Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

CO/UA Million Mile (and Beyond) Flyer Benefits, Effective Spring 2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2013, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
deleted
Print Wikipost

CO/UA Million Mile (and Beyond) Flyer Benefits, Effective Spring 2012

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2012, 12:54 pm
xFF

Programs: UA lifetime 1K
Originally Posted by goingbananas
Sorry...Circle Pacific Fares that One World offers. ACIR for F class, DCIR for J class. look on the One World FT forum under Circle Pacific fares.
Thanks. I read "OW" to mean "one way," so I was lost.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 1:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k
Sorry if this has been answered - it's a long thread and didn't find it in the few pages i skimmed.

If I'm 1MM 1k, I nominate my significant other for status match - they get 1k as I understand it even though I'm only 1MM. Do they get 6 SWU's per year also and any regionals?
Old Jan 6, 2012, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Originally Posted by travel.flier
Do they get 6 SWU's per year also and any regionals?
They get neither, unless of course, they fly 75K EQM for the first set of CR1s and at least 100K EQM for 6 SWU.

Dave
Old Jan 6, 2012, 1:49 pm

Programs: UA Plat 2.2MM, AA nobody, IHG Gold, HH Silver
Originally Posted by dasams
I wrote several letters to Mr Foland and received a reply from his office. I was at 1.8MM BIS before the adjustment and will not be grandfathered. I fly the cheapest seat per corporate guidelines and am confident that had I been GS, I would have been grandfathered (based on other postings in this thread).

I think it's a combination of spend and how close you were to the 2MM mark to be honest. I fly el-cheapo tickets as well, but was much closer to the mark (1.94 at the end of 2011 to be precise). I was told I could have the lifetime Club membership if I made up the difference in real BIS miles in 2012. I actually thought this was a fair resolution for my case (and was one I actually suggested in my note to MP since I knew I'd already be 40% of the way there by the end of January).

Originally Posted by travel.flier
If I'm 1MM 1k, I nominate my significant other for status match - they get 1k as I understand it even though I'm only 1MM. Do they get 6 SWU's per year also and any regionals?
The only people getting free SWUs are 3MM-ers if they don't already get them through flying (ditto 2MM for the 2 CR1s you get at the 75000 PQM mark, and with the exception I believe for the SWUs of those grandfathered CO infinite elites).

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jan 7, 2012 at 3:44 pm Reason: merge
Old Jan 6, 2012, 2:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Xyzzy
I'm sure UA does care about these complaints. Unfortunately, as others noted here in the last day or two, there really isn't much for them to say.
Sure there is. Acknowledge that there is a certain degree of unhappiness among faithful UA customers, and assure these customers that their concerns have been heard, and are being assessed.

Continued silence is simply stupid, as it breeds ill will.

Originally Posted by Pat89339
The other side of the issue is that while the numbers posting to this thread don't amount to a dominant percentage in total original 1KMM in the UA program, many of us are in a position to direct the loyalty and spend of others because our friends/family/business colleagues, etc. turn to us when they are looking to fly somewhere or start flying for business and the like. Would I recommend, as I have in the past, others to the new UA? Absolutely not. I already have a laundry list of new 2Ps who are rather ticked off at me for recommending they consolidate their flying on UA in 2011 at the beginning of last year only to have the benefits rug pulled out from under them in 2012.
Same here. I've be a pro-UA cheerleader amongst my colleagues for years. I've taught many of them how to find upgradeable seats for personal travel, and how to best select flights to maximize the chance of an upgrade while traveling on business.

No more.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 2:57 pm
xFF

Programs: UA lifetime 1K
Originally Posted by OtleyFlyer
the exception I believe for the SWUs of those grandfathered CO infinite elites).
That's correct. Legacy IE's get no unearned certificates at all.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 9:04 am

Programs: UA Lifetime 1K - DL Million Miler - AS 100K
I Agree

Originally Posted by JohnMacWW
Okay, I get it that Smisek is the poster child for all that we are frustrated with in the merger. And I personally am tired of seeing his smiling face at the start of every flight. I cannot decide if we he is more like "I'm lying" Joe Isuzu or the face of Magazine.

BUT, I would rather have a stable, profitable, reliable airline than what United was like in previous years. Egocentric leaders do not scare me, but bad management does. But many of the decisions they are making will maintain profits even though I personally may not like them. I will judge Smisek and UA not by what I am afraid is going to happen, but by what does actually happen in the coming year(s). If it sucks, I will go somewhere else. If it does not, then I will stay. In the end, market forces will take US down or boost it up and all of our griping is like an investor trying to push the market through his or her trades.
+1

If what the new CO/UA is doing results in a stronger and more viable airline going forward then all the complaining going on in this group is worthless.

How much profit did the old United make in the last ten years?

If a company doesn't make a profit, then sooner or later its going to go out of business. I'd much rather have an airline make a profit and stay in business. Members of this forum represent a small subset of all the people flying the new United. Their case concerning their MM benefits has been made in numerous postings.

I think making insulting remarks about the managers of the new United is counterproductive.

The case for modifying the MM benefits has been made. I think members of this forum should step back from all their negative postings and give United a few weeks to let us know if there are going to be any changes.

On a side note, when I hit MM status with Delta several years ago all I got was lifetime Silver. That silver benefit over the years has been going down hill since then. I made the decision to avoid Delta at all costs. If old United members are unhappy with what is being offered them by the new United then seek out greener pastures elsewhere.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Houston Traveler

If old United members are unhappy with what is being offered them by the new United then seek out greener pastures elsewhere.

