LX flight with a random return, it tells me that "due to rapidly changing inventory, the following flights are unavailable..."

NickP 1K Mar 3, 2012 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by kb1992 (Post 18126616)
There is NO upgrade summary, only how many SWU/CR1 you have.

How many redeemed, how many reserved, for whom, which date, which flight.

None.

Disappeared in black hole. :td::td:

They are listed under activity detail... Try that; it's my date period ONLY though, so new way to search upgrade use like on united.com right now

villox Mar 3, 2012 2:37 pm

I actually noticed the opposite, but it's not doing me any good! I was waitlisted for an XC seat on Monday's SYD-LAX flight. According to EF there are now TWO seats in I (the XC equivalent) where there were none yesterday, but I'm still showing waitlisted on united.com. I confirmed I'd even be able to book a one-way saver award, so the seat is there!

Interestingly, yesterday there were 8 standard awards available, and today there are only 6, even though the flight is showing J9. The upgrade list in the mobile app says 41 of 52 are booked (and nobody on the list).

I presume I'll clear before the flight but I sure wish I could get them to push it through now so I can stop worrying about it.

bmvaughn Mar 3, 2012 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by BangkokTraveler (Post 18127115)
When checking in online just now, for int'l flight about 12 hours from now, it takes me through all the passport questions, then on the final ”print boarding pass”, it produces a page saying ”this is not a boarding pass”, and your documents must be verified by United representative at the airport.

Never had this before, I assume this is an integration issue? And I take it I am not checked in?

This was the standard on CO if your passport info had never been checked at the airport before - you had to actually show someone the passport at checkin. Was only required once and future itineraries were fine.

Probably the issue you are seeing.

totmode Mar 3, 2012 2:43 pm

Special Meal Requested Not Carried Over?

I have requested special meal for one of my UA international reservations. Reviewing the reservation on the new site, it printed "No Special Meal Offered". So have special meals been discontinued for international travel as well? Or do I have to call Tuesday to make another request?

Wx4caster Mar 3, 2012 2:47 pm

No problem, knock on wood

Just checked in at MCO with no lines and no problems. Re-syncing the reservation only took a few moments. Although to be fair, it was a formerly-CO employee helping me. There was a (shall we say) very "mature" UA agent next to my agent trying to help a customer and she couldn't have looked any more dazed and confused if UA had called her up this morning and asked her to fly a 777 over to London. Poor thing.

BryanIAH Mar 3, 2012 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by totmode (Post 18127161)
I have requested special meal for one of my UA international reservations. Reviewing the reservation on the new site, it printed "No Special Meal Offered". So have special meals been discontinued for international travel as well? Or do I have to call Tuesday to make another request?

"No Special Meal Offered" and "Meal: None" are standard CO placeholders and often inaccurate. The "Meal: None" option shows up on most non-CO flights, such as LH FRA-IAH, FRA-DFW, other flights that obviously have meals, etc.

I don't know if your specific special meal request has been carried over, but don't assume that "No Special Meal Offered" means that no special meals are offered. Confused yet? :eek:

kb1992 Mar 3, 2012 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by NickP 1K (Post 18127123)
They are listed under activity detail... Try that; it's my date period ONLY though, so new way to search upgrade use like on united.com right now

No.

It does NOT show:

which SWU/CR1 is reserved for which flight, which pax, what date

when the upgrade was requested

which SWU/CR1 is already redeemed (vs. reserved)

You could easily lost track of all these. If there is a cancelation, you may NOT get SWU/CR1 back since there is NO documentation.

oppedahl Mar 3, 2012 2:50 pm

Can't print boarding pass for tomorrow's flight

I figured I should print out my boarding pass today. The flight is an ordinary United flight departing from Denver at about 1PM tomorrow for Chicago.

The first spooky thing was to receive an email from United telling me that because my flight is operated by Air Canada, I should go to the Air Canada web site to check in. That's nuts. My flight is not operated by Air Canada.

On the United web site, I see the dreaded message "! A modification has been made to your itinerary. Please contact United Reservations to have your ticket reissued."

