Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Minimum Age to Enter United Club Alone? (without an accompanying adult)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Minimum Age to Enter United Club Alone? (without an accompanying adult)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2014, 6:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Its 18 for UCs. There are no open bars.
Does anyone know what the minimum age for the GFL entry? Just curious as the ones I have visited have open area bars....
Old Nov 1, 2014, 7:03 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by pepsi1336
My son is Star Alliance Gold with Air New Zealand Airpoints and is travelling to the US in a couple of months and will have the opportunity to use the UA lounges at LAX, LAS, SFO, EWR. Will he have any issue due to his age? (He is travelling alone, with no one over 21). He has had problems getting into the Air NZ Koru lounge at LAX before (Due to the open bar they said)
I think his biggest issue on the trip will be sadly being in Las Vegas and under 21.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 3:04 pm

Minimum age with day pass?

My son is 17 and I gave him a UA club day pass that I had for him to use this weekend when he flies from PHL alone. He will be at the airport for about 4-5 hours, but is flying DL. Does he need ID, and/or a *A boarding pass to use the club, or will the guest day pass be sufficient?
Old Nov 3, 2014, 4:31 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Efield7
My son is 17 and I gave him a UA club day pass that I had for him to use this weekend when he flies from PHL alone. He will be at the airport for about 4-5 hours, but is flying DL. Does he need ID, and/or a *A boarding pass to use the club, or will the guest day pass be sufficient?
One Time Access pass only should be sufficient unless the agent thinks the person is underage. The pass itself does state (on the back) 21 is min age for use.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
One Time Access pass only should be sufficient unless the agent thinks the person is underage. The pass itself does state (on the back) 21 is min age for use.
Interesting, you only need to be 18 to become a member but you have to be 21 to use a day pass? That makes no sense.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 8:08 pm

Programs: UA GS/Global Entry
Originally Posted by Baze
Interesting, you only need to be 18 to become a member but you have to be 21 to use a day pass? That makes no sense.
You have to be 21 to be a member. It depends on the agent whether kids younger than 21 will get in. I have had a membership since 15. Have been questioned a few times and simply tell them I have a special relationship with UA- works every time.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by UAGLOBAL
You have to be 21 to be a member. It depends on the agent whether kids younger than 21 will get in. I have had a membership since 15. Have been questioned a few times and simply tell them I have a special relationship with UA- works every time.
Not any more. The RCC rule was 18, while the PC was 21. Consolidated lounges became 21 and then rolled back to 18 several months ago.

Memberships are open to anyone 18 or older.
I was concerned I'd have issues when it changed to 21, as I was one of those that signed up for an RCC membership the day I turned 18. Despite Shannon claiming that memberships would not be renewed for those under 21, mine was automatically renewed. Lol Turned 21 a month after it expired, so it wasn't too big of a deal for me.

Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi Everyone,

October 1, 2011, United Club will officially replace United’s Red Carpet Club and Continental’s Presidents Club as the new name for our lounges. Earlier this summer we aligned our complimentary bar service, snacks and beverages between our clubs and now look forward to a single name. Here are a few key highlights:
  • Current membership credentials are still good. Current credentials for both the Red Carpet Club and Presidents Club will get you into United Club. United Club branded credentials will be issued for all new membership as of October 1st and upon renewal for existing members.

• Lifetime memberships will be honored. All previous lifetime memberships will continue to be honored.

• The age requirement for membership is 21. For the fewer than 30 members that this impacts, membership will continue to be honored, but, will not be renewable (yes, it really is fewer than 30).

• Guest rules have not changed. Specifically, members will be continued to have up to two guests or spouse and children up to age 21.
Our web sites have been updated and more information can be found at united.com/unitedclub and continental.com/unitedclub.

Shannon Kelly
Director, Customer Insights
United Airlines
Old Nov 3, 2014, 8:24 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, DL Gold, QF Gold, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, WoH Explorist, Shangri-la Jade
All these rules makes me happy that AC/NH/BR has allowed me into their lounges at YYZ,YYC,YVR/NRT/TPE. (I'm only 17) (Huzzah!) but damn, 2015 summer is gonna be a huge problem for me. (Flying UA to Singapore)

Last edited by DreamHigh; Nov 3, 2014 at 8:25 pm Reason: addition
Old Nov 3, 2014, 8:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Efield7
Are the DL gates and UA lounge connected airside at PHL? Some concourses there are connected airside, but for others you must re-clear TSA security.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 1:18 am

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Are the DL gates and UA lounge connected airside at PHL? Some concourses there are connected airside, but for others you must re-clear TSA security.
They are.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 5:02 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Originally Posted by DreamHigh
All these rules makes me happy that AC/NH/BR has allowed me into their lounges at YYZ,YYC,YVR/NRT/TPE. (I'm only 17) (Huzzah!) but damn, 2015 summer is gonna be a huge problem for me. (Flying UA to Singapore)

IIRC, UA should let you in as *G on an international ticket regardless of age. The issue is the day passes and membership which specifically set a minimum age.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 2:06 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by dinoscool3
IIRC, UA should let you in as *G on an international ticket regardless of age. The issue is the day passes and membership which specifically set a minimum age.
Supposedly, *A rules do not specify how old a *G needs to be to get lounge access, however, some dragons won't let people under 21 in even if they are *G. YMMV on this one. My son had this issue, printed copy of *A rules didn't even do it, her supervisor said no (This was at T7 UC LAX).
Old Nov 4, 2014, 2:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by 1353513636
Supposedly, *A rules do not specify how old a *G needs to be to get lounge access, however, some dragons won't let people under 21 in even if they are *G. YMMV on this one. My son had this issue, printed copy of *A rules didn't even do it, her supervisor said no (This was at T7 UC LAX).
The rule isn't 21 anymore, so hope this wasn't recent.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 12:50 pm

Programs: E50K, *Gold, WS Gold,VIA Premier, VIPorter
Lounge Access Age and meetup

HI,
On Monday, I will be flying from YXU-ORD and will need to clear customs. My brother will preclear in YOW and fly ORD.
IF he arrives before me and is 16, can he use the Lounge (he's in J), as our flight leaves before 11am to PVG (and UA uses bartenders?) Also, as I come into terminal 5, I will have to train to meet him. If he is not allowed into a lounge either in concourse B or C, any recommendations where to meet him?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.