Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Months of Miles

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2011, 10:17 am

2P here, got the 500/4 offer in what looked like a MileagePlus summary e-mail (new?) but had "My MileagePlus: Months of Miles - earn unlimited miles with partner" as the subject. When I click the link to register, it takes me to a fairly generic page that does have the basic info of the promotion, but has no registration button and no terms of conditions of the offer. Pretty strange promo handling, united... not listed under 'my promotions' in any way. I assume the link I clicked from e-mail did the registration but it just isn't telling me that one way or another
Old Aug 18, 2011, 10:47 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
It has been 2 days since I "registered" by clicking the link on the first email. No confirmation like most of you. Today I got another email asking me to register, but this email had no mention of x # of times to make a transaction for x # of miles. The the post above says, the promotion hasn't started yet according to an agent. Who the heck thought this one up? Bad rollout.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
I did this once and it took about 4 -6 months for my miles to be credited. I am not sure that they have gotten better in picking up the pace of these and I just went back to earning points via Opeentable instead.

Concerning the CVS gift cards, I do a great deal of shopping at CVS stores and I do not see the above-noted restrictions as a problem. It appears that one can use the cards for in store purchase of prescriptions and anything else, other than purchasing another gift card -- which always has been the case.
It seems like this would work well at any UA shopping mall store, or by buying $10 gift cards from giftcertificates.com (which has a $2.95 fee). If you got the 2 transactions/1000 miles, the cost comes to $5.90 for 1000 miles.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by Nanook
It has been 2 days since I "registered" by clicking the link on the first email. No confirmation like most of you. Today I got another email asking me to register, but this email had no mention of x # of times to make a transaction for x # of miles. The the post above says, the promotion hasn't started yet according to an agent. Who the heck thought this one up? Bad rollout.
I called united mileage plus and they were able to confirm that I was registered as of 2 days ago.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 1:41 pm

Programs: UA GS, AS 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
Same here. I called and said the promotion was not under the My Promotions tab but a supervisor said I was registered and could start spending and gave me her reference number in case there was a problem
Old Aug 18, 2011, 4:33 pm

This feels like a stupid question, but I didn't see anything specific about it in either the United promotion terms, or on the MileagePlus Shopping site, but once you click through the portal to make a purchase, is it required to used the United Mileage Plus Visa? It seems like this should be required, but I haven't seen anything stating one way or the other.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 4:44 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
Originally Posted by exerda
Wonder if MyPoints transfers will count? I've already got around a few dozen partner activities lined up in the timeframe, plus have plenty of MyPoints ready to transfer over to MP if needed.
I'm in the same boat. Was saving them for Marriott cards, but might take a shot at the United transfer for the bonus.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 4:49 pm

Programs: UA GS, AS 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by dJason
This feels like a stupid question, but I didn't see anything specific about it in either the United promotion terms, or on the MileagePlus Shopping site, but once you click through the portal to make a purchase, is it required to used the United Mileage Plus Visa? It seems like this should be required, but I haven't seen anything stating one way or the other.

No. You can use any credit card through the portal. If you shop at retail stores though and are not using a United MileagePlus Visa, you need to register your card with the portal.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 4:51 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Avis First
1P here and go the 4 for 500 offer. Registered with the email link, but it does not show up in My promotions.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 4:57 pm

Location: IAD, and sometimes OMNI/PR. Currently: not far from IAD, but home will always be SAN (not far from the "touch my junk and I'll have you arrested" Memorial TSA Check Point) even if I'm not there so much these days.
Programs: UA, CO, Calcifer Award for Mad Haiku Skillz
Originally Posted by goalie
And this 1k (& CO Plat Elite) got sent to the box with rien, bupkes & gornisht
Ah quit yer kvetching.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 5:23 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold
Our records indicate your MileagePlus® account is not eligible for this promotion. For a list of current promotions, please visit your MyPromotions page.

What happened? I never got this email, although I am MP Premier (status matched from my CO Silver)

Was this a targeted email? If yes, who were the targets? I thought it was all Premier, Premier Exec, and 1K???
Old Aug 18, 2011, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by caseminole
Was this a targeted email? If yes, who were the targets? I thought it was all Premier, Premier Exec, and 1K???
Why did you think that?
Old Aug 18, 2011, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by Cbass2010
Right... I was just suggesting that bangkokiscool's math was wrong.
How embarrassing. Yes, I was wrong -- $2000 spend to get 100K miles. Even less if you count the bonus miles from shopping at the e-mall itself. At Home Depot that's 2.5 miles per dollar, so spending $2000 under this promotion should net 105K total miles. Hope I got that one right?!
Old Aug 18, 2011, 6:08 pm

gift cards

I got a 3 for 1000 offer. I am thinking of buying 300 10$ walmart gift cards for 100Kmiles as they dont have any fees and are free shipping. They can always be used to buy some thing or other over the next year. Will it work? If it works what is the easiest way to buy the cards. Looks like i have to make 300 individual transactions from the portal, maybe spacing them like 5 a day. Even then it takes like 60days to finish them. Did anyone think of an easier way?
Old Aug 18, 2011, 6:09 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold
Originally Posted by starflyer
Why did you think that?
based on one of the first posts in this thread, someone printed an apparent sample of the email:

Hello N00dle (Premier)
Take the Months of Miles Challenge.

You're invited to earn unlimited bonus award miles with our partners - any way you choose. Register instantly, then complete 2 transactions* and earn 1000 bonus miles for a limited time.

so i thought it was targeted to all elites based on the fact that he indicated he was Premier

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.