Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade priority on UA

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2011, 5:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MP 1K ,AAEXP, Dollar, Marriott Gold,Hertz Gold,SIXT Platnium, CBP Global Entry,Starwood Gold
Upgrade priority on UA

Last month, I crossed the threshold to 80k between the two programs. So, CO shows me as Plat. and UA shows 1P.
Mrs 1kwannabe (1P) and I are on UA951 the 29th of October.
Have searched for the answer and am unclear.
Does CO Plats get upgraded before 1Ps on UA operated flights/UA metal.
I know they clear in the same 72 hour window. Just wondering if I need to change my MP number on the resevation to my CO OP number to be ahead of the 1Ps???

Any and all help appreciated.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 5:37 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by 1kwannabe
....Does CO Plats get upgraded before 1Ps on UA operated flights/UA metal.....
no, on UA metal
GS>1K>1P>CO Gold (PPlat, Plats and Golds)>2P>CO Silver

better to be an 1P on UA metal

UDU T&Cs
Old Oct 21, 2011, 5:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MP 1K ,AAEXP, Dollar, Marriott Gold,Hertz Gold,SIXT Platnium, CBP Global Entry,Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
no, on UA metal
GS>1K>1P>CO Gold (PPlat, Plats and Golds)>2P>CO Silver

better to be an 1P on UA metal
Thanks WineCountry for the clarification. Will leave it as is!
Old Nov 11, 2011, 12:07 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, various hotel
Quick upgrade priority Q--1P v. Plat on UA metal

Hi all,

Quick (emergency) question:

On UA metal, is 1P still prioritized above. CO plat? I have both numbers, and I'm trying to figure out which to use for a flight this evening.

Thanks!
Old Nov 11, 2011, 12:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by SamOF
On UA metal, is 1P still prioritized above. CO plat?
It should be.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 2:04 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, various hotel
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
It should be.
Thanks!
Old Nov 12, 2011, 6:53 am

Programs: DL (MM), UA(MM) , AA(MM) , Bonvoy - LT Titanium
My Last Flight as a 1K

Have an upcoming trip on UA - which is likely to be my last as a 1K (switched to AA in Jan). I am trying to use up my CR-1's and the Agent tells me that because of my lack of activity this year, I am not likely to clear as there are others on the list with higher activity in 2011. I was always under the impression that current activity had no bearing on pecking order. It was always status, Class of Service and time of request etc...

Anybody else have this this experience?

Last edited by tullupump; Nov 12, 2011 at 6:55 am Reason: typo's
Old Nov 12, 2011, 8:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by tullupump
I was always under the impression that current activity had no bearing on pecking order.
Many agents make up their own rules, and some actually believe what they say. This is one of them.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 4:16 pm

Programs: United 1K, CO Pres Club,AMEX Plat, Nexus
*G trumps 1K on United UDU

My biz partner and I are on UA 0307 this Thursday. He is CO Plat, I am CO Plat and UA 1K. We both booked the flights on CO.com. Last week I phoned CO and asked to have my 1K number put in the reservation thinking it would increase my chance at an upgrade.

Today he got the UDU, while I did not. I phoned the 1K desk where for 15 minutes the agent had me alternating on hold and listening to an explanation that *G is the same rank as 1K. After asking for a supervisor, the supervisor told me the same thing.

Finally, she said "well now that I look closely I can see your CO OP number is the main number on this rez, which is why you look to be the same rank as your friend". I ask her to fix that and make my 1K number the main number. She does and then says "tough luck, FC is full".

What a lovely result. Thanks UACO. What a wonderfully transparent and smooth process this has been.

No apology. No "I'm sorry this was mixed up". Just "too bad".

I expect better treatment...
Old Jan 31, 2012, 4:25 pm
In Memorium

Programs: UA 1K-3.5MM; AA Exec. Plat.; Hyatt Diamond; Marriott Platinum
Is it true that if you change your FF #/airline on a reservation that you go to the back of the pack for your fare bucket/elite tier?
Old Jan 31, 2012, 4:30 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
You got a bum deal --- but your tittle is incorrect.

Booking on CO.com meant your CO OP number / Plat status was used. To change to your 1K number would have been better done by an UA agent, as has been discussed on FT the change of accounts post purchase has been iffy.

So in your case, it was two Plats competing and you lost. UA never saw you as an 1K.

If this is the worse you have seen of the merger, consider yourself lucky.

BTW, there has been some updates on the CO operated side, 1K are the same as Plats for priority. A good step for switching over to the CO system on March 3.

The good news, we only have another month before "operating" as two airlines is done!

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 31, 2012 at 4:36 pm Reason: typo
Old Jan 31, 2012, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
You got a bump deal --- but your tittle is inccorrect.

Booking on CO.com meant your CO OP number / Plat staus was used. To change to your 1K number would have been better done by an UA agent, as has been discussed on FT the change of accounts post purchase has been iffy.

So in your case, it was two Plats competing and you lost. UA never saw you as an 1K.

The good news, we only have another month before "operating" as two airlines is done!
Perhaps. But when I called the CO Elite desk and asked them to make my 1K the primary number, why wouldn't I expect that to happen? I did my part, UACO didn't do theirs.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Was the flight operated by UA or CO?
Old Jan 31, 2012, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by joshwex90
Was the flight operated by UA or CO?
UA. Hence my call to have my 1K number placed on the rez instead of my OP number.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by strategy9
Perhaps. But when I called the CO Elite desk and asked them to make my 1K the primary number, why wouldn't I expect that to happen? I did my part, UACO didn't do theirs.
no argument, just a caution it is better to deal with the group operating the flight versus the group the marketed the flight in a two airline situation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.