FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CO/UA Million Mile (and Beyond) Flyer Benefits, Effective Spring 2012
Old Jan 6, 2012, 2:15 pm
halls120
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Xyzzy
I'm sure UA does care about these complaints. Unfortunately, as others noted here in the last day or two, there really isn't much for them to say.
Sure there is. Acknowledge that there is a certain degree of unhappiness among faithful UA customers, and assure these customers that their concerns have been heard, and are being assessed.

Continued silence is simply stupid, as it breeds ill will.

Originally Posted by Pat89339
The other side of the issue is that while the numbers posting to this thread don't amount to a dominant percentage in total original 1KMM in the UA program, many of us are in a position to direct the loyalty and spend of others because our friends/family/business colleagues, etc. turn to us when they are looking to fly somewhere or start flying for business and the like. Would I recommend, as I have in the past, others to the new UA? Absolutely not. I already have a laundry list of new 2Ps who are rather ticked off at me for recommending they consolidate their flying on UA in 2011 at the beginning of last year only to have the benefits rug pulled out from under them in 2012.
Same here. I've be a pro-UA cheerleader amongst my colleagues for years. I've taught many of them how to find upgradeable seats for personal travel, and how to best select flights to maximize the chance of an upgrade while traveling on business.

No more.