Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Status of United Clubs at EWR (C74 reopened 11 Oct 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2017, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pseudoswede
EWR United Club Status as of October 2023

Terminal A - Upper level, near Gate A27, 5:00 a.m. - 9:15 p.m. daily
C1 - Near gate C74 (upper level) - 5:00 a.m. – 10:30 p.m. daily - hot food, no showers [reopened 11 Oct 2023]
C2 - Pop-up location near C93 (now closed)
C3 - Near gate C123 (upper level) - 5:00 a.m. – 10:30 p.m. daily - hot food, shower suites

related threads: Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs? (C3)
United Polaris Lounge Open in Newark (EWR)

related thread: Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs?

Archive thread:Status of United Clubs at EWR {Archive}

Print Wikipost

Status of United Clubs at EWR (C74 reopened 11 Oct 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2021, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Atuchan
I will be flying Polaris on Sunday. The last time I went through EWR, they punched my ticket for premium drinks at the UC front desk.
The situation is the same now? Do I ask the lounge dragon to punch a hole in my ticket for premium drinks?
Ask at the check-in desk how you avail yourself of the premium drinks, assuming they will not tell you proactively.
Could be a hole punch, a stamp, an extra boarding pass with something written on it, etc.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 3:09 pm

Programs: CoUniHound 1K 1MM, AA EXP 2MM, DL Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Currently sitting in the Gate 70 UC. Club is so packed people are sitting on the floor. You can barely move through the crowd at the food station. At least 30-40 people in the club have a Polaris bag which the front desk is handing out to Polaris customers. Glad there aren't enough Polaris customers to open the PL.

And don't get excited about the Polaris bags. Nothing but snack food, chips and such. Including a bag of grain-free tortilla chips. I'm sorry, that's just wrong.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 3:23 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by Catbert10
Currently sitting in the Gate 70 UC. Club is so packed people are sitting on the floor. You can barely move through the crowd at the food station. At least 30-40 people in the club have a Polaris bag which the front desk is handing out to Polaris customers. Glad there aren't enough Polaris customers to open the PL.

And don't get excited about the Polaris bags. Nothing but snack food, chips and such. Including a bag of grain-free tortilla chips. I'm sorry, that's just wrong.
I’m here as well. Pathetic
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Airtrain timed to arrive around 10 mins prior to boarding -> security usually 5 minutes or less -> casual walk to gate, and board in the minimum amount of time spent at EWR. Packed UC, packaged snacks, standing room, not worth the time even if my flight boards from C-1.
​​​​​​
Old Sep 18, 2021, 5:59 pm

Programs: *
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Ask at the check-in desk how you avail yourself of the premium drinks, assuming they will not tell you proactively.
Could be a hole punch, a stamp, an extra boarding pass with something written on it, etc.
Well last time I was there few weeks ago they punched my boarding pass but didn't say what it meant. Incidentally they also punched that of a minor I was travelling with. I only learnt what it was reading here few days later (not that I would have cared).

​​​​​​​
Originally Posted by Catbert10
At least 30-40 people in the club have a Polaris bag which the front desk is handing out to Polaris customers.
Well they didn't give us any two weeks ago so that is an EWR United Club improvement! Who says United is not sensitive to our concerns 😜
Old Sep 19, 2021, 6:00 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by ani90
Well last time I was there few weeks ago they punched my boarding pass but didn't say what it meant. Incidentally they also punched that of a minor I was travelling with. I only learnt what it was reading here few days later (not that I would have cared).

Well they didn't give us any two weeks ago so that is an EWR United Club improvement! Who says United is not sensitive to our concerns 😜
Much earlier in the pandemic, they handed out a voucher that clearly stated what it was for.

I've been through the EWR UC 4 times this year on intl J and I received an amenity kit once so it does not seem very consistent. There was also once where they even neglected to punch my BP.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 11:14 am
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
My biggest concern on my (first ever) visit to the C74 club last week was the scarcity of mens room toilets. I found three (maybe four?) restrooms, each with a single toilet which was occupied. Two of the restrooms had a line for that single bog. For a club that size, especially with the volume of passengers (SRO), that seems a bit skimpy on the plumbing. And, IMHO it would be much preferable to have a single room with four toilets rather that four rooms each with one toilet.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 12:56 pm

Location: EWR and KGL (with occasional home/work trips to NRT/ITM)
Programs: MP MM 1K, Sky Miles, Emirates Gold
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Thanks. Last time, I had to ask Lounge Dragon for a punch but I will ask the check-in counter for the procedure.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 1:20 am

Location: EWR and KGL (with occasional home/work trips to NRT/ITM)
Programs: MP MM 1K, Sky Miles, Emirates Gold
Went to EWR United Club yesterday afternoon (16:00-18:00). The place was packed. Premier drink for Polaris customers wereserved after receiving a punch hall on the ticket at the entrance.

Could not ask the procedure at the check-in counter as the Polaris/1K check-in counters were so packed with passengers.

No champagne offered (only prosecco). Snacks are minimum as well.

IT was so clouded. They should open up the Polaris lounge even if they do not offer hot foods.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 10:30 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by wpcoe
My biggest concern on my (first ever) visit to the C74 club last week was the scarcity of mens room toilets. I found three (maybe four?) restrooms, each with a single toilet which was occupied. Two of the restrooms had a line for that single bog. For a club that size, especially with the volume of passengers (SRO), that seems a bit skimpy on the plumbing. And, IMHO it would be much preferable to have a single room with four toilets rather that four rooms each with one toilet.
Which is why many travelers with someone to watch their bags (and hold their seats) abandon the UC and go to the nearest mens room in the concourse. Turn around time almost always faster than what you described. If traveling alone, try to remember to stop off before the UC - or wait until you were leaving anyway.

Some of the renovated UCs have grouped single occupancy/all gender rest rooms, like this one at RDU.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 1:05 pm
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by tarheelnj
Which is why many travelers with someone to watch their bags (and hold their seats) abandon the UC and go to the nearest mens room in the concourse. Turn around time almost always faster than what you described. If traveling alone, try to remember to stop off before the UC - or wait until you were leaving anyway.

Some of the renovated UCs have grouped single occupancy/all gender rest rooms, like this one at RDU.
The curse of the solo traveler.

Actually, when I posted, I was hoping I was wrong and had overlooked some large restroom with adequate plumbing facilities. Oh, well.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 1:27 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Main club by gate C 74 isn’t that crowded at the moment. Can’t comment on the pop-up club as I haven’t been there.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 2:30 pm

Can anyone guest me on Monday 27th evening?
thank you kindly.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 7:00 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by wpcoe
The curse of the solo traveler.

Actually, when I posted, I was hoping I was wrong and had overlooked some large restroom with adequate plumbing facilities. Oh, well.
I go to the (revamped) terminal bathrooms rather than the UC too. The UC ones are really gross/quiet/small. It says a lot about the UC EWR C74 when the actual AIRPORT bathrooms are now better than the club's...
Plane-is-home and manstein58 like this.

Last edited by seanp7; Sep 21, 2021 at 7:21 am
Old Sep 21, 2021, 7:02 am

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
C74 never fails to disappoint.

First time I've seen self-serve soup out. And this one is tasty.

manstein58 likes this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Sep 21, 2021 at 9:07 am Reason: merged consecutive posts by same member

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.