Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Saver Award/Upgrade Inventory (& partners) - when is it released? [Archive]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 3, 2019, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the master thread is UA MP Saver Award/Upgrade Inventory (& partners) -when is it released?
Print Wikipost

United Saver Award/Upgrade Inventory (& partners) - when is it released? [Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2014, 3:16 pm

Programs: UA platinum, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by fjfv19
ANA. You are likely seeing phantom availability on LH through the UA website.
Then i will wait a few more days or change my travel to the 23
Old Jan 15, 2014, 12:49 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Saver award availability in mid Sept

Pardon me as I'm pretty new to United. Have only flown with United a handful of times. I'm planning to get the Chase United credit card to help me reach my goal for a CGK-USA return flight award ticket (departing mid-Sept). Currently, there are saver award tickets available for almost everyday in Sept. I will probably wait until June or July to redeem. In your experience, is the saver award availability for mid-Sept still abundant come July? Thanks!
Old Jan 15, 2014, 12:53 pm

Programs: United 1K 2.7 MM
strike while the iron is hot. Get what you want now, can always change later
even if you have a change fee.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 5:11 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by mmack
strike while the iron is hot. Get what you want now, can always change later even if you have a change fee.
Good advice. But it sounds to me like the OP doesn't have the miles now.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 5:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by RNE
Good advice. But it sounds to me like the OP doesn't have the miles now.
But the advice "strike while the iron is hot" is still valid.

In other words, there are absolutely no guarantees those same awards will be available six months from now, and a very good chance they will not.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 9:39 pm

The OP could try to book the trip as two one way awards. Book one way now (assuming enough miles currently available) and plan to book the other portion in June or July.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 11:31 pm

How fair is it?

Saver Award Inventory not released far out! This also seems to be the case for many partners.

So how fair is it not to allow flexibility in routing or class upgrade after Feb. 1 when the partner awards increase outrageously, and you get hit with the outrageous miles increase if you grab the saver seat that opens up a month or two before your date of travel?

I never make changes, but the airline often does and I get stuck with something less than I booked.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 4:26 am

Programs: AADULtArer
Originally Posted by BF263533
Saver Award Inventory not released far out! This also seems to be the case for many partners.

So how fair is it not to allow flexibility in routing or class upgrade after Feb. 1 when the partner awards increase outrageously, and you get hit with the outrageous miles increase if you grab the saver seat that opens up a month or two before your date of travel?

I never make changes, but the airline often does and I get stuck with something less than I booked.
It is as fair as capitalism gets.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 1:07 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Thanks for all of your advice. That's right-- I don't have enough miles yet, even for a one way ticket. I can't commit to a particular date yet. If I can't leave in Sept 2014 (which is not unlikely), I plan to delay my trip to May 2015. So I will follow the saver award availability closely and hopefully make a decision before July.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 4:59 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by Kacee
But the advice "strike while the iron is hot" is still valid. In other words, there are absolutely no guarantees those same awards will be available six months from now, and a very good chance they will not.
Yes, but the OP doesn't have a hammer yet so who cares how hot the iron is now?
Old Jan 16, 2014, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by LaserSailor
It is as fair as capitalism gets.
That is why you end up with government consumer protection regulation and lawsuits when they do stuff like peddle frequent flyers programs that eventually turn into a Ponzi scheme.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 2:10 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
saver awards

Hi,
Trying to get 2 business saver awards one way EWR to AMS mid June to start of July.
But no availability at all. A year ago no problem.
Does UA hold them back unto 02/01 so I have to spend more miles?
Old Jan 17, 2014, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by blitzen
Hi,
Trying to get 2 business saver awards one way EWR to AMS mid June to start of July.
Umm, US to EU in mid-summer doesn't always open so far out.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 2:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Delta Plat, AA Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Courtesy Card
Originally Posted by blitzen
Hi,
If any existed, they were probably booked as far in advance as they could be.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 2:36 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

We are going to retire this thread and start a 2014 version:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ed-2014-a.html

iluv2fly
Moderator, UA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.