Tried to print the boarding pass. Got an error message "We are unable to complete the check-in process as a valid ticket coupon cannot be found. Please contact a United representative at 1-800-300-1547 for assistance."

Dialed up Premier Executive reservations. I guess now that is Premier Gold. Anyway, I have now been listening to the music on hold for 38 minutes. No human being yet.

===========

Update -- now I have been on hold for 76 minutes. Still no human being answering at Premier Gold reservations.

Oh and by now I have received an email from United that shows my flight and PNR. The email invites me to click here to "check in now" and print my boarding pass. I click on the link and the web page says "We are unable to complete the check-in process as a valid ticket coupon cannot be found. Please contact a United representative at 1-800-300-1547 for assistance."

I wonder if anyone will ever answer the phone at Premier Gold reservations.

mbeck69 Mar 3, 2012 2:53 pm

Lost my seat assignments for intl legs

Sent a PM to Shannon already - I lost my plum seat assignments for the intl legs of PMUA flights starting 3/13. Domestic legs are fine. My previous seat assignments for the intl legs are showing as taken, and the only remaining seats are the center business seats (renovated 777). I'm really really hoping that those previous seats are still mine, and the reservation just isn't linked correctly, but postings here from other people who have called into UA aren't encouraging.

Are there any people who *haven't* lost intl seat assignments for PMUA travel? Is there any pattern to this? My fares were class D for the intl legs, class A for the domestic legs, flying out 3/13 and returning 3/18. Thanks!

travelcarr Mar 3, 2012 2:55 pm

changed seats

Seems wrong that the new United doesn't honor prior seat assignments in economy plus. Talked to reservations today and they told me that unless you are gold then they will move your seat assignments out of the Econ + area.
Doesn't seem right to me. They told us all along until the merger that you had the same "great benefits" but I guess this isn't one of them. Makes a premiere membership significantly less important. May have to go back to AA... sad!

zombietooth Mar 3, 2012 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by mbeck69 (Post 18127229)
Sent a PM to Shannon already - I lost my plum seat assignments for the intl legs of PMUA flights starting 3/13. Domestic legs are fine. My previous seat assignments for the intl legs are showing as taken, and the only remaining seats are the center business seats (renovated 777). I'm really really hoping that those previous seats are still mine, and the reservation just isn't linked correctly, but postings here from other people who have called into UA aren't encouraging.

Are there any people who *haven't* lost intl seat assignments for PMUA travel? Is there any pattern to this? My fares were class D for the intl legs, class A for the domestic legs, flying out 3/13 and returning 3/18. Thanks!

My domestic legs were fine as well, so it is a very strange problem. Also, who out there was so quick on the draw that they took your seats for March and my seats for May/June this morning? I am hoping that this is a system error and our seats will show up again because when I called MP, they couldn't assign my seats back to me but they also couldn't confirm that there were actually pax in my seats.

villox Mar 3, 2012 3:03 pm

I have a flight tomorrow SYD-LAX-ORD. I kept my seat in economy to LAX but lost my assignment in F to ORD. My friend on the same itinerary kept both, though he's already cleared into business on the SYD-LAX leg. So seems very random!

totmode Mar 3, 2012 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by BryanIAH (Post 18127193)
"No Special Meal Offered" and "Meal: None" are standard CO placeholders and often inaccurate. The "Meal: None" option shows up on most non-CO flights, such as LH FRA-IAH, FRA-DFW, other flights that obviously have meals, etc.

I don't know if your specific special meal request has been carried over, but don't assume that "No Special Meal Offered" means that no special meals are offered. Confused yet? :eek:

Thanks! It is indeed very confusing. The reservation is on UA metal and flight number. I'll call next week to confirm again.

My previous seat assignments for the intl legs are showing as taken, and the only remaining seats are the center business seats (renovated 777).

I have two international reservations where my preferred seats were "gone" and I have been logging in and out a few times to monitor hoping to get them back. I do not understand why integration would mess up the seat assignments.

