Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Saver Award/Upgrade Inventory (& partners) - when is it released? [Archive]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 3, 2019, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the master thread is UA MP Saver Award/Upgrade Inventory (& partners) -when is it released?
Print Wikipost

United Saver Award/Upgrade Inventory (& partners) - when is it released? [Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2013, 10:46 am

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Originally Posted by Kacee
And that secret is out. Those flights book generally full in F now well in advance.
Been out.

It was always tough to secure an upgrade on the ex EWR 752 aircraft. I was successful twice, once the day before Sandy. Flight ended up being canceled.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 10:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by anc-ord772
Been out.

It was always tough to secure an upgrade on the ex EWR 752 aircraft. I was successful twice, once the day before Sandy. Flight ended up being canceled.
The real deal was when they sold that flight under CO's fare structure. I scored some $1400 RTs in BF last year.
Old Dec 22, 2013, 7:55 am

Saver Award 24 hours before JFK-LAX?

Anyone have any idea what the chances of one saver J award opening on the 5:56 PM tomorrow? There are currently 3 revenue seats available.
Old Dec 22, 2013, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Hotelsforlife
Anyone have any idea what the chances of one saver J award opening on the 5:56 PM tomorrow? There are currently 3 revenue seats available.
Decent - I'd start checking hourly, and especially right at and after T-24
Old Dec 22, 2013, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by Hotelsforlife
they've been much more restrictive with distributing these seats even at hte last minute, see here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ning-x-xn.html

the thread title relates to saver coach but the same phenomenon is being discussed for saver J/F in the recent pages of the thread
Old Dec 22, 2013, 2:53 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
they've been much more restrictive with distributing these seats even at hte last minute, see here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ning-x-xn.html

the thread title relates to saver coach but the same phenomenon is being discussed for saver J/F in the recent pages of the thread
UA has also been consistently selling out the J cabin on the ps flights lately, so I'm not sure we can draw any conclusions about I/IN availability from those stories. I'd suggesting waiting until we see flights go out with empty J seats and I/IN0 before concluding that there has been a policy change. That's likely not going to happen until at least halfway into the first week in January.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 8:10 pm

Anybody seen any UA inventory in J either direction to Australia in 2014? Lots of searches, getting sprained wrist. Looking for 2 for Sept/October. Already have a ticket booked but paying nearly a grand in fuel surcharges on Aeroplan
Old Dec 25, 2013, 11:53 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Zero F/J savers on UA metal ATL-TLV for March. A few hilarious 16-hour connections in Addis Ababa. Um, no. But there's at least options on LH/LX/I forget.

All F/J savers vanish after 1 April with the next availability one day in August.

I know TLV is a tough redemption, but this is comically bad.
Old Dec 25, 2013, 11:56 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by born sleepy
Zero F/J savers on UA metal ATL-TLV for March. ....
Best to search for the key TATL segment first and then work of the connection. Searching a connecting flight combo tends to limit the opportunities.
Old Dec 25, 2013, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by born sleepy

I know TLV is a tough redemption, but this is comically bad.
One of the most popular routes in the system, and you're searching during the dead zone after all the early released inventory has been taken and before close-in inventory gets released.

Not really surprising at all.

Edited to add: Although it looks like UA has not released any saver J availability on its own metal EWR-TLV through November 2014. Given what's going to happen with the price of *A redemptions on Feb 1, this is troubling. It's nearly as bad for Y redemptions. In September, October, and November, there are a total of five days with saver Y availability.

Last edited by Kacee; Dec 25, 2013 at 12:34 pm
Old Dec 25, 2013, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The problem I am having now is that while there is enough award space by partners out of the gateways, there is no availability from UA to get to the gateway. With the upcoming devaluation, it seems there is no way to escape the higher level...
Old Dec 26, 2013, 6:16 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM
Originally Posted by username
The problem I am having now is that while there is enough award space by partners out of the gateways, there is no availability from UA to get to the gateway. With the upcoming devaluation, it seems there is no way to escape the higher level...
What's your status? If you can make free changes, I would recommend this strategy: Book the international flights you want, and book something, anything to/from the gateway and wait list for the flights you actually want as part of the same itinerary. Then watch award inventory and improve your reservation as you can. (Don't rely on the wait list to actually work).

Here's what I've noticed while I've been doing this lately: when I make changes in the flights that get me to/from the gateway city, I am not seeing miles redeposited/pulled from my account. My theory (my hope?) is that this means that I will still be able to continue to make changes like this even after Feb. 1 without triggering the new award table.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by username
UA award availability sucks right now, both for domestic connections and international flights. They are not even opening up I/IN within 24 hours of departure, even if a flight is R9. I can't imagine what this is going to look like after Feb. 1.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 12:06 am

Programs: DL-PM
very little TATL and TPAC availability in J in November

I've been looking at UA TATL and TPAC availability in J for November of next year and finding very little there. There is partner award space, but not on UA. Hope they're not going the Sky Pesos way
Old Dec 27, 2013, 12:19 am
Suspended

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
Originally Posted by sandeepn
I've been looking at UA TATL and TPAC availability in J for November of next year and finding very little there. There is partner award space, but not on UA. Hope they're not going the Sky Pesos way
First, let me reiterate the well-known fact that there is nobody here who despises DL SM more than I. But this indeed is what's happening.

Next summer I find saver awards on various *A partners in J for the TATL sectors I want (e.g. LH to MEX; TP to EWR or MIA; TK to IAH or JFK, etc.). But connecting to the gateway is impossible on UA metal at saver level. US metal of course saves the day, as it usually does for this purpose...but with this going away very soon, we're about to see MP usability plunge towards the abyss of SM.

This really is :-: mejor en su clase :-: It's headed downhill rather fast, without doubt.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.