Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Official Invitation to UA Family Day at SFO MOC 9 Oct 2011 [REGISTRATION CLOSED]

Official Invitation to UA Family Day at SFO MOC 9 Oct 2011 [REGISTRATION CLOSED]

Old Sep 20, 2011, 12:45 pm
Company Representative, United Airlines
Original Poster

UPDATE: 9/21, 10:45AM - EVENT IS NOW FULL. FOR THOSE WHO SENT PMs ALREADY, YOU SHOULD RECEIVE AM EMAIL NO LATER THAN 9/22 WITH ADDITIONAL DETAILS. THANKS
Hi Everyone, as many of you know, this year's United Family Day Open House for United employees and their families will be held on Sunday, October 9th from 11AM to 5PM at our San Francisco maintenance center. We expect a large turn-out, but, we do have a limited number of tickets available that we’d like to offer to the FlyerTalk community.

There will be lots of activities and exhibits including a display of United aircraft, classic airplanes and smaller civil aircraft. Additionally, employees will be offering guided tours of one of United’s wide body aircraft, the maintenance facility and a close up look at many aircraft engines.

If you’re interested in joining us, please send me a private note through this forum that includes your name, an email address and your guest’s name if applicable. Requests will be handed on a first come, first serve basis. Once confirmed, you'll receive an email with all the specifics. We look forward to seeing you!

Shannon Kelly
Director, Customer Insights and Metrics
United Airlines

Last edited by UA Insider; Sep 21, 2011 at 9:50 am Reason: created new thread so all members will see this
Old Sep 20, 2011, 1:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott BonVoy LT Titanium Elite, National Executive Elite
Hi Shannon,

As someone from the PMCO side, we requested wristbands close to two weeks ago on FlyingTogether. We sent the e-mail with all of our information, but we have not gotten a confirmation yet that our request has been accepted. Is this normal? I don't want to go all the way to SFO (you know how it is trying to get there!) only to find out that we aren't on the list
Old Sep 20, 2011, 1:08 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
PM sent!
Old Sep 20, 2011, 1:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Ti, OW Ruby
Fleet week (30th anniversary)

PM sent!
Old Sep 20, 2011, 1:45 pm

to anybody actually going, dont forget to bring cash for UA branded shirts and other merchandse. Mugs, stuffed dolls, pens, models, etc. i got a nice green shirt with all UA's historical logos last year for $10 i believe. ive worn it a few times while flying, and its been an absolute hit around the system. Also, UA was giving out free wall posters of their watercolor illusttations of worldwide destinations think I got BKK and SYD.There was lots of tullip/old brand merchandise last year I swooped up.

anyone know if the the a320 pulling competition still going to be held this year? Also, the 744 emergency slide deployment is an interesting slight. And dont forget, this is fleet week, so the Blue Angels take off from SFO and give autographs to anybody who wants them. Last years setup was the engine shop, the main hanger which had all the merchdise and vendor tables (Airbus/Boeing have some awesome freebie posters), then outside there was a CO new livery 738 (with CO employees who were absolutely pissed they had to stand there in the plane all day hearding lice through), a parked PS 757, a 744 that had both cockpit and cabin tours (which was leaving that night for SYD), an airbus, and a 3 cabin 777 (no tours). They also had a tullip 744 do a low flyby over the bay (landing gear up). And of course, many departures roaring overhead throughout.

I've been attenting this event way back when it was held at UA's former maintience base at OAK. Its definitely well worth it to come! Last year I started a conversation with a man from one of the engine shop tables who just ultimately happened to be Jim Keenan, SVP Maintience UA. After everybody was nearly gone he even gave me a private one on one tour of the engine shop...utterly amazing.

Smisek was also there, but that was less interesting...gave his uninspired stump speech hitting on his regular talking point he always gives (clean, safe, reliable air transportation, great customer service, and a broad choice of destinations & flights).

Last edited by tuolumne; Sep 20, 2011 at 4:12 pm
Old Sep 20, 2011, 1:58 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tuolumne
anyone know if the the a320 pulling competition still going to be held this year?
Yes. The Team Captain should be posting shortly.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 2:14 pm

Wish I could go ....
Old Sep 20, 2011, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
PM sent, hopefully I will receive the confirmation soon so that I can buy my ticket.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 2:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K, BD Silver, Amtrak Select, SPG & PCR Plat/ICH Amb, AA, AS, DL, PR
Thanks Shannon for this year's invitation! PM to be sent and am looking forward to it!
Old Sep 20, 2011, 3:02 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Thanks Shannon and PM sent

Looking forward to giving you a Tootsie-Pop in person
Old Sep 20, 2011, 3:14 pm

Thank you Shannon -- I hope to hear from you soon.

REgards,
Chas.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 3:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP
Thanks Shannon

PM sent

Lurker
Old Sep 20, 2011, 3:32 pm

Programs: AMEX PL, Avis First, AA GLD
I sent a PM, hopefully there is still some!

Thanks UA Insider!
Old Sep 20, 2011, 3:34 pm

Programs: UA MM Gold, AA Ex Plat, SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
PM sent...thanks for the invite^
Old Sep 20, 2011, 4:23 pm

Programs: UA 2P, HH Gold
PM sent . . this is the first year I'd be able to make it. Hope to be there!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.