Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

TSA PreCheck Program - Questions/Experiences for United Airlines Travellers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA PreCheck Program - Questions/Experiences for United Airlines Travellers

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2012, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by Ari
That was most likely the problem; you must match your name to your TT card exactly:

http://blog.tsa.gov/2012_07_24_archive.html

They have a graphic of how you should enter the information into United. To enter it into existing reservations, just go into the reservation and click on "Edit Traveler Information".
Here's a question. As the link screenshot shows, I can edit the traveller information for an upcoming reservation with a full middle name, so that's all good.

What's stupid is that the permanent traveller information system on the website does not allow for a middle name, only a middle initial. Since my full middle name is on my GE card, does that mean I have no choice but to hand-edit the name on my bookings each time I make one?
Old Aug 26, 2012, 5:10 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I won the precheck lottery for the first time when flying out of ORD last week. With no one in that line before me, I walked straight through--even better than the old days. If only this were a guaranteed thing, I could quit locking my wallet and phone in my carryon and get to the airport later.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 5:22 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP - UA *G MM - HH Diamond - Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Innerloop
Here's a question. As the link screenshot shows, I can edit the traveller information for an upcoming reservation with a full middle name, so that's all good.

What's stupid is that the permanent traveller information system on the website does not allow for a middle name, only a middle initial. Since my full middle name is on my GE card, does that mean I have no choice but to hand-edit the name on my bookings each time I make one?
No, once you make the change it should stick. At least that's been my experience.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by SEA1K4EVR
Huh? What decoder app are you referring to? What does it do? A PreCheck eligibility decoder? Has FriendlySkies got a contact at theTSA? Or even better..the NSA?
I wish I had a contact at the NSA. Bet I'd get LLL 100% of the time!!

No, in the AA forum, somebody found out that you can scan the barcode on the BP (it's a PDF417). If there is a three in a certain position, that'll give you LLL. A 0 in the spot will give CLR.

Worked like a charm at ORD this afternoon, on an AA r/t MCI-ORD. Used the T1 checkpoint, which was deserted.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 1:45 am

Programs: UA*G, NW, AA-G. WR-P, HH-G, IHG-S, ALL. TT-GE.
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
Why yes, yes it is. I just used it for the first time about 15 min ago. ^
But where is it? I tried to look for a sign and there was nobody at LAX T7 who could tell me where it is.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 5:19 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by HkCaGu
But where is it? I tried to look for a sign and there was nobody at LAX T7 who could tell me where it is.
You have to use the checkpoint that is in between T6 and T7 (where the Elite and GS lines are). The pre-check WTMD is all the way to the far right.

I didn't get LLL at the Pre-Check line at DCA (C) yesterday on a US Shuttle flight (UA codeshare) but I did skip about 40 people in the regular line.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 5:24 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA1K/2MM, Marriott Platinum Premier Lifetime
Prechecked worked today on UA for the first time at ORD.....been working for weeks on AA....oh well UA is finally catching up in time for me to ditch
Old Aug 27, 2012, 11:44 am
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
I wish I had a contact at the NSA. Bet I'd get LLL 100% of the time!!

No, in the AA forum, somebody found out that you can scan the barcode on the BP (it's a PDF417). If there is a three in a certain position, that'll give you LLL. A 0 in the spot will give CLR.

Worked like a charm at ORD this afternoon, on an AA r/t MCI-ORD. Used the T1 checkpoint, which was deserted.
You used ORD T1 for a flight on AA? Why?
Old Aug 27, 2012, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Ari
You used ORD T1 for a flight on AA? Why?
Friend was flying UA, so we got dropped off at T1. Both of us had several hours, so we lounge hopped, starting with the B6 RCC, moving to the DL SC, and finishing at the AC.

As far as Pre-Check, the AirServ lady scanning BPs was saying that the uptake rate hasn't been too bad, although there are times when she has long time periods of no LLL.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 12:31 pm

Programs: MP Ag, former 1K
I just used the precheck line from T6 at LAX as well.

For a few seconds, I felt like an inexperienced traveler as the TSA guy calmly talked me through the procedures of: Keep my laptop in the bag, keep my belt on, put my phone in the bag, keep my shoes on, then walk through the metal detector.....
Old Aug 27, 2012, 3:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold 1 Presidence Circle
Originally Posted by Innerloop

Here's my quandry and hoping someone can provide advice:

Been 100% successful with pre-check (knock on wood) for the past 5 weeks (twice each week, at IAH and ORD).
Got my GE card and noticed that my middle initial is missing (UA account has middle initial).

I know that pre-check and GE are not one in same but heard that GE info on my profile helps with pre-check.

So... do I remove my middle initial from UA account or request GE to include my middle initial, or just leave it be? I don't want to jeopardous the good thing I have going...
Old Aug 27, 2012, 4:01 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by TXbizman
Here's my quandry and hoping someone can provide advice:

Been 100% successful with pre-check (knock on wood) for the past 5 weeks (twice each week, at IAH and ORD).
Got my GE card and noticed that my middle initial is missing (UA account has middle initial).

I know that pre-check and GE are not one in same but heard that GE info on my profile helps with pre-check.

So... do I remove my middle initial from UA account or request GE to include my middle initial, or just leave it be? I don't want to jeopardous the good thing I have going...
Don't add the GE PASS ID to your profile, and you'll be fine. If you try to add it to your profile and reservations, you will be forced to play the name-matching game.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 5:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold 1 Presidence Circle
Originally Posted by 14940674
Don't add the GE PASS ID to your profile, and you'll be fine. If you try to add it to your profile and reservations, you will be forced to play the name-matching game.
Thanks - that's what I thought. If it ain't broke...

Any other experienced thoughts? Anyone?
Old Aug 27, 2012, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by 14940674
Interesting - take it out of your profile entirely, or just don't have it in there for any new reservation you book?
Old Aug 27, 2012, 6:22 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Interesting - take it out of your profile entirely, or just don't have it in there for any new reservation you book?
If it is in your profile, it will be added to each new booking you make on UA.com.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.