Many have, and many certainly will.

That is the dumb thing about this whole debate.

Real cost to toss a few bones to defuse the issue is almost NIL.

Cost to gain a new top Elite is about 50 times more than keeping existing ones relatively happy.

No-one has been asking for the sky and moon above.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 10:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I think making insulting remarks about the managers of the new United is counterproductive.
If you put yourself out there constantly as the face of United, you're going to take the heat if things don't go so well. If Smisek doesn't want to get insulted, he has two choices - adopt a lower profile, or make sure United makes good on all the things he's promising.

The case for modifying the MM benefits has been made. I think members of this forum should step back from all their negative postings and give United a few weeks to let us know if there are going to be any changes.
Ah yes, the let's be nice approach. I'd be far less vocal if I thought UA management was aware of the dissatisfaction expressed on this board, and at the very least, acknowledged that it exists and that they are looking into our concerns. That they remain silent in the face of thousands of posts suggest they don't care. Until they start caring, we have every right to express our displeasure, as long as we stay within the rules.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
My belief remains that the merging of the 2 mega-beasts has been a bigger and slower mess than they thought.

The email yesterday offering folks an extra Elite period this year, as they still have not merged things properly seems to clearly underpin that all has not gone to plan, or they would NOT have done that.

Heaven forbid any peasant gets an EXTRA bennie of any kind!

The top brass ARE aware of this thread I can assure you, and the hostility from many of their very top fliers over the moving of some goalposts.

They will also now be able to see - maybe for the first time - how MANY of each level they now have. The jiggling of decades old Star partner flights and COS bonuses etc has just been done.

All that they need to do is to announce in a month or so time -

"As a further enhancement of our already generous Million Miler tiers we are pleased to announce the following additional benefits will apply for those already qualified, and for those yet to reach the next milestone tier" -

1MM - Premier Platinum - Lifetime
2MM - add lifetime Red Carpet Club
3MM - 1K Lifetime
4MM - Global Services Lifetime

All with a companion traveller option.

2/4/6/8 SWU's yearly for each level respectively either in lieu of companion or in addition to, whatever works.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 11:21 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
where

Originally Posted by ozstamps
All that they need to do is to announce in a month or so time -

"As a further enhancement of our already generous Million Miler tiers we are pleased to announce the following additional benefits will apply for those already qualified, and for those yet to reach the next milestone tier" -

1MM - Premier Platinum - Lifetime
2MM - add lifetime Red Carpet Club
3MM - 1K Lifetime
4MM - Global Services Lifetime

All with a companion traveller option.

2/4/6/8 SWU's yearly for each level respectively either in lieu of companion or in addition to, whatever works.
where does one sign up!
Old Jan 7, 2012, 3:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.3M Lifetime, Mariott Plat for life
Originally Posted by OtleyFlyer
I fly el-cheapo tickets as well, but was much closer to the mark (1.94 at the end of 2011 to be precise). I was told I could have the lifetime Club membership if I made up the difference in real BIS miles in 2012. I actually thought this was a fair resolution for my case.
I was offered the same but I'm at 1.8MM and not likely to fly 0.2MM this year. That's why I'd like a two year grace period dave
Old Jan 7, 2012, 6:36 pm

Programs: UA1P MM, Hilton Dia, Mar Lifetime Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by ozstamps
Cost to gain a new top Elite is about 50 times more than keeping existing ones relatively happy.
Completely agree!

The most important thing in growing sales = Don’t lose business out the back door.
Old Jan 8, 2012, 5:38 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hhonors gold
Originally Posted by UA Insider
[Here are the n]ew lifetime benefits [and] we think you’ll agree this is the most generous lifetime program in the world. The following will take effect next spring (so please hold tight until then):
  • Continental and United lifetime earnings will be combined. You all guessed that much, but the key will be how we do it. Continental’s lifetime earnings have been EQM-based, and United’s have been based on actual flight miles. Starting in 2012, the program will be based on actual flight miles, however, we will make a one-time adjustment on the United side to boost everyone’s lifetime earnings to EQMs dating back to the beginning of the program
  • Lifetime premier benefits for 1 million miles = Premier Gold, 2 million = Premier Platinum, 3 million = Premier 1K, 4 million = Global Services
  • Million milers will be able to designate a spouse or significant other to always have the same premier tier as them (this includes when the million miler member earns a higher tier). The spousal premier benefits will be identical as the member, except they will not include RPUs and GPUs. This spousal benefit will replace the one-time and annual upgrade gifts, and hopefully you’ll agree this is a better deal
  • Continental’s Infinite Elite members (the limited few of you that earned this back in the early 90’s) will be grandfathered in and given lifetime Premier 1K status, but without the GPUs. We hope you’ll agree this is a generous resolution

Thanks as always for your feedback, and we look forward to answering your questions.

Scott O’Leary
Managing Director, Customer Solutions
United Airlines
I would much appreciate the answer to this question, I am UK based, I am a 1K member of Mileage plus, and I can no longer find a link to book hotels with my miles, I am told there is one, but only for Americans, please tell this loyal subject that this is not so.
Old Jan 8, 2012, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by thebassman
I would much appreciate the answer to this question, I am UK based, I am a 1K member of Mileage plus, and I can no longer find a link to book hotels with my miles, I am told there is one, but only for Americans, please tell this loyal subject that this is not so.
Have you fund or tried this page (OnePass) or this page (MileagePlus)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.