Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Official Invitation to UA Family Day at SFO MOC 9 Oct 2011 [REGISTRATION CLOSED]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Official Invitation to UA Family Day at SFO MOC 9 Oct 2011 [REGISTRATION CLOSED]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2011, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by boycruz
As i recieved the email i was just trying to clarify since baggage claim at SFO is quite long and the bus stop has multiple companies operating from this stop
Maybe someone can clarify further?
SFO T3 baggage claim is quite long ?

Are you mistaken int'l terminal ? SFO T3 baggage claim is less than half of ORD T1, and it is curving instead of going straight, you can see anything from the front end to the back end. Besides, all shuttles (hotels, employees, rental car, parking garages) use upper departure level only, so this will be the only shuttle on the lowel level.

You also realized since AA moved to T2, so the front end of T3 is already deserted, making the baggage claim strip at T3 even shorter.

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Sep 30, 2011 at 5:32 pm
Old Sep 30, 2011, 6:12 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K United 1K
does anyone know if this is a united bus or a long term or employee bus?

thanks in advance
Old Oct 1, 2011, 1:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by boycruz
does anyone know if this is a united bus or a long term or employee bus?

thanks in advance
Here you go. This is from the email:

Drivers
For attendees arriving via car we have a couple of different parking options.

Long Term Parking - $15.00/day
Once you have parked you can walk down S. Airport Blvd towards the airport. You will need to cross the street at the S. Airport Blvd and San Bruno intersection, as this will be your only chance to . Please take extra caution when crossing S. Airport Blvd, as it will be busy. Pass the facility’s main entrance lobby with the gray awning (again moving towards the airport) along the fence line. At the end of the fence, turn left and look for the “Welcome United Customers” sign near the South gate entrance.

Short Term Parking - $6.00/hr.
If the long term parking lot is full, another option is short term parking. United will be running a complimentary shuttle from the airport terminal to the event. To take the shuttle proceed to Terminal 3 baggage claim. Look for the shuttles marked “Event” on the side.

Flyers
For attendees arriving via airplane we have a single option for you J

Shuttle Service - Free !
United will be running a complimentary shuttle from the airport terminal to the event. To take the shuttle proceed to Terminal 3 baggage claim. Look for the shuttles marked “Event” on the side.

Public Transportation
Don’t want to bother with parking? Take BART or SamTrans; we recommend it

BART - varies
BART can take you right into the airport. After you disembark public transportation, make your way to Terminal 3 baggage claim to pick up the complimentary United Shuttle to the event. Look for shuttles marked “Event” on the side.

SamTrans - varies
SamTrans Route 292 stops directly in from of the United Maintenance Facility North Entrance. You will need to walk along S Airport Blvd towards the South Entrance. At the end of the fence, turn left and look for the “Welcome United Customers” sign near the South gate entrance.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 9:10 am

Programs: United 1K, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, AMEX Plat
I marked 'no guest' on my initial request to UA Insider and now I have a frequent flyer friend coming in to town. I hope i will be able to add!

Last edited by bestbet33; Oct 1, 2011 at 9:24 am
Old Oct 2, 2011, 2:10 pm

Programs: UA G
Any chance there were any openings on the waitlist? I'm "waitlisted" on the other forum, but I'm still holding out hope...
Old Oct 5, 2011, 11:48 pm

It seems my waitlist get cleared. just responsed back.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 9:40 pm

Programs: none
I tried PMing, but i guess it failed.
I would like to be on the waiting list.
Thanks
Old Oct 7, 2011, 4:07 am

Programs: UA MP/UC - "RIP Tulip Plat"
Looking forward to the weekend and another great year at Fleet Week!
Old Oct 7, 2011, 2:36 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime 1K, AA EXP, VS Silver, HY Diamond, HI Gold, SPG Gold
looking forward to my 1st Family Day!

Was a late confirmation to the event, but Shannon said I was confirmed! Looking forward to seeing familiar faces, meeting new ones, and having fun! Thanks, Shannon!
Old Oct 7, 2011, 4:28 pm

Programs: AS MVPG-75K & HYATT Diamond; former DL-DM, AA-PLT, US-PLT
Just received my confirmation from the waitlist. Thanks UAInsider.
Old Oct 7, 2011, 9:18 pm

Wristbands

Hello, i would like to find out if there are still available wristbandsfor
This Sunday!
Old Oct 8, 2011, 12:33 pm

Programs: AMEX PL, Avis First, AA GLD
Can't wait for tomorrow! Even though my flight from DFW-SFO got cancelled. I'll be there around 12:45. .
Old Oct 8, 2011, 2:49 pm

I know this is a longshot, but I would like to be placed on the waitlist for a last-minute opening.

In any event, enjoy the beautiful weather at Fleet Week!
Old Oct 8, 2011, 11:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton GLD, Marriott Plat, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by bestbet33
I marked 'no guest' on my initial request to UA Insider and now I have a frequent flyer friend coming in to town. I hope i will be able to add!

I also have the same question. Would it be possible to get a clarification in advance so that guests don't have to be turned away at the door?
Old Oct 9, 2011, 10:16 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
Mr. S. And i not attending

Sorry for shouting but we have come up against a work travel emergency on mr. s' s new job and will NOT be able to attend.

If this helps anyone I hope some waitlist people can go in our place. I have emailed COInsider (who sent the confirmation email) and will PM as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.