Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Anyone else seen PassPlus go downhill recently?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2011, 6:06 pm
Original Poster

The last couple of weeks I've been having trouble using my PassPlus account to book routes that I use to fly regularly and was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this?

One of the agents said it was related to the merger, another one said the system wouldn't let her book route XYZ but couldn't explain why I had been able to book that same route every month since I've had the account.

It seems like they are trying to shove IAH down people's throats now and those flights suck (ERs, CRJs). Seat 1A is a nice seat on a CRJ-700 but not for a 3 hour flight followed by 2 more hours on an Embraer or CRJ-200. Especially when I used to book that on a 777 followed by an A320.

LAX seems to be out of bounds and only ORD/DEN/IAH seem to be consistenly available.

Must be another of those changes we are all going to love.

Anyone else with a recent experience?
Old May 3, 2011, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
While not PassPlus, I have starting to experience numerous website issues that have been blamed on the merger. Hopefully your program won't turn into NonePlus
Old May 4, 2011, 8:54 am

Programs: DL-PM | UA-1K | HH-Gold
Originally Posted by BillyIdol
The last couple of weeks I've been having trouble using my PassPlus account to book routes that I use to fly regularly and was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this?

Must be another of those changes we are all going to love.

Anyone else with a recent experience?
While not PassPlus I have had very similar issues with my upcoming May/June/July east coast and LHR trips. I get constantly routed LAX-EWR-LHR (with the second leg on CO metal of course). The price difference if I want to go direct or through ORD/IAD is meaningful. This is the first time I have ever been offered EWR as a connection to LHR when searching on .bomb so clearly it is connected to a new step in the merger integration. I love that they decide to force the integration of booking codes/routes before actually making it a "single company" experience. They're almost forcing me to notice how cumbersome the integration is (like when I was IDB'd from a paid C TATL despite being a 1K because the CO agent says "well, we're not one airline yet and you got to the gate late in the boarding process").

I've also had a lot of east coast return trips routed through IAH?! BOS-IAH-LAX? Seriously?

Loving these changes Jeffy.
Old May 4, 2011, 3:49 pm
Suspended

On a recent flight SFO - ICT website kept forcing connection in Houston - called 1K desk as was able to get resolved but price on UAL was over $100 more through Denver!
Old May 4, 2011, 3:55 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
I don't know a lot about Pass Plus...other than it gives you BP1 priority.... what class do they book you in? Is there a max permitted mileage allowed? What rules are your preferred connection points now violating that were not violations before?
Old May 5, 2011, 10:33 am

As an update:

I do an odd LAX-RIC RT on a frequent basis. I have always routed LAX-IAD-RIC or LAX-ORD-RIC or some mixture of the two. In looking to book this trip again in June I am being forced to go LAX-IAH-RIC with the second leg on a regional jet. That's 1,150 miles on a regional jet! for a trip that used to be 5-6 hours on a 757 and then 20 minutes on a CRJ. This is absolutely killing me. It looks like the future for anything out of LAX is via IAH. I can't tell you how much that crushes my soul.

All I want to do is transit via a place I won't mind ending up for a few over-nights due to irrops. Please let me go via ORD or IAD. I beg of you Jeff. Don't strand me in IAH. I won't make it!
Old May 5, 2011, 4:08 pm

Programs: United 1K
I have gotten a lot of responses from customer service stating that its because of the merger.
Old May 5, 2011, 11:28 pm
Original Poster

Ugh, the flights in/out of IAH are disgusting... CRJs, ERs and even turbo props, not to mention the little planes with the five seats on the back, school bus style.

I'm coming across the same thing, three damn hours on a regional jet and then two more. You got to be kidding me. This merger sucks.
Old May 6, 2011, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by BillyIdol
Ugh, the flights in/out of IAH are disgusting... CRJs, ERs and even turbo props, not to mention the little planes with the five seats on the back, school bus style.

I'm coming across the same thing, three damn hours on a regional jet and then two more. You got to be kidding me. This merger sucks.
I think the IAH hub is probably central to CO management plans. I think they see it as a natural place for west coast connections (which only someone who like, oh my god, like lives in Texas could). In any event, I know people throw around dramatic proclamations here that they'll switch carriers because their free nuts in F weren't warm enough... BUT... if the guys/gals at CO who are determining routing think I'm going to consistently spend 2 hours on a CRJ on business trips they're just wrong. I'll put in the balance of the year on the new UA but I'll be on AA next year if I have to transit through IAH even once.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.