Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Status of United Clubs at EWR (C74 reopened 11 Oct 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2017, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pseudoswede
EWR United Club Status as of October 2023

Terminal A - Upper level, near Gate A27, 5:00 a.m. - 9:15 p.m. daily
C1 - Near gate C74 (upper level) - 5:00 a.m. – 10:30 p.m. daily - hot food, no showers [reopened 11 Oct 2023]
C2 - Pop-up location near C93 (now closed)
C3 - Near gate C123 (upper level) - 5:00 a.m. – 10:30 p.m. daily - hot food, shower suites

related threads: Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs? (C3)
United Polaris Lounge Open in Newark (EWR)

related thread: Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs?

Archive thread:Status of United Clubs at EWR {Archive}

Print Wikipost

Status of United Clubs at EWR (C74 reopened 11 Oct 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2022, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
You know it's bad when there are seatings directly across from the bathroom entrance.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Repooc17
You know it's bad when there are seatings directly across from the bathroom entrance.
Ah, the bathroom waiting area.

David
Old Mar 7, 2022, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by goodeats21
I was at the Terminal A club yesterday afternoon. As always, an oasis of calm compared to Terminal C nuttiness.

But kind of amazed they had absolutely no beer of any kind. No draft, no bottles. Free or for a charge. Just nothing.
Their draft system is totally down (leak of some kind?), but to not have any bottles is just laziness.
Also no Bloody Mary mix, but the Frat House gin is still there.

Their new contractor is needs to get their crap together.

I haven't formally complained at all during the COVID era, but fired off a complaint to 1K voice last night. Tired of Newark not even trying...
That club is really deplorable with the lack of coffee machine too.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 12:05 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Can you tell me when do they start serving alcohol at the United Club in Terminal C, please?
Old Mar 13, 2022, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by Cat88L3
Can you tell me when do they start serving alcohol at the United Club in Terminal C, please?
6am
Old Mar 14, 2022, 3:17 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Marriott Gold Elite, IHG Platinum, HHonors Silver
What’s the breakfast situation looking like these days? Will be coming off a red eye from SF and looking forward to stuffing myself with hot stuff
Old Mar 14, 2022, 6:20 am

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Originally Posted by flyingrohit
What’s the breakfast situation looking like these days? Will be coming off a red eye from SF and looking forward to stuffing myself with hot stuff
Apples, oranges, bananas (sometimes), Cheerios, oatmeal (channel "Escape from Cellblock D"), and a really dreadful, incredibly salty, and completely unappetizing melted ersatz cheese & ham biscuit grenade. Don't get your hopes up
Old Mar 14, 2022, 10:27 am

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder
Originally Posted by manstein58
Apples, oranges, bananas (sometimes), Cheerios, oatmeal (channel "Escape from Cellblock D"), and a really dreadful, incredibly salty, and completely unappetizing melted ersatz cheese & ham biscuit grenade. Don't get your hopes up
If you are talking about the Jimmy Dean MacMuffins, I rather like them (except for the salt).
Old Mar 19, 2022, 12:32 pm

Hey all, have one of those Terminal A flights tomorrow for the first time in years so had a couple questions:

1. Is A club open?On my flight status page it says “A under construction So arrive early”, but my gate still says A24 so not sure what that’s supposed to mean whether terminal is still functional but restricted, or what it is

2. as a slightly off topic extension, what exactly is the status of term A, how early should I take that shuttle there? Etc. Thanks!
Old Mar 19, 2022, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Hey all, have one of those Terminal A flights tomorrow for the first time in years so had a couple questions:

1. Is A club open?On my flight status page it says “A under construction So arrive early”, but my gate still says A24 so not sure what that’s supposed to mean whether terminal is still functional but restricted, or what it is

2. as a slightly off topic extension, what exactly is the status of term A, how early should I take that shuttle there? Etc. Thanks!
1. UC in Terminal A is open: https://www.united.com/en/us/fly/tra...locations.html

2. Assuming you're flying into Terminal C. If you'r so inclined, saunter over to either C74 or C93 UCs to see what they have. Usually, Terminal A and C74 food offerings are fairly similar. If you want more time in a place that's quieter and has phone booths, take the bus shuttle over to A sooner rather than later. Use the restrooms in the UC unless you feel like using the pop up ones in the middle of the gate area.

David
Old Mar 19, 2022, 12:56 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P

Yes the UA club is open -- and as one of the newer clubs it is well equipped -- except for the bar area. I was through a few weeks ago and the bar area basically had nothing on tap -- same thing with the drink machine -- all are down for repair and have been for a while (I saw a recent report that this has still not been fixed).

My only complaint with terminal A is that the TSA precheck security seems to be closed a lot (I fly EWR-DCA a lot unfortunately) so you get a card and have to go through the regular lane which can be painfully slow and always seem to attract people that apparently haven't flown in years and years and are stunned they can't take their massive water bottle through... The food area before security is still there but quality isn't great -- and there isn't much in terms of food post security. I also always get that notice about arriving early but honestly just arrive as I always have and it hasn't been an issue...
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Seems like some of the terminal public space has reopened.

Is gate 123A new?
Old Mar 20, 2022, 12:07 am

Originally Posted by DELee
1. UC in Terminal A is open: https://www.united.com/en/us/fly/tra...locations.html

2. Assuming you're flying into Terminal C…..

David
Alright sounds good. thanks for the word on terminal A club, I think I’ll hang out there. I’m not flying into terminal C as I’ve already been in NY for a few days so I’m originating in EWR. But this is good info as now I’ll go straight to A after I finish my 30 min nap in Terminal C’s precheck lane.

Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
Yes the UA club is open -- and as one of the newer clubs it is well equipped -- except for the bar area. I was through a few weeks ago and the bar area basically had nothing on tap -- same thing with the drink machine -- all are down for repair and have been for a while (I saw a recent report that this has still not been fixed).

My only complaint with terminal A is that the TSA precheck security seems to be closed a lot (I fly EWR-DCA a lot unfortunately) so you get a card and have to go through the regular lane which can be painfully slow and always seem to attract people that apparently haven't flown in years and years and are stunned they can't take their massive water bottle through... The food area before security is still there but quality isn't great -- and there isn't much in terms of food post security. I also always get that notice about arriving early but honestly just arrive as I always have and it hasn't been an issue...
no problem i think I’ll go to C and take the shuttle to A. Maybe even stop by B for LH Senator if time permits? Who knows but this is good to know that the club is open and functional, thanks for the info!!
Old Mar 20, 2022, 2:20 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by Repooc17
Seems like some of the terminal public space has reopened.

Is gate 123A new?
The corridor that splits off to the right at the far half of the pier with the high C gates? That was new to me when passing through there recently.

Didn’t notice any new gates though. Was 123A actually a different door than 123?
Old Mar 20, 2022, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
I flew MCI-EWR-DCA on Thursday and, until a short time before the CRJ-500 to DCA, I forgot the Terminal A club was an option. Terminal C, as usual, was packed with people wanting Jimmy Dean sandwiches. A, otoh, was deserted and felt peaceful. It looks quite nice and the food selection was switched to lunch, so way better than the breakfast in C. I didn't have enough time to visit the bar, though I did hear somebody ask what was on draft and be told nothing was. I saw a ton of alcohol bottles in the back, though I'm not sure if they were serving bottles only or just doing nothing at this time. Pretty certain the coffee machine was up and running, though as I don't drink it, I didn't poke around the machine.

SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.