SanDiego1K Mar 3, 2012 3:05 pm

Award flights booked via bmi

I'm checking My Itineraries. Problems I see:
  1. Any flight booked via another award system (bmi) no longer shows assigned seats. Often, my husband and I are on two separate record locators, so this is a fair bit of work getting us back together. The cabins in every case show nary a seat assigned. I suspect others have lost their assignments as well.
  2. Some of my trips booked via bmi with UA flights have populated to united.com. Some have not. I can input the PNR and my last name, and find the record. However, in order for it to "stick", I need to change my bmi number to United. Fair enough. The drop down menu shows United but not Continental. That's great - except it won't take my Continental number, it insists on my old United number.

Buddhake Mar 3, 2012 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by BangkokTraveler (Post 18127115)

Same here for a CLE-ORD-LHR flight on Sunday. Scared too since I was hoping to spend time w/ my family and arrive at CLE an hour before flight (already checked in of course) as I am not checking bags...

Will try later tonight but suspect they will make me show my travel docs and not let me check in online.

Also can't see the mileage upgrade I put in for the outbound but still says waitlisted for the return... The miles are still gone from my acct for both though.

cheltzel Mar 3, 2012 3:10 pm

I was reviewing an upcoming award trip and was re-entering some of the traveler information. It does not save permanently.

I select the reservation and then choose Edit traveler information. I go in and add Emergency Contact and Passport data. It saves it (or so it says).

When I review the information, it all disappears.

RockyMntFlyer Mar 3, 2012 3:12 pm

Flying DEN-YEG tomorrow. Fly this route often and typically get upgraded without issue (if the flight has a First). I'm Premier Gold now. Its within the 48 hour window and the new seat maps show available seats in First. However, no upgrade yet. Is this a glitch of the conversion? Thoughts?

nuspieds Mar 3, 2012 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by transconsan (Post 18126788)
People need to ease off and have some patience. There will be some hiccups...From personal experience integrating large scale systems. I'm actually surprised that I haven't read much major issues. People can always ask, why didn't they test A or anticipate B, there's always issues, large and small that are unanticipated when a product goes live. It'll be fixed. People just calm down and take a breath.

+1! ^

As an IT professional, let me tell you that be it an Airline system or, for example, a Point-Of-Sales system, IT integration/change-over issues are common, normal and expected.

Why?

Simply because Humans are involved and as Humans, we are imperfect and what we have desinged/implemented is also imperfect and/or someone would have forgotten a test scenario and/or the test environment does not mimic 100% the live/production environment.

Consequently, there are always going to be issues in such situations. I, for one, still can't see my Lifetime Flight Miles (it's at zero). But is that an urgent situation that's preventing me from flying?

Hell, no! :D

As such, I'm just letting the cookie crumble and until I have issues flying or preventing me from flying my itinerary, I certainly will not be calling UA.

Those of you who do are only making it worse for those who have honest and true urgent situations that are impacting their trips.

Troy_smf Mar 3, 2012 3:15 pm

I have an intl itin in May that I did not lose any seat assignments. But I also have a 3/16 flight where I did lose the seats on the intl segment, and the connecting (same flight number) domestic leg. PM already sent to UA Insider.

wxguy Mar 3, 2012 3:19 pm

All went well for me EXCEPT one int'l F award trip ("O"), where the domestic leg is intact but the international leg disappeared from the PNR. Fortunately, the e-ticket and its receipt were still intact in the record.

I dialed GS and waited TWO HOURS TEN MINUTES. Finally I got an agent who couldn't figure out what happened - and said that there's only coach available now. After another ten minutes on hold while she talked to IM, she got me the "O" seat back in first.

WineCountryUA Mar 3, 2012 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by kb1992 (Post 18127197)
No.

It does NOT show:

which SWU/CR1 is reserved for which flight, which pax, what date

when the upgrade was requested

which SWU/CR1 is already redeemed (vs. reserved)

You could easily lost track of all these. If there is a cancelation, you may NOT get SWU/CR1 back since there is NO documentation.

yeap -- created a new tab in my united spreadsheet to track these