Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

General Questions re: MileagePlus Flex PQP ( was Flex PQM)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2018, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Benefits unique to the Chase MP Presidential Plus card (closed and not available for new cardholders)
- 1000 FPQM per $5,000 spend (or 0.2 / $1)
- FPQMs are only valid for Premier Silver / Gold / Platinum status, expire 3 years after earning
- FPQMs can only be used to increase PQMs to a max of 75,000. They are not counted once 75K is reached. (example 80K PQMs +10 FPQMs is still 80K total)
- FPQMs cannot be used to earn GPUs or RPUs past 75K PQMs
- FPQMs are held separately and are only used when the owner requests them to be applied to their MP account
FPQMs can be applied for a given year as late as March 31 of the next year
Print Wikipost

General Questions re: MileagePlus Flex PQP ( was Flex PQM)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2013, 7:18 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by CO_Nonrev_elite
... and should have a searchable subject line:...
such as
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...flex-eqms.html
or
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...lex-miles.html
or
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/conti...-swu-feqm.html
or
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ier-miles.html
and
others
Old Jan 6, 2013, 7:19 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by mduell
Isn't this the way they've always been, under CO and carried over to UA? To wit: FEQM don't count toward any milestone past 75k EQM.
Yup, some have mistakenly tried to interpret this such that you can use FEQM to earn 75K and then earn normal EQM to take you up to 100K or further, which is wrong. FEQM don't count above 75K, If you used 75K FEQM and 0 regular EQM to get Platinum you need 100K regular EQM to get to 1K, not 25K.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 7:19 pm

Programs: Million Miler, 1K - Basically spend a lot of time on planes
Good Business
Customer flew 150,743 miles on our airline, easy enough to give him the 2 extra certs and say thank you for your business.

Bad Business
Find whatever fine print to not pay out at the threshold. Make the customer feel bad.

What do we think is better for the long term viability for the company.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by mduell
Isn't this the way they've always been, under CO and carried over to UA? To wit: FEQM don't count toward any milestone past 75k EQM.
75K EQM was top dog on CO. There were no other milestones beyond that. So to be consistent, FEQMs should be able to take you to 1K now. That's what is so strange about the cap. Why stop at 75K?
Old Jan 6, 2013, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by JetAway
75K EQM was top dog on CO. There were no other milestones beyond that. So to be consistent, FEQMs should be able to take you to 1K now. That's what is so strange about the cap. Why stop at 75K?
So you can run your business on your CC and make 1K w/o even flying? Might as well just turn into US and sell off 1K for $3K or whatever.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
So you can run your business on your CC and make 1K w/o even flying? Might as well just turn into US and sell off 1K for $3K or whatever.
Since you only get 1,000 Flex EQMs per $5,000 spend, you'll be spending a very large sum to reach 1K. And it's possible to buy 1K now through the Accelerator. In any event, we're quickly moving beyond bis for earning airline benefits.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 7:30 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
If they allowed FEQM to count for 1K they would have to let PMUA Platinum credit card customers do the same, rather than limiting us to 10K PQM. If they did that many 1K's would be putting lots of spend on that card and spending less on the airline. It's fairly easy to generate 30 or 40K FEQM.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by escapefromphl
Yup, some have mistakenly tried to interpret this such that you can use FEQM to earn 75K and then earn normal EQM to take you up to 100K or further, which is wrong. FEQM don't count above 75K, If you used 75K FEQM and 0 regular EQM to get Platinum you need 100K regular EQM to get to 1K, not 25K.
You can use FEQM to earn various perks up to the 75k level. If you want to earn the perk at the 100/125/150k levels, only actual EQM count toward those.

You can buy plat early in the year with 75k FEQM, then fly your 100k EQM to get 1K status.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 8:59 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
UA historically "protected" 1Ks from dilution in several ways, such as not allowing buy-up to 1K, requiring higher registration fees or fare classes flown for DEQM promos, etc. (They subsequently in the late 2000s went back on all of that, though.)
Old Jan 6, 2013, 9:21 pm

Programs: DL Gold
You get 1000 elite miles for every 10k of spend.
No, the ratio is 1000 miles for 5K of spend.

I was also told that you cannot use Flex miles to cross over into a new status level.
Completely false. I achieved Platinum status by applying FEQM.

THAT THEY CANNOT BE USED FOR ANYTHING, AND INVALIDATE EVERYTHING ELSE YOU DO.
Completely false. They are extremely valuable for those of us who regularly fly between 50K and 75K per year (my average for the last 3 years is 60K BIS miles). They are essentially useless for those who fly >75K regularly, and they have the option of switching to the Club Card for the same benefits as the PresPlus, except no FEQM and an added 50% RDM bonus instead. You should call and get your card switched.
The point of this post is to have an easy to find post on this forum for reference for others thinking about these cards.
Then you should quote facts on the easy to find post, not incorrect information.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 9:37 pm
Suspended

Another improvement we know you'll like.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by AquaDyne
No, the ratio is 1000 miles for 5K of spend.

LOL, ok, but hardly relevant to what we are talking about

Completely false. I achieved Platinum status by applying FEQM.

ok, but this is contrary to what the agent said today

They are essentially useless for those who fly >75K regularly, and they have the option of switching to the Club Card for the same benefits as the PresPlus, except no FEQM and an added 50% RDM bonus instead. You should call and get your card switched.

I did that last august or so, and cancelled the Pres Plus card. I just didn't realise that the 3000 Flex miles I applied early last year were going to bite me in December.

Then you should quote facts on the easy to find post, not incorrect information.
We are having a discussion. I listed the facts as they were presented to me. Some things were correct, some helpful folks chimed in and updated on their experiences, some were not (Agent's giving wrong info etc). It's ok, we are discussing this. My guess is I fly more than most in this forum at 600,000 butt in seat miles each year across the various carriers etc. I, nor you know it all, that's why we discuss things on here.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 10:25 pm

We are having a discussion. I listed the facts as they were presented to me. Some things were correct, some helpful folks chimed in and updated on their experiences, some were not (Agent's giving wrong info etc). It's ok, we are discussing this.
Understood. Sorry if I came off as harsh. Most of the points you raise are in this thread somewhere...
My guess is I fly more than most in this forum at 600,000 butt in seat miles each year across the various carriers etc. I, nor you know it all, that's why we discuss things on here.
True, and the plain fact is that 1Ks have a limited view of some of the things we lower level elites have much more experience at (e.g., the usefulness of FEQM, or whether the T-24 limit on Silver E+ is as horrible as it sounds, etc.).
Old Jan 7, 2013, 1:01 am

Originally Posted by AquaDyne
or whether the T-24 limit on Silver E+ is as horrible as it sounds, etc.).
It is horrible
Old Jan 7, 2013, 3:12 pm

It is horrible
Are you saying this from personal experience? When did you take flights as a Silver under the new policy?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.