Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone booked LH F awards recently?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2013, 7:52 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by agp423
Also, LH's website says the FRA-KIX flights have updated first class, can someone confirm? This is the one with the seat and the bed?
Yep, that's the one that has been flying that route.... But why do you want to know, thought you were booked in C?
Old Oct 28, 2013, 8:17 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
I booked in I (business award), but I am looking to upgrade to O (first award) when the time comes. The time being two weeks before departure (July 2014) when F award starts to pop up.

Last edited by TOMFORD; Oct 28, 2013 at 8:29 am
Old Oct 28, 2013, 7:39 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
This question may get a little confusing so please bear with me, but any help would be great! I had originally booked my mom and sister in J on DEL-ZRH-EWR with the intention of shifting that to DEL-FRA-EWR in F. Well, LH decided to make my life very difficult and released 1 F at a time on each flight, meaning I had to change my reservation multiple times. Now I've finally managed to secure them both in F on both flights, but LH.com is showing multiple ticket numbers for my sister and neither one is associated with the reservation where both flights are in F. When I called LH the agent said he sees everything is ok and not to worry about what the site shows. What do you guys think? Is it ok there are multiple ticket numbers and they are both old ones?
Old Oct 28, 2013, 7:47 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by merc1234
This question may get a little confusing so please bear with me, but any help would be great! I had originally booked my mom and sister in J on DEL-ZRH-EWR with the intention of shifting that to DEL-FRA-EWR in F. Well, LH decided to make my life very difficult and released 1 F at a time on each flight, meaning I had to change my reservation multiple times. Now I've finally managed to secure them both in F on both flights, but LH.com is showing multiple ticket numbers for my sister and neither one is associated with the reservation where both flights are in F. When I called LH the agent said he sees everything is ok and not to worry about what the site shows. What do you guys think? Is it ok there are multiple ticket numbers and they are both old ones?
I did two RT LH F rewards last months which had multiple changes up to the end. Yes the LH website showed multiple itineraries and multiple ticket numbers. It will only let you check in online for the real one. You should not have a problem.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 8:16 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by cova
You should not have a problem.
just the answer I was hoping for! thanks
Old Oct 30, 2013, 12:08 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

If you are booked in business and want to upgrade to first, when you call UA, do they have to rebook your entire trip or is there just an upgrade button they will click and then charge you the extra miles/fees?
Old Oct 30, 2013, 12:17 pm

If you are booked in business and want to upgrade to first, when you call UA, do they have to rebook your entire trip or is there just an upgrade button they will click and then charge you the extra miles/fees?
Generally you need to call and they reissue the ticket with the new f seats. Easy peasy

Originally Posted by merc1234
When you go to check in it will only show your valid ticket. All the old ones disappear.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Oct 30, 2013 at 1:17 pm Reason: merge
Old Oct 30, 2013, 1:15 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by LufthansaFlyer
Generally you need to call and they reissue the ticket with the new f seats. Easy peasy
Okay. I was just worried because I have a LH segment on the departure and return of a RT award ticket I booked. I was afraid that the return LH segment wouldn't be able to upgraded since the departure parts would have been flown by the time the returns would be in the 14 day period for upgrades.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 6:33 am

Programs: Ex-NWA Plat
Phantom award availability: LH First

Miles and More has LH F available
United.com has LH F available

But when I attempt to book on the United website using United miles, the flights come back as not available after going through the entire booking process / submitting CC information, etc.

WHY?

(FWIW: Its the EWR-FRA flight LH403 on November 3rd.)
Old Nov 1, 2013, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by gottaluvNW

But when I attempt to book on the United website using United miles, the flights come back as not available after going through the entire booking process / submitting CC information, etc.

WHY?

That's normal unfortunately for LH f seats for travel more than 10-14 days out.
United blames LH LH blames ua for this supposed IT phenomenon. We affectionately call it phantom inventory. However, considering the UA changes to MP announced today, we may as well call it Saskquatch (sp?) inventory since we may never see it after next Feb 1!

Last edited by LufthansaFlyer; Nov 1, 2013 at 7:29 am
Old Nov 1, 2013, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by gottaluvNW

WHY?

Did tried calling? As of 10am ET I don't see any availability on UA, EF or ANA on that flight. Hopefully you were able to snag it.

Actually just noticed this on EF:

LH Award searches are temporarily unavailable and will be returning by November 7 at the latest. Thank you for your patience and understanding in the interim.

Anyone have any idea what this is? Is this related to just the search or is availability actually impacted?

Last edited by iluv2fly; Nov 1, 2013 at 9:39 am Reason: merge
Old Nov 1, 2013, 8:40 am

Programs: Ex-NWA Plat
Originally Posted by LufthansaFlyer
That's normal unfortunately for LH f seats for travel more than 10-14 days out.
United blames LH LH blames ua for this supposed IT phenomenon. We affectionately call it phantom inventory. However, considering the UA changes to MP announced today, we may as well call it Saskquatch (sp?) inventory since we may never see it after next Feb 1!
I looked up another date next week for travel as well. Same problem. M&M website shows inventory. UA website is the same. MileagePlus on the phone insists there is no inventory, even though they can see it themselves on the UA website (they say its an IT glitch.)

If I were to fathom a guess.... LH got irritated at UA and threatened to block LH F from MileagePlus redemptions till the mileage requirements equaled or were more than what LH/LX were charging their own frequent fliers. I figure this IT glitch will miraculously disappear, come February 1st.

*angry*

Last edited by gottaluvNW; Nov 1, 2013 at 8:46 am
Old Nov 1, 2013, 9:09 am

This is where you need to check ANA. I looked and don't see availability for that flight on ANA's website.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 1:15 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

I booked an award flight for next summer, will I be charged more miles due to the UA devaluation? What if I were to change from LH business to LH first when award seats open up?
Old Nov 1, 2013, 1:26 pm

I booked an award flight for next summer, will I be charged more miles due to the UA devaluation? What if I were to change from LH business to LH first when award seats open up?
yes more miles required

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.