Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Enhancements coming - Pre-Departure Beverages...September 2011

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Enhancements coming - Pre-Departure Beverages...September 2011

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2011, 8:14 am

Programs: -=- UA: GS + 3.9 Million Miler; Hilton: Diamond; Marriott: Gold; Hertz: President's Circle
Originally Posted by channa
This may be the only change I like so far.
+1
Old Aug 13, 2011, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by kluau88
There has been much discussion about pre-departure beverages well here's a change as SMI/J would say I'm hoping you will like.

For pre-departure beverages they will start fulfilling individual requests instead of the pre-poured options you are used to seeing on domestic and international flights. The requests can include (wine, beer, alcohol, and soda).

Coffee....yes bye bye Starbucks and hello Journeys, United's Gourmet Custom Blend. We'll have to wait for the reviews to see how premium this product is.
Including international first? I will believe it when I see it.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 10:05 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, F9 Elite, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
PMUA matrons will probably file a grievance on this
Old Aug 13, 2011, 11:26 am

Programs: AA-EXP/UA-1K/Hilton-Diamond
I was shocked when I received a pdb on my ORD-DEN trip last week. ^
Old Aug 13, 2011, 12:55 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by travelinmanS
And I'm all but certain on my flight overseas on 3rd September that the matrons will not comply. I will get my choice of only 1 glass of either water, OJ or sparkling wine and I will like it!

If I do get asked my beverage preference I will faint onboard.
Please don't. UA already has enough problems with on-time performance. The last think any of us need is a delayed departure due to a medical emergency. I'll personally pitch you out on the jet bridge (with your cocktail, of course) and tell the flight crew to go.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 3:02 pm

Programs: United 1k, Delta Platinum, American Gold, Marriott Titanium and lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by lax2010
Get ready to faint as the FA has already started taking custom preflight drink order on my LAX-ORD flight yesterday.
Flew PDX-ORD-BOS yesterday. Asked for a diet coke instead of the water or orange juice. Was told I'd have to wait until take off. SOS. Like another poster said, coming over from Continental, this policy seemed very odd to me. Even US Air, the airline everyone loves to bash, takes pre-flight drink orders.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Already had this on two UA metal flights yesterday: CLE-ORD and ORD-YYZ.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 3:11 pm

Programs: UA GS 2 MM; , SPG Plat Amb/LTP, Marriott Gold, HH, Hertz Pres Circle
the new coffee sucks

Just got off ua 556 sfo to ord. In F, fa brings me a decaf made from instant. Tasted just like the burnt instant on other carriers. Big disappointment catering wise. Writing 1k voice now.

Will have to carry via with me until they switch back.

Should add the fa was very apologetic about it and surprised ua did that.

Last edited by flyswim; Aug 14, 2011 at 3:14 pm Reason: quick update
Old Aug 14, 2011, 3:16 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by flyswim
Just got off ua 556 sfo to ord. In F, fa brings me a decaf made from instant. Tasted just like the burnt instant on other carriers. Big disappointment catering wise. Writing 1k voice now.

Should add the fa was very apologetic about it and surprised ua did that.
So few passengers are asking for decaf coffee, that many carriers are reverting to Sanka instant because a full pot of decaf would not be used on most flights.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 3:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K 3MM , Marriott Amb, Hyatt D, HH D, Hertz PC
If my upgrades as a 1K no longer clear due to the possible upcoming severe devaluation of MP I won't have to be concerned about my pre-departure drink anyway. I guess SMI/J hopes to keep me sedated with $7.99 DirecTV on my Q fare ORD-LAX.

Last edited by jchiguy1; Aug 14, 2011 at 3:20 pm Reason: spelling
Old Aug 14, 2011, 3:31 pm

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by NOTXAPTAP
Flew PDX-ORD-BOS yesterday. Asked for a diet coke instead of the water or orange juice. Was told I'd have to wait until take off. SOS. Like another poster said, coming over from Continental, this policy seemed very odd to me. Even US Air, the airline everyone loves to bash, takes pre-flight drink orders.
It is actually hit or miss! On my return flight ORD-LAX today, FA was just handing out the boring OJ and H2O! If was too early to ask for any thing else anyway :-)
Old Aug 14, 2011, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
Originally Posted by channa
This may be the only change I like so far.
what he said.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 7:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Let's hope this change doesn't result in more 'well we didn't have "enough time" to do pre-departure drinks'.

Originally Posted by flyswim
I'm packing via too.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 7:25 pm

Why do I feel the only positive changes have been pertaining to beverages! LOL -- Free Alcohol in PC/RCC and now this.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 7:46 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum; Marriott Platinum
Is there any hope that the new stuff will get better? Coffee just isn't that complicated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.