FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Consolidated "UA/Partner flights (miles) not posting? [ARCHIVE] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1318156-consolidated-ua-partner-flights-miles-not-posting-archive.html)

exbayern Nov 21, 2012 10:01 am

Originally Posted by UA-NYC (Post 19719956)
OK, I'm going to do something which some consider forbidden fruit for whatever reason, but here goes:

UA Insider, please let us know if/when automatic crediting of *A miles to MP will resume (save for the few exceptions that seem to slip through and magically get credited).

Thank you.

And how is that working out for you? :p

Did you PM them, or just post on the thread? I don't believe that they are like Beetlejuice. PM seems to be extremely variable in terms of response time, or any response, based on my experiences and that of others. I can appreciate that they are busy, but this IS a revenue impacting issue as it is driving me more and more to flying OW than with *A (and I'm liking what I found over at OW, for the most part)

1liketofly Nov 21, 2012 10:59 am

The need for a tracking mechanism for missing miles has been mentioned before, but until UA fixes the problem, the burden is on the FF. I am using a spreadsheet with these columns:
FLIGHT DT
FROM-TO
UA MP MILES
OUTSTANDING MILES
DISPUTED MILES
COMMENT
SUBMIT DT
POST DT
Enter retro-credit claim: https://www.united.com/web/en-US/app...troCredit.aspx
Check Fare class accrual rate: https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/mar...ePartners.aspx

MP statements do not show the actual post date, but the flight date. Unless you track the post date, it's hard to know when to follow up AGAIN with the MileagePlus Center after the second 15 days have passed. No actual post date also means no obvious evidence that this mileage accrual system is total screwed up.

My TG trip outbound (long leg) finally posted today. Another missing *A trip posted last week on Wednesday. I am beginning to wonder if they process only a portion of the FF database on a periodic basis and my member account is in a Wednesday batch?!? Bizzare.... I still have an AC inbound flight from October that has not yet posted that was submitted 14 days ago.

Thanks to everyone for sharing their issues & experiences.

Weez_1000 Nov 21, 2012 12:37 pm

My limited experience on this has been 3 flights on US in the last 2 months and all three posted without any intervention on my part. The first two flights posted in 3 days and the third posted in 4 days.

fivevsone Nov 21, 2012 1:49 pm

My two US Shuttle flights DCA-BOS-DCA from Monday 11/19 both posted today.

GBadger Nov 21, 2012 2:02 pm

I'm missing two *A segments, one on LH and one on LO, both from late October. I submitted the web request, but I'm not holding my breath!

eflyte Nov 21, 2012 3:50 pm

Everything has been smooth for me this year until my most recent European trip, for which my UA and TAP segments are posted but LH flights have not shown up after 10 days...

UA-NYC Nov 21, 2012 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by exbayern (Post 19724025)
And how is that working out for you? :p

Did you PM them, or just post on the thread? I don't believe that they are like Beetlejuice. PM seems to be extremely variable in terms of response time, or any response, based on my experiences and that of others. I can appreciate that they are busy, but this IS a revenue impacting issue as it is driving me more and more to flying OW than with *A (and I'm liking what I found over at OW, for the most part)

She/they replied pretty much instantaneously when someone asked a question about GPU extension length. I would be willing to bet you that they have read this thread. Whether they choose to address a 1 month and counting issue is up to them.

Agreed on the OW thought!

kon104 Nov 21, 2012 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by Often1 (Post 19723469)
+1 - US always posts within 2-3 days unless it doesn't. When it doesn't post in short order, they never post. The problem with the website is that it kicks out requests until the 15 days have run. Doesn't help OP here, but i just calendar these things for the 16th day.

Originally Posted by fivevsone (Post 19725453)
My two US Shuttle flights DCA-BOS-DCA from Monday 11/19 both posted today.

Hmm, here's to hoping I get lucky! I'm flying US on 12/30, which will put me over to Plat. I normally wouldn't care how quickly they post, but I'm flying out on 1/2/13 again and the upgrade chances would be nice...

exbayern Nov 21, 2012 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by UA-NYC (Post 19726498)
She/they replied pretty much instantaneously when someone asked a question about GPU extension length. I would be willing to bet you that they have read this thread. Whether they choose to address a 1 month and counting issue is up to them.

Agreed on the OW thought!

Well, hopefully things improved; a few of us were comparing notes earlier in the year and lost faith, unfortunately. I know that they were swamped with requests, many of which were probably unreasonable. I'll just say that I am disappointed with their online presence, and I know that I am not the only one.

It's been 8 months since this issue first seemed to become a trend, and things don't seem to be improving. I have a few LH and TP shorthauls coming up and am curious to see if the situation improves.

Meanwhile I need to go board my flight on AA now :p

UA-NYC Nov 21, 2012 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by exbayern (Post 19727124)
Well, hopefully things improved; a few of us were comparing notes earlier in the year and lost faith, unfortunately. I know that they were swamped with requests, many of which were probably unreasonable. I'll just say that I am disappointed with their online presence, and I know that I am not the only one.

It's been 8 months since this issue first seemed to become a trend, and things don't seem to be improving. I have a few LH and TP shorthauls coming up and am curious to see if the situation improves.

Meanwhile I need to go board my flight on AA now :p

Actually, it did seem to improve after early troubles - was fine for the past 4-5 months, up until mid-Oct it seems (of course, by "fine" I mean 3 days for UA metal and 4-5 days for *A metal...that would be "poor" for PMUA, DL, and AA). Past month, everyone seems to be having trouble.

No official word as of yet...

DennisT Nov 21, 2012 11:55 pm

2 of my missing 5 (in all) LH segments flown 11/1 posted finally after retro claim and another five days wait time yesterday 11/21.

Interestingly another segment flown on LH on 11/20 posted automatically this morning.

So now I´m waiting for tomorrow to do the retro claim for my long haul flight taken on 11/8.

AirTravelLover Nov 22, 2012 4:05 am

Miles on 11/18 Posted, But 11/17 Not

Both my two co-workers and I took different UA-operated flights on 11/17. However, the miles for those flights are still not posted in any one of our MP accounts. Strangely the miles on the next day 11/18 have been posted. Is this a systematic problem or just we three were left out?

milepig Nov 22, 2012 10:09 am

Need to change my SIG as 4 of the six missing US flights posted last night.

Now I'm down to:

2 US segments from 11/7 - report filed today at 15 day point.
2 UA segments from 11/17 - will claim on Saturday at 7 days if not posted

1,500 Chase EQMs - called about a week ago, need to call again, I guess.

ClipperDelta Nov 22, 2012 10:22 am

More anecdotal evidence:

My LX intra-European flights on 10/26, 11/3, 11/5, 11/10, and 11/12 all have NOT posted at this point. However, a transoceanic LX flight on 11/18, an AC short haul on 11/18, and a short-haul LX on 11/17 all posted today (11/22).

gfowler-ord-1k Nov 22, 2012 10:57 am

My UA flight of 11/16/2012 has not posted 7 days later so I sent in a Mileage Credit Request. http://www.united.com/web/en-US/Cont...ageCredit.aspx The email reply to the request stated:
Thank you for submitting your mileage credit request. It will take approximately 10 days for the MileagePlus Service Center to process your request.
I decided not to wait the 10 days and called
Hours: 7 a.m. – 12 a.m. (CT), 7 days a week
Call from the U.S. or Canada 1-800-421-4655, option 2
The automated system said the miles were already credited when they were not. After saying agent many times it connected me to a live person who said that the system said they were posted but they were not in my account. He did a work-around to get them posted and said I should see them in 24 